Stoke City Vs. Newcastle United

loonyTOON

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Crouch is that suited to them tbh. Hes tall but he aint great in the air. He is better with the ball at his feet. That fall for their Peno was gay as fuck too.

Crouch has been rubbish for a year or two.

I dont think Crouch is that suited to them tbh. Hes tall but he aint great in the air. He is better with the ball at his feet. That fall for their Peno was gay as fuck too.

TBF To the lanky twat, he hasnt played on a regular basis to get any form going though has he?

TBF To the lanky twat, he hasnt played on a regular basis to get any form going though has he?

Harry is quite savvy in getting rid of players when they start to turn.

Harry is quite savvy in getting rid of players when they start to turn.

Aye saggy face is indeed.

Last night was like some weird parallel universe where Cabaye was poor

Didn't think he was poor myself. Not his best game, sure. He played too deep which is something he tends to do in games like this, especially when he can't rely on his midfield partner defensively like he can with Tiote (as in he and Guthrie have hardly played together).

Stoke were better at football than us last season, whichever way they wished to play it. Whatever you say about them last season was great for them but they may be paying the price for it now. Possibly the worst european competition group draw for an English team ever. Theyre off to Israel to play on Thursday then back to play Bolton on Sunday. Without their captain and best centre half and the first choice right back,both injured last night. I almost feel sorry for them.

Last night for a change we matched them physically and showed huge spirit and commitment to the task. They didnt play 2 balls all night as good as the ones Obertan and Colo played in the build up to our first 2 goals. That was the key....show we weren't going to be pushed around (like last season...shocking display) by them and then beat them at football.

This was Pardews victory...got the tactics spot on, and obviously motivated the players brilliantly. Well done to them and Pardew.

Crouch has been rubbish for a career or two.

FYP

Last night was like some weird parallel universe where Cabaye was poor, Guthrie great, Krul occasionally sloppy without paying the price & Guti a defensive hero. The towel thing was hilarious.

If Ba to Stoke actually broke down due to money hopefully the knee knack claims are rubbish - he sure had no problem twisting & turning on the defensive line yesterday.

Overall a proper team performance - even by Obertan.

Getting excited about Saturday already.

given how bitter stoke seem about Ba not signing for them I have a feeling the knee was an excuse on their part if he came and wasnt impressed enough to sign

harsh on Krul there tbh, he had no real saves to make and against stoke he had to command his area a lot against some big strong bullies and he did so admirably, as well as any other keeper could've tbh, he dropped one ball which he shouldnt have but thats it really, always did enough otherwise

I think you're giving the Stoke fans more powers of reasoning than they deserve there. The booing was stupid but that's football tbh. He nearly signed for them and didn't, therefore he was the villain of the piece for the night. Of course he shut the fuckers up in the best way possible.

These are the same neanderthals that boo and jeer Aaron Ramsey for having the cheek to get his leg snapped in half by one of their thugs.

West Ham fan in peace.

Just wanted to say, well done for beating Stoke the Neadanderthals and well done to Pardew (who we treated shabbily) and to Ba (the goal machine). Here's hoping you beat the Scousers and Mancs over the coming weeks 'cos you've got the best PL support now.

Wishing you guys all the best over the forthcoming season and hope we are back up with you guys next year where hopefully you will be tired of the European journeys!

West Ham fan in peace.

Just wanted to say, well done for beating Stoke the Neadanderthals and well done to Pardew (who we treated shabbily) and to Ba (the goal machine). Here's hoping you beat the Scousers and Mancs over the coming weeks 'cos you've got the best PL support now.

Wishing you guys all the best over the forthcoming season and hope we are back up with you guys next year where hopefully you will be tired of the European journeys!

Welcome to the board.

What are your thoughts on Fat Sam and Kevin Nolan at your club? You seem to be doing alright in the league but then again you're a premiership team really!

Still think you're wankers after tapping up Pards years back though. ;)

Lol at the tapping - yeah I guess so!

BFS is doing ok, we didn't get many away wins last season but he is getting the results now and he is getting players in. Always thought Nolan was a steal and still do as he scores so many in the box (which will replace to some extent what Ba does!).

We would struggle in the PL though - having only 34% or so possession against the Saints says it all.

Saints looked very ordinary against Reading at the Mad Stad. Very lucky that Reading switched off and gifted them an equaliser.

They're decent at home though so a fair few teams will struggle. Can't believe they're top, they have David Connolly leading the line ffs!

Championship is fairly interesting this year, it's good to see the newly-promoted teams giving it a go. Reading won't be anywhere near the playoffs this season though unfortunately.

I know I'm going to wake up at some point and we are in the bottom three and Colo is plying his trade at Liverpool. But I have to say that was an impressive team effort. And in fairness, as I have criticized obertan on occasion, that was a tremendous cross for the first goal. He didn't do much else mind, but credit where credit is due.

stokem.png

:D

Louise Taylor's article today uses the same picture....and the following passage..

Steven Taylor, the centre-half, says Pardew is the "hardest to please" and "most demanding" of the nine managers he has played under on Tyneside. "He's always on my tail," says Taylor. "His standards are so high it's hard to make the manager smile.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/01/newcastle-united-alan-pardew-plaudits

The juxtaposition tickled me.