Demba Ba - Number 9

KeithJ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to the tune of Agadoo:

Demmm-baa Ba ba ba, he is better than Shola

Demba Ba ba ba, he's a Muslim (praise Allah)

Demba Ba ba ba, he scores in twos and threes

Demba Ba ba ba, oh Allah please spare his knees

:lol::good:

If he's set on wearing 19 then that's all there is to it IMO. Can't see Shola getting any better tbh, I'd rather see if we sign someone decent in January and give it to them.

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of positivity amongst the 'sack Pardoo' and 'play Willie Donachie at centre back' nonsense that is doing the rounds.

I had pretty high hopes for Demba Ba when he signed given his impressive scoring record in an otherwise toothless West Ham side. He has performed beyond what any of us could have hoped for and with 11 goals in 14 starts for us to go with his 18 in 26 PL overall record to date.

What more could we have hoped for? If this guy isn't a £20mill striker then I'll eat my hat.

I think others have said it in other threads already but, with Taylor and Colo, or at least some depth at the back, Demba Ba's two goals against Norwich would probably have won the game for us. And I think that underlines very clearly that Ashley needs to invest further to ensure the quality players we do have in the squad don't go to waste and eventually go somewhere else.

The forced mysticism of the number 9 is getting a little much. Hopefully some one will pick it up next Summer. 2 years with it being vacant would be ridiculous.

Would have had no problem with Best getting it this year if he wanted it.

You can't apply value to the shirt in the same post as you remove value from it.

I love that the #9 Newcastle shirt is revered and wouldn't diminish it by giving it to anyone but a legend.

we do talk about it too much (a bit like how great our support is) because we have precious little in the form of tangible success to crow about.

exactly.

Just a bit of positivity amongst the 'sack Pardoo' and 'play Willie Donachie at centre back' nonsense that is doing the rounds.

I had pretty high hopes for Demba Ba when he signed given his impressive scoring record in an otherwise toothless West Ham side. He has performed beyond what any of us could have hoped for and with 11 goals in 14 starts for us to go with his 18 in 26 PL overall record to date.

What more could we have hoped for? If this guy isn't a £20mill striker then I'll eat my hat.

I think others have said it in other threads already but, with Taylor and Colo, or at least some depth at the back, Demba Ba's two goals against Norwich would probably have won the game for us. And I think that underlines very clearly that Ashley needs to invest further to ensure the quality players we do have in the squad don't go to waste and eventually go somewhere else.

if it is sunny tomorrow, then there will be no snow.

He has performed beyond what any of us could have hoped for and with 11 goals in 14 starts for us to go with his 18 in 26 PL overall record to date.

He's not a poacher but he's a great penalty box finisher, it's not often he's in the 18 yard box and doesn't at least find the target.