***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Playing good football is nice, but first and foremost football is a results business. And Mourinho gets results like nobody's business. Saying you wouldn't want a manager of that calibre here is utter stupidity, given the results the bloke has delivered everywhere he's gone.

Mind it'll be of no consequence to him, cos he wouldn't dream of coming here in any case.

And as I type this, the Chelsea fans start chanting his name at Stamford Bridge.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing good football is nice, but first and foremost football is a results business. And Mourinho gets results like nobody's business. Saying you wouldn't want a manager of that calibre here is utter stupidity, given the results the bloke has delivered everywhere he's gone.

Mind it'll be of no consequence to him, cos he wouldn't dream of coming here in any case.

And as I type this, the Chelsea fans start chanting his name at Stamford Bridge.

Agreed.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we're playing like Stoke or Wolves. There has been some green shoots of decent football and a couple of very good all-round performances.

Pardew is an average PL manager, anybody trying to make out otherwise is an idiot.

It's frankly ridiculous to look at the job he's done and say "Yeah but it's just down to the players. They're playing well." and disregard any input that the manager has had on them playing the way they have. Not to mention the improvements we've seen in players that have otherwise looked substandard prior to his arrival.

THAT is idiotic.

Pardew is an average PL manager, anybody trying to make out otherwise is an idiot.

It's frankly ridiculous to look at the job he's done and say "Yeah but it's just down to the players. They're playing well." and disregard any input that the manager has had on them playing the way they have. Not to mention the improvements we've seen in players that have otherwise looked substandard prior to his arrival.

THAT is idiotic.

Read through the thread ginge. I'm not repeating everythign a milion times.

I've said what he's good at.

Edited by Park Life

THAT is idiotic.

Read through the thread ginge. I'm not repeating everythign a milion times.

I've said what he's good at.

I don't care to read what you said. :razz:

Think he is a marvelous organiser and this was pretty clear most of the first half of the season. He has also managed to get through most of the season with two crap full backs (before santon started playing). This is no mean feat and he deserves massive credit for that. The unit of the back 6 inc Cabaye and Tiote and later guthrie were often well positioned and constructive in their play with a strong idea of their roles. That is what Pards has been very good at.

Ant, am 38 now and am far better at my Job than I was 5 years ago. Hence I have climbed the ladder. The best managers tend to be older (few exceptions) so it's fair to say Pardew should be judged on his last season as a manager not how he did 5 to 10 years ago. Fair?

Utter bollocks. We all know you have only 'climbed' the so-called 'ladder' through the indiscriminate use of your 8 inch member on every member of staff in a senior position.

Warrants another season? :lol:

And no to Mourinho? :lol:

I know. Fucking nonsense. :lol:

Why is it fucking nonsense?

Ive just said that for me results are not everything and first and foremost I want to see Newcastle play good football. Mourinho, certainly in the past (although I will bear in mind what Monroe Transfer has said about this season) has played negative, boring, physical and cynical football and thats not what I want see with Newcastle.

I don't want to see Newcastle win at all costs playing football like that, I never have done and I never will, so if thats what I believe why is it fucking nonsense?

The thing with Mourinhio is, and I'm not sure how many of you will know this, but I don't think he's a Geordie. And given that Newcastle United is where Geordies come from--it's where they live and breathe in day to day life--I personally think the manager should also be a Geordie. Jimmy Nail would make a good manager, he has shown he can thrive in whatever industry or profession he chooses, be it acting or music. He has the passion and the Geordieness to lead us to a brighter future. Mourinhio just doesn't have that imo, and you can tell by watching his teams, before you've even had a look at him, that he's not a Geordie.

Because a manager of his calibre would bring with it the chance of trophy success. But you are turning your noise up at that in favour of nice looking football.

Perhaps fucking idiotic would have been a better choice of words than fucking nonsense, given that you've now clarified that you're definitely less concerned about results than you are pretty patterns.

Have to say he looks like your typical Geordie, an inbred council house dwelling dole-waller with too much time on his hands.

Come on man, use some originality. You can't just use insults that people have used against you.

They can smell their own.

Guest CabayeAye

Him and his CL winners medals can fuck right off.

I want to see nice passing triangles. TRIANGLES!

parallelogram is the new triangle

I fucking hate that 'triangles' thing! If you've made a triangle, then you are right back where you started. Straight lines FTW!