Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 3rd Dec, 12.45pm - Sold out!

ChezGiven

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a tribute match to SBR a few days before he passed iirc.

There was and seeing the state he was in so close to death was very upsetting.

It's a couple of tributes that will last a few minutes in total. We're not renaming a stand or anything.

You prick, the Gallowgate will now be changed to The Sports Direct End once the sales of Colo and Tiote are finalised.

Even if it were true, there'll be plenty of time for the fans to protest. The stadium isn't going to be demolished and we're playing all our home games there.

I don't think we will protest at all. And I don't think we would have on Saturday. There'll just be a bit of singing about St James Park. Can't know if Bobby Robson would have got an opera singer and an East Stand salute if he'd died during the season, but I'm not the first to express surprise at the extent of the official plans for paying respect to Speed.

The PC brigade are starting to piss me off now. People are allowed opinions on this and don't need grief because they dare air their feelings. Everyone is upset Speed died but I can't help thinking the grown men who still reckon they are bursting into tears 4 days later need to pull themselves together. There's obviously a split between people who think this is a noble gesture and those who think it's overkill. Neither has to be right or wrong

:lol:You are a one-man PC brigade, "ooh don't say bad things to Paul Wyn, we all have feelings oohhh," you brainless centipede.

There's a difference between people saying it's overkill and people deducting that Mike Ashley may be using the reaction to Speed's death to deflect criticism of his policies. That deserves criticism as a dumb idea.

people deducting that Mike Ashley may be using the reaction to Speed's death to deflect criticism of his policies. That deserves criticism as a dumb idea.

Despite that being EXACTLY what Llambias has done to deflect Barton's criticism this week in an official statement?

I'm not dreaming up awful scenario's for individuals undeserving of cynicism here. They boast about how "horrible" they are and give us examples of it repeatedly.

Seem to remember a charity making a request to put on a fundraising drive on a matchday last year which the club were cunts about and steadfastly refused, then they were arseholes about the Entertainers game. Seems to me they'll embrace the things fans feel passionate about only when it suits their interests.

Edited by Happy Face

people deducting that Mike Ashley may be using the reaction to Speed's death to deflect criticism of his policies. That deserves criticism as a dumb idea.

Despite that being EXACTLY what Llambias has done to deflect Barton's criticism this week in an official statement?

I'm not dreaming up awful scenario's for individuals undeserving of cynicism here. They boast about how "horrible" they are and give us examples of it repeatedly.

Seem to remember a charity making a request to put on a fundraising drive on a matchday last year which the club were cunts about and steadfastly refused, then they were arseholes about the Entertainers game. Seems to me they'll embrace the things fans feel passionate about only when it suits their interests.

I thought that too. God that mans a cunt. Mind you the Journal also did something similar in their story on Barton too!

Re: Barton, I'm amazed QPR didn't make him close his twitter account when he signed.

He's even embarrassing himself as we speak. Apparently Chris Moyles and Robbie Jackson off Eastenders were calling him a mug on Radio One, one of his mates told him, now he's tweeting that they're two ugly cunts. He should just pipe completely down for his own good.

Re: Barton, I'm amazed QPR didn't make him close his twitter account when he signed.

He's even embarrassing himself as we speak. Apparently Chris Moyles and Robbie Jackson off Eastenders were calling him a mug on Radio One, one of his mates told him, now he's tweeting that they're two ugly cunts. He should just pipe completely down for his own good.

:lol:

He might need to go to the next level and find some Leibniz to misappropriate if he's going to beat a great thinker like Robbie.

Deflect Barton's criticism? :lol: As if it needed deflecting--he's just a jumped-up gobshite rentaquote who is constantly churning out gibberish online and in the press. I genuinely wonder how many supporters who frequent St. Jame's will have read barton's quotes and his twitter feed, and how many will be aware of Lammbias' response, as I suspect it will not be a great deal. It's not as though there are 25000 supporters who read Barton saying, "Mike Ashley wanted to dock my wages in prison, much like how the exile of Trotsky from Russia docked the human spirit," and think, "Whay man, ah divvent na that like man, wahey were gannin on hunga strike man after this butty like, Ashley oot!"

Like I said, even if it is true, it won't deflect criticism for long. By all means, if it's bothering you that much, organise a protest for the Chelsea game. We could even make a dossier.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

Doesn't Pardew have a press conference today?

if he does I presume when asked about tiote or next month he'll answer

thus prompting a load of people to "wish he would stop talking about january/our players"

Deflect Barton's criticism? :lol: As if it needed deflecting

Agreed, and as I said, that's true of what little protest the fans might have mounted at Chelsea...but the fact is the club HAVE used Speed's death in a pathetic way which leads me to question their motives for the incongruous effort they're putting in on behalf of Speed this Saturday...effort they wouldn't put in for the Bobby Robson foundation when it came to the Entertainers rematch.

Deflect Barton's criticism? :lol: As if it needed deflecting

Agreed, and as I said, that's true of what little protest the fans might have mounted at Chelsea...but the fact is the club HAVE used Speed's death in a pathetic way which leads me to question their motives for the incongruous effort they're putting in on behalf of Speed this Saturday...effort they wouldn't put in for the Bobby Robson foundation when it came to the Entertainers rematch.

Ok sorry Bernstein