Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

You know, upon reflection I think if I had been in Pardew's shoes I would have recognized Perch's frailties at right back and given Tavernier a start in that position and put Perch where he plays best.

I would have played Cisse in front, not that lethargic Stroller.

I would have had Obertan off earlier and put Fergusan on. Don't think I would have started Obertan.

Sannton and Fergusan might work together better.

You would have played an inexperienced 21 year old in a hotch-potch defence against arguably the best flank in the Premier League?

Shola played up front because they'd prepared all week with Cisse wide and Ba in the centre, Pardew said as much.

Obertan was looking decent going forward and was causing their fullbacks problems, Ferguson hasn't impressed in the chances he's had this season.

Santon's big problem was His positional sense, not sure how having another young lad with no positional sense would help.

Sorry Noelie, with all due respect that's nonsense.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me last night provided the worst moment of the season. We're playing Everton at home we go 2-1 down, there's 30 minutes to play and there's a total resignation from all of the players that we've lost the game. Fucking pathetic. To make matters even worse he takes off our fastest player for a defensive midfielder, I'm not saying Obertan was amazing, but he wasn't the worst. The fans are arseholes too booing Ranger on, it wasn't many but enough to be audible. I hate fucking Everton too, complete scruffs who are beyond comparison in this country, and that really is not being harsh.

The 6 minutes injury time, for a team a goal down, at home, was some of the least urgent football we had played all game. It was disgusting. As was sholas reluctance to even think of going for a ball not passed directly to his feet/chest. If he was foreign he'd be thought of in the same vein as Pistone and Andreas Andersson

You would have played an inexperienced 21 year old in a hotch-potch defence against arguably the best flank in the Premier League?

Shola played up front because they'd prepared all week with Cisse wide and Ba in the centre, Pardew said as much.

Obertan was looking decent going forward and was causing their fullbacks problems, Ferguson hasn't impressed in the chances he's had this season.

Santon's big problem was His positional sense, not sure how having another young lad with no positional sense would help.

Sorry Noelie, with all due respect that's nonsense.

An injury after 30 seconds could have changed how we were set up. That was a shit reason from Pardew. Cisse must have been on a high hearing he's our main man now , only to be told Shola is actually starting up front and he gets to graft on the wing again. He must think why he fucking bothers

An injury after 30 seconds could have changed how we were set up. That was a shit reason from Pardew. Cisse must have been on a high hearing he's our main man now , only to be told Shola is actually starting up front and he gets to graft on the wing again. He must think why he fucking bothers

That's a fucking stupid way of looking at it. What's the point in any match prep then? I mean an injury after 30 seconds could change the way we were set up, or could change the way they set up, so lets not bother. :rolleyes:

Edited by The Fish

Totally agree. Pardew thought he was pulling a master stroke and it didnt work, hence him running around today promising Cisse will now start every game down the middle.

That's a fucking stupid way of looking at it. What's the point in any match prep then? I mean an injury after 30 seconds could change the way we were set up, or could change the way they set up, so lets not bother. :rolleyes:

Stupider than starting Shola up front? I think not. His inability to adapt to changing situations throughout games is part of the reason we have so few points

Edited by TheRollingStones

Stupider than starting Shola up front? I think not. His inability to adapt to changing situations throughout games is part of the reason we have so few points

Shola was turd, nobody is disagreeing with that, but your assertion that we should sack off the game preparation because injuries can happen is fucking stupid.

Shola was turd, nobody is disagreeing with that, but your assertion that we should sack off the game preparation because injuries can happen is fucking stupid.

Funny that because the match thread, to a man, wanted Cisse up front prior to the team being announced. No one got derided for being mental for suggesting that

Btw, what stopped us sticking to the same plan with Cisse through the middle? A change is a change, whether its Cisse for Ba or Shola for Ba. Or do you need 3 days to mentally prepare to play in a certain position these days?

Funny that because the match thread, to a man, wanted Cisse up front prior to the team being announced. No one got derided for being mental for suggesting that

Btw, what stopped us sticking to the same plan with Cisse through the middle? A change is a change, whether its Cisse for Ba or Shola for Ba. Or do you need 3 days to mentally prepare to play in a certain position these days?

The point is surely that the way the team plays with Shola up front is closer to how they play with Ba up front than the way they play with Cisse up front? That the way they've been playing with Cisse out wide is closer to the way they played.

The way that hasn't worked for 11 games you mean? Cos playing with Cisse up front in a 3 man attack didn't work in just about every game he played there? 13 goal in 15 wasn't it. Why are you defending the indefensible? Pardew made another tactical cock up and his excuse is bullshit. They are professional footballers, they can take on changes in instructions if needed. If Cisse was told the play through the middle he wouldn't have found himself subconsciously on the right wing chasing after Perchs man all day wondering 'what the fuck happened here, my head hurts'

The way that hasn't worked for 11 games you mean? Cos playing with Cisse up front in a 3 man attack didn't work in just about every game he played there? 13 goal in 15 wasn't it. Why are you defending the indefensible? Pardew made another tactical cock up and his excuse is bullshit. They are professional footballers, they can take on changes in instructions if needed. If Cisse was told the play through the middle he wouldn't have found himself subconsciously on the right wing chasing after Perchs man all day wondering 'what the fuck happened here, my head hurts'

Yup

Fuck

:spit: Realise that if CT is agreeing with you, you must have strayed from safety?

Just my last two penneth on this. IU understand why Pardew stuck with a system he'd been spending the time between Arsenal and now preparing for. I'm sure if Ba was a done deal sooner he'd have changed things up.

He came close to scoring, and scored our last winning goal. Wish the fuck he had, not least to shut up the dickheads that spend the whole match slagging off. I particularly love the accusation he is lazy. Seriously man, have a word.

He lacks pace and stamina. Also has an odd loping gait. Do you seriously think he just can't be arsed?

Without a doubt. He showed no more enthusiasm when he was 21 years of age. 14 years of Shola...and counting.

Questions why successive managers have all chosen him for over 10 years despite this "laziness".

I've said before its very telling that the only one to see through him was KK.