Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the ball bounces 5 yards away from you and you look at it instead of running towards it you are lazy. That's not your 'playing style' and if it is you should be playing a different sport

You talk broken down central sewage systems amount of shite, but you're spot on about Shola. I can't understand how everyone can miss it.

:lol:

What you trying to say, like?

:lol:

I think me and HF may be the culprits.

Essembee started a thread about Krul's free kick error or some such shite, I merged it with the match thread, meanwhile HF was merging it with the Krul thread.

And here we are, all together in one big happy thread :blush:

Hiding behind the wall lessons his chances of saving free kicks.As for Anita for the 1st goal.He looked prepared to charge down the ball then decided retreating quickly was the best option to block the kick.Cowardice i call it.When the opposition player is taking his run-up to put a free kick into our box,why does Krul allow the defenders to backpeddle at pace towards our goal.He should be insisting they stay on the edge of the box till the ball is kicked.

Reference the Ameobi brothers,both predictable in the sense that they can do the odd canny thing with the ball but usually do nowt with it.Shola stands out for his `ability' to infuriate me to the point where i nearly swear.I have been watching us since the early 60s and no one,i repeat,no one has come close to bettering his moments of buffoonery at times.

You would have played an inexperienced 21 year old in a hotch-potch defence against arguably the best flank in the Premier League? Yes I would Mr. Fish. Age is not a gauge for experience, experience is gained on the battlefield, or on the job experience if you will. Who dares often wins.

Shola played up front because they'd prepared all week with Cisse wide and Ba in the centre, Pardew said as much.

A natural centre-forward doesn't forget how to play in the centre even if he's played wide in preparation all week. Pardew fully understood Ba could be leaving and his preparation should have been based on Ba's probable exit.

Obertan was looking decent going forward and was causing their fullbacks problems, Ferguson hasn't impressed in the chances he's had this season.

Santon's big problem was His positional sense, not sure how having another young lad with no positional sense would help.

Sorry Noelie, with all due respect that's nonsense.

Well, sorry Noelie, but there's no way I'd have dumped the poor lad in the deep end like that. Maybe if he'd showed more promise than he has, maybe against a lesser opposition, maybe in a team that's performing well... but not when he's seemed all right at best, not when he'd be up against the best flank in the league and certainly not when the team around him are playing like myotonic goats.

It's not just about the natural centre forward, it's the entire team, it's the positions at set pieces, it's putting the (perceived) best players on the pitch possible. Pardew was certain Ba was playing.