There are some lovely people in this country

Kevin S. Assilleekunt

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troop hecklers are participating in a form of protest against the political objectives of the UK government, which whether you agree with the the objectives of the government or not, is costing lives abroad as a simple matter of fact. UK troops are prosecuting that objective and anyone joining the UK armed forces does so knowing that i) they are going to end up doing what the UK government tells them to do and ii) they live in a country where freedom to protest is a long standing, legitimate way of participating in the democractic process outside of election periods. They therefore may experience protest against their actions on UK soil as all people might not agree with their deployment. It's a fact of their military life. I don't personally happen to agree with the the troop hecklers and believe people are equally entitled to express their disapproval/protest at their message, but I disagree even more strongly that it has any relevance to this debate at all.

By contrast, black people on a train are not, by virtue of being black people on a train, wilfully participating in a form of politically sensitive and potentially offensive protest. They're just being black people on a train.

Failure to appreciate that makes you a racist, whatever your feelings about troop hecklers are.

Black train commuters reading this might well ask the question why they're being compared to the IRA/troop hecklers. In sheer bemusement of course.

I don't suppose there is much point in asking for your actual views on what this woman has said, and your views on those foreigners and anti-British element who heckle our troops alongside them is there ?

Bit unfair to ask that when you've gone to such lengths to point out you're not prepared to do the same though.

I'll basically agree with quotes which are pro-British rather than the other way round. My point though is that she is being castigated for saying something by people who say others have a right to free speech ? They can't have it both ways.

I'm not so bothered by what she says but by the reaction, by typical over-reactive PC correct lunatics, in comparison to far worse things.

Troop hecklers are participating in a form of protest against the political objectives of the UK government, which whether you agree with the the objectives of the government or not, is costing lives abroad as a simple matter of fact. UK troops are prosecuting that objective and anyone joining the UK armed forces does so knowing that i) they are going to end up doing what the UK government tells them to do and ii) they live in a country where freedom to protest is a long standing, legitimate way of participating in the democractic process outside of election periods. They therefore may experience protest against their actions on UK soil as all people might not agree with their deployment. It's a fact of their military life. I don't personally happen to agree with the the troop hecklers and believe people are equally entitled to express their disapproval/protest at their message, but I disagree even more strongly that it has any relevance to this debate at all.

By contrast, black people on a train are not, by virtue of being black people on a train, wilfully participating in a form of politically sensitive and potentially offensive protest. They're just being black people on a train.

Failure to appreciate that makes you a racist, whatever your feelings about troop hecklers are.

we know what is happening. I think the sentiments expose their mindsets and loyalties, and such heckling of troops should not be allowed tbh, by people who are only doing it because they know nothing will happen to them. If they feel that way, they should put on a uniform and fight for their beliefs out in the open.

Black train commuters reading this might well ask the question why they're being compared to the IRA/troop hecklers. In sheer bemusement of course.

I don't suppose there is much point in asking for your actual views on what this woman has said, and your views on those foreigners and anti-British element who heckle our troops alongside them is there ?

Bit unfair to ask that when you've gone to such lengths to point out you're not prepared to do the same though.

I'll basically agree with quotes which are pro-British rather than the other way round. My point though is that she is being castigated for saying something by people who say others have a right to free speech ? They can't have it both ways.

I'm not so bothered by what she says but by the reaction, by typical over-reactive PC correct lunatics, in comparison to far worse things.

I pretty much agree with the last bit. Re: the freedom of speech thing, there are limits. She's basically bothering people minding their own business whilst on public transport. It's not some vehicle for voicing opinions like this place where you can come and go as you please, those people were stuck there listening to her rant. Feel sorry for her bairn as well. I dread to think how that bint goes on in private.

I doubt it, but how do you know that ?

same way you "know" I drink lemonade

You should stop jumping to conclusions, the same as others.
You forever jump to conclusions, why should I not benefit from the same rights as you?

Anyway, why is this woman "racist" when foreigners who heckle our troops when they come back from abroad are not ?
This sentence makes so sense to me, It's entirely possible for both parties to be racist, or neither party, its' not mutually exclusive. This woman is racist because she's prejudiced against people of a different race. She's accusing them of scrounging from the state and stealing British people's jobs. She appears to hold the opinion that only white anglo-saxon people can be British.

The people defaming our troops abroad are screaming for attention, and hold an opinion which is frankly offensive. I think both situations are insufferable, and I think more should be done to stop the elements looking to incite violence on all sides. Honestly, I think the radical Islamists should be deported. To where? I don't know. How to get around current laws, I don't know. How to manage the dangerous precedent it sets? I've no idea.

And is calling someone "racist" names worse than someone who blows up shopping centres ?
Course it isn't. What a ridiculous thing to say.

I seriously think a few people on here, ex student types of course, need a reality check.
I think that the world of absolutes that you inhabit is so far from reality, you've had to aim for the second star on the right and head straight on til morning.

I'd probably have blown the train up.

I'd definitely have blown the train up.

do that and they would of acused you of terrorist activity lol

I'd have just called someone a few nasty names

Who said the troop heckling fanatics weren't racist? You're the first one to have suggested that.

1. who, of these who are so eagerly branding this woman - and me, for what she has said, is also calling these heckling fanatics "racist"?

2. As has been pointed out, I haven't actually said how I feel about what she has said

1. I don't know/care

2. What's stopping you?

Why has Leazes ignored Fish's perfectly reasonable, thought out reply?

The one where he has answered all the questions put to him in a way Leazes says no-one ever does (no hypocrisy there)?

:lol:

The one where he has answered all the questions put to him in a way Leazes says no-one ever does (no hypocrisy there)?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?/topic/31973-mackem-cunt/page__view__findpost__p__1007697

Is Black People on a Train the much anticipated sequel to Snakes on a Plane? ;)

Is Black People on a Train the much anticipated sequel to Snakes on a Plane? ;)

I'd say it's already had a bigger audience.

Come on pissy pants, answer him.

Come on pissy pants, answer him.

why haven't you taken part in the thread I started about Ashley apologists ?

Like most of them, it would seem.

Haven't you noticed ewerk not answering my questions ? Thought not.

Anyway, we've been told to behave now, because a few big bairns have complained to admin. Wonder who they were ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Ahahahaha. I am laughing because as I suspected, YOU are still unwilling to answer MY simple question--I wonder why? Is it because YOU are afraid that your so-called education, which consisted of reading so-called books in your ivory tower, will not be enough to match MY real life experience, one drop of which is worth more than a thousand of your so-called books? Oh please do tell, the anticipation is killing me--in case YOU wondered, THAT was sarcasm, something I am sure YOU have come across in one of your so-called books.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt