Norwich (away)

Barney

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never done Norwich away. Looking foward to going to a new ground. I'm stopping over the night. Heard its canny on the piss. Anyone recommend where to drink etc beforethe game? Cheers

Years since I have been all probably boarded up now. Good place to go (shit in back of transist van) found this hope it helps

Where To Drink?

I found that the number of good pubs situated in-between the train station and the ground, were plentiful and friendly. In fact it almost ended up being a pub crawl before the match had begun! The traditional haunt of away fans for many years was the Clarence Harbour, but this alas is now making way for a housing development. Most fans now seem to be heading instead for the 'Compleat Angler', which is by the river opposite the railway station (around 5-10 minutes walk from the ground)'. This pub seems to have now taken over the mantle of the 'away fans pub'.

Rob Emery informs me; 'Not far away from the ground and towards the City Centre a new leisure complex called the Riverside has opened. This has a number of drinking and eating establishments, including a Wetherspoons Lloyds No.1 outlet. Whilst Nicholas Mead suggests; 'the Coach and Horses on Thorpe Road brews its own beer and is around a 10 minute walk away from the ground'.

I'm with everyone else in that Perch is not one for us for the future. But tbf to him, he played Drogba a lot better than most defenders do. He lost in the air everytime but he was putting a lot of pressure on his back. I think Pardew must see something in him. I thought Routledge would be a good squad player for us but he saw nothing and got rid. He could have easily done the same with Perch and got a cheap replacement. Also I thought Kadar was looking ace and coming along nicely, but Pardew has had him no-where near 1st team. I can safely say I have faith in Pardew and his selection. So I think we should just wait and see what happens. Who knows....

I have £9 on us to win 3-1 with Ba to score first, 75-1. Im praying it happens as Im due a win....and its xmas!

What an incredibly shit start to the weekend, my lass got hit by another lass in Long Bar last night and has a black eye, and nearly as bad the fuckin match isn't on anywhere because the Premier League are absolute cunts!!! Was looking forward to it as well. 90% of the pubs who show the games are on through via Sat the FAPL have cut the lot. Bastards. FFS I'll have to start going to away games again :(

Norwich fans are likely to face a widespread television blackout of today’s big match as publicans try to investigate why the plug has been pulled.

• <a href="http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_fans_facing_pub_television_black_out_1_1150382#article-comments" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 26px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 10px; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; text-align: left; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(45, 42, 119); text-decoration: none; float: left; border-right-style: solid; border-right-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); display: block; border-top-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); background-image: url(http://www.edp24.co.uk/polopoly_fs/edp_stylesheet_7_1134!bg-views.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 3px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Comments
  • Email
  • Print
  • Got a story?

As they account for a large majority of pubs which have invested in foreign satellite decoders to watch Canaries’ fixtures, it is set to lead to a frantic rush by fans to find a place still showing the match.

After last Saturday’s away match against Manchester City was blacked out, rumours spread that the Premier League had taken legal action to block transmission.

However, the Evening News understands this is not the case. It is believed that ViaSat has taken the decision to no longer show live matches at 3pm, fixtures at all other times being unaffected.

Dave Fenner, sales manager of SAS UK Installations, based on the Sweetbriar Road industrial estate, in Norwich, has been advising pubs where he has installed ViaSat systems not to advertise the match today.

He said: “I think there will be another blackout but no one knows quite what is going on; I have suggested publicans try it at 3pm and search other channels as well.”

Given that millions of ViaSat systems had been sold in the UK, he could only think the company had been threatened with legal action if they continued to show 3pm matches.

Roger Cawdron, landlord of the Ribs of Beef, in Wensum Street, said he would not be taking the chance of advertising the match.

He said: “We had a lot of people in here last Saturday and they were disgusted by the 3pm blackout whatever was behind it.”

Mr Cawdron is anxious because he has signed up for two years of broadcasts with ViaSat.

“The reason I chose them was that I am purely interested in Norwich City games,” he said.

Absolutely gutted. Are they not rich enough the greedy cunts?

Have a word man! So we should have bought two new 4th and 5th choice CB's :)

How many teams have "quality" 4th and 5th choice anything. At that level into a squad you are into the kids (in a non sexual way) unless a more senior pro, out of position (in the managers opinion) is a better option.

Should have bought a 2nd/3rd choice CB tbh. Williamson moved down to fourth choice. With Steven Taylor it's a given that he'll be out for a large part of the season with injury.

This match really threatens to highlight just how lacking in depth our squad is.

Not sure what you mean by that. If we win, then it shows we have depth but if we lose, we lack depth? Yet the depth of a squad is not affected by a result.

I think you mean its a test of the quality we have in depth. In which case i agree.

I'm saying that's it's my opinion that we don't have depth, and I think the result in this match could serve to highlight that. The only way that it might not is if they're just flat out not very good, which could well be the case - I've not seen enough of them this season to comment. With Colo in the backline my confidence will increase tenfold. Hopefully other players coming into the side see this as their chance to impress so will be giving their all. At the very least it should be interesting to see firstly who Pardew goes with and secondly how they perform.

What an incredibly shit start to the weekend, my lass got hit by another lass in Long Bar last night and has a black eye, and nearly as bad the fuckin match isn't on anywhere because the Premier League are absolute cunts!!! Was looking forward to it as well. 90% of the pubs who show the games are on through via Sat the FAPL have cut the lot. Bastards. FFS I'll have to start going to away games again :(

Norwich fans are likely to face a widespread television blackout of today’s big match as publicans try to investigate why the plug has been pulled.

• <a href="http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/norwich_city_fans_facing_pub_television_black_out_1_1150382#article-comments" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 26px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 10px; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; text-align: left; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(45, 42, 119); text-decoration: none; float: left; border-right-style: solid; border-right-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); display: block; border-top-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-bottom-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); background-image: url(http://www.edp24.co....34!bg-views.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 3px 2px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Comments
  • Email
  • Print
  • Got a story?

As they account for a large majority of pubs which have invested in foreign satellite decoders to watch Canaries’ fixtures, it is set to lead to a frantic rush by fans to find a place still showing the match.

After last Saturday’s away match against Manchester City was blacked out, rumours spread that the Premier League had taken legal action to block transmission.

However, the Evening News understands this is not the case. It is believed that ViaSat has taken the decision to no longer show live matches at 3pm, fixtures at all other times being unaffected.

Dave Fenner, sales manager of SAS UK Installations, based on the Sweetbriar Road industrial estate, in Norwich, has been advising pubs where he has installed ViaSat systems not to advertise the match today.

He said: “I think there will be another blackout but no one knows quite what is going on; I have suggested publicans try it at 3pm and search other channels as well.”

Given that millions of ViaSat systems had been sold in the UK, he could only think the company had been threatened with legal action if they continued to show 3pm matches.

Roger Cawdron, landlord of the Ribs of Beef, in Wensum Street, said he would not be taking the chance of advertising the match.

He said: “We had a lot of people in here last Saturday and they were disgusted by the 3pm blackout whatever was behind it.”

Mr Cawdron is anxious because he has signed up for two years of broadcasts with ViaSat.

“The reason I chose them was that I am purely interested in Norwich City games,” he said.

Absolutely gutted. Are they not rich enough the greedy cunts?

They're showing it at 10 in Norway, basically going for an internet blackout till then from when it starts.