The No. 10.

Park Life

Basically anyone who didn't have doubts about whether Ben Arfa was gonna succeed at NUFC earlier in the season was kidding themselves. "Just pick him" wasn't the answer, which is why Pardew deserves credit.

Not sure how Chez is in that list mind.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been too much emphasis placed on people being right and wrong on here over the last couple of years. This new lad has signed up, immediately attacked Baggio and then came on demanding people admit they were wrong.

That's right, Leazesmag, I'm onto you.

Ok, Blaydon.

Basically anyone who didn't have doubts about whether Ben Arfa was gonna succeed at NUFC earlier in the season was kidding themselves. "Just pick him" wasn't the answer, which is why Pardew deserves credit.

Do you go to the games?

:lol: Here we go. Bernard pushing his balls around in a wheelbarrow today.

No Bernard, I don't. I was a season ticket holder but I gave it up. Utterly irrelevant to the discussion given the availability of the matches online or on TV, but if you're here to point score you can have that one.

Is that Roll Me Away, Brock? Proper guilty pleasures these. :lol:

I'm Turd Ferguson BBN. Hardly ever post tbh. That username has been registered on there since 04.

That's the one!

Somewhere along a high road

The air began to turn cold

She said she missed her home

I headed on alone

:lol:

Harry redknapp at it again:

"he boy at Newcastle'sspacer.gif a good player as well, he's a talent, Ben Arfa. He's similar, another good little dribbler.

"We probably could have had him as well, but you can't take everyone can you? You end up with dozens of players hanging around, and we've got good players here anyway so he might not have got in our team."

Actually I'd love this to be Alex in a new aggressive alter ego.

thats who i thought of...albeit for the number of posts more than anything else.

Harry redknapp at it again:

"he boy at Newcastle'sspacer.gif a good player as well, he's a talent, Ben Arfa. He's similar, another good little dribbler.

"We probably could have had him as well, but you can't take everyone can you? You end up with dozens of players hanging around, and we've got good players here anyway so he might not have got in our team."

and let the games begin...sounds as if old saggy face is a tad nervous to lose his CL spot

:lol: The only one on here who knew how good he was before we signed him. I'm his official stalker.

A few players actually wanting the ball in this team wouldnt be the worst scenario tbh, as opposed to simpson who looks like he has been handed riot loot in the middle of the street whenever he gets the ball.

Quite often we find ourselves at 40 yards out and running out of creativity, thats where ben arfa comes in.

LBT, I want you to really consider this; Do you honestly think we'd be higher in the league of further in the cups if we'd been playing HBA alongside Ba?

If you do, you are less a "football fan" and more a footballer fan in my opinion.

Im not sure we would have won against Bolton without him Fishy!

A few players actually wanting the ball in this team wouldnt be the worst scenario tbh, as opposed to simpson who looks like he has been handed riot loot in the middle of the street whenever he gets the ball.

Quite often we find ourselves at 40 yards out and running out of creativity, thats where ben arfa comes in.

LBT, I want you to really consider this; Do you honestly think we'd be higher in the league of further in the cups if we'd been playing HBA alongside Ba?

If you do, you are less a "football fan" and more a footballer fan in my opinion.

Im not sure we would have won against Bolton without him Fishy!

I stand by it.

He wasn't performing and certainly wasn't playing well as part of a front two or as a wide midfielder..

I guess he needed time to settle in the side. Nani was quite gash the first season or two as well in United, if you allow me the comparison.

At the time he was critizised for being fotball stupid though ( like walcott/sturridge), something I guess cant be said about HBA. He looks like a very intelligent fotballer to me, the last chip to avoid being tackled prior to his bolton goal was quite ingenious.

In the end, all he needed ( imo ) was a longer run of games, the same courtesy extended to Obertan earlier in the season.

IMO he should have gotten it sooner but luckily for everyone involved things are going rather well for both the club and him, so there is no conflict of interest anymore for fans of both him and the club.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I think he needed a few things:

Longer time to get used to a new team ethos, where no one player is the be all and end all.

Longer to realise that his previous behaviour won't be tolerated

Time to get fit, his leg was fucked and that would take time

To get a better understanding of the league and how it plays

and many many more