The No. 10.

Park Life

Even more now if the rumours are to be believed. Darren Fletcher has retired apparently

Fletcher was never the type to provide a spark though.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would slot straight in at Swansea. Passing the ball backwards and sideways all game long.

HBA not Fletcher obv...

What odds Fletcher to take over as Man U boss when Fergie retires due to Ill health brought on by the stress of realisation that Scholes and Giggs can't go for another season and his legacy dies with them?

What odds Fletcher to take over as Man U boss when Fergie retires due to Ill health brought on by the stress of realisation that Scholes and Giggs can't go for another season and his legacy dies with them?

Fairly small....? :lol:

Allardyce is a shoo in surely? B)

Fairly small....? :lol:

Allardyce is a shoo in surely? B)

:lol: I have drank a lot of Orange juice, but even I don't think Big Sam will leave West Ham until he's properly crippled them

France coach Laurent Blanc has handed Newcastle ace Hatem Ben Arfa a huge boost by declaring he is now again 'callable'.

Ben Arfaspacer.gif is enjoying an excellent end to the season with Newcastle,spacer.gif who are pushing for a top-four finish in the Premier League.

The 25-year-old has eight caps to his name, but has not been called up to the national squad since 2010 when Blanc first took charge.

Injuries and form have meant he has not been considered in the past two years, but he is now firmly back on the Les Bleus radar.

"I haven't just waited for the last few performances to follow Hatem," Blanc told Telefoot.

"We know he is a very talented boy. He has become callable again."

Blanc also took a little dig at Alan Pardew,spacer.gif after he urged the national team manager to call up Ben Arfa.

He said: "His coach (Alan Pardew) is very nice saying Laurent Blancspacer.gif should call him for the Euros, but he hasn't always played him since the start of the season. He waited a lot to play him again."

Blanc also talked about another possible midfielder who will be at his disposal for the Euros, in the shape of Lyon'sspacer.gifYoann Gourcuff.spacer.gif

He added: "Yoann Gourcuff? His season has been chaotic. He has a chance to participate in the Euros as we realise we don't have so many certainties, notably in attack. So that gives him a small opportunity."

Future

Blanc was again quizzed about his future, with his current contract due to expire this summer and an extension to the deal dependent on results.

He reiterated that he could yet agree a move back to club football.

"It is possible I could sign in a big foreign club if that is what was demanded and if the challenge attracts me," he said.

"But I don't forget my very first mission, which is the Euros. I wanted and I still want to go on with French team. But to me, I won't consider the results of Euros."

Papers linking him with Inter and Juve today.

He has been on French TV today saying he doesn't want to leave Newcastle, he loves it here and likes the direction the club is going in. The rumours are bound to start but I believe he will stay.

Excellent stuff, at least he won't think that he needs to move to a 'bigger' club to get his chance.

Only the preliminary so far though, might not make the final squad.

He has been on French TV today saying he doesn't want to leave Newcastle, he loves it here and likes the direction the club is going in. The rumours are bound to start but I believe he will stay.

We know that everyone at the club has a price. I doubt he'd turn down a club like Juve if they matched the Fat Man's asking price.

That said I doubt he'll go anywhere for the time being, he's fast becoming an integral member of the side.

I think we'll keep the core of the side together for at least this next season, after that we'll lose a few. It just needs to be made clear to the likes of Ben Arfa, Krul, Cabaye, Cisse, et al, that if they stay they could be legends for us if they stay.

:lol:

Class

And they'll be shitty paper speculation concerning just about every one of our players during the summer, that's what happens when you do well and aren't rich or super-successful. Just ignore it till something official happens.

Only the preliminary so far though, might not make the final squad.

I get what you're saying, but I doubt Blanc would pick his 12 foreign-based players for his squad, only to tell them they have to go back to where ever they came from.

It is the French though, so you never know.

Monroe has it right, the papers will variously claim Krul, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cisse and Ba will all be leaving this summer. No point paying any heed until there's confirmation of it.

From what I read re. French squad I thought all of these foreign based players were going to be in for sure? Glad Hatem's got a chance but I can see him ripping Gareth Barry apart Ozil style when he's got Terry behind him instead of Kompany and Gerrard/Lampard next to him instead of Yaya