Newcastle v West Brom Wed 21st Kick Off 7.45pm

Christmas Tree

Really looking to bounce back this game and give them a good stuffing and make them pay for having the audacity to snatch a draw at the end of last season.

Cabayes out so it will be interesting to see whether Pardew starts with Vuckic or Abeid. Personally I would like to see Abeid start, particularly if we are going to be relying on him if Tiote goes to Chelsea or the ANC.

Hopefully Williamson will come in for Perch and we stick with Santon.

teamf.png

Edited by Christmas Tree

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had he even made the bench for a league game before Saturday?

No and tbf I think Pardew first made noises about him covering for Tiote before Guthries excellent performances. Does appear however that he has been doing fantastic for the reserves, scoring some belters and is considered quite special.

From his blog on .co.uk

But I felt warmer on Saturday when I was named on the bench for the first time in a Barclays Premier League match, against Swansea. It was a very big moment for me.

But I felt warmer on Saturday when I was named on the bench for the first time in a Barclays Premier League match, against Swansea. It was a very big moment for me.

The manager told me in midweek to be ready if Cheick Tiote had a problem, but Cheick was back so I understood why I did not start. But I was very happy to be on the bench and to see the game, and I learnt from the team because I watched.

Looking on from the sidelines, you realise how hard it is and how quick the game was.

Yohan Cabaye got a yellow card, his fifth of the season, so he will miss the next game against West Brom, so somebody will need to come in for him.

I don't know if it will be me or not, but I'll concentrate hard on my training and on my football and if I'm in the team on Wednesday, that would be fantastic.

But I'll just train the best I can, and that's the most important thing.

Edited by Ant

Really looking to bounce back this game and give them a good stuffing and make them pay for having the audacity to snatch a draw at the end of last season.

Cabayes out so it will be interesting to see whether Pardew starts with Vuckic or Abeid. Personally I would like to see Abeid start, particularly if we are going to be relying on him if Tiote goes to Chelsea or the ANC.

Hopefully Williamson will come in for Perch and we stick with Santon.

teamf.png

Deano with mug shots

You prefer Best to Ben Arfa CT?

Best has a bit in credit with the bank of CT because he was a main stay in the team that got us to third.

Haven't seen anything yet from HBA this season that warrants changing a team that has done so well.

Hope he comes good but I'm not sure we are a good enough team to carry such a player, as sad as I know that sounds.

I think the reality of the situation is that the emphasis is on him to really take his next chance and make himself undroppable in the way I think Santon did at the weekend.

Edited by Christmas Tree

You prefer Best to Ben Arfa CT?

Best has a bit in credit with the bank of CT because he was a main stay in the team that got us to third.

He didn't start against the mackems or Arse...but even of those 9 games or so he did start before our downturn...he's only scored in 2 games.

Poor return. Ben Arfa should start and Shola on the bench. Best is a reserve afaic.

James Nursey @JamesNursey Close

@simonbirdmirror @MsiDouglas told Haris Vuckic set to start tonight & no room for Alan Smith even on bench despite midfield absences. #NUFC

So Vukcic over Ben Arfa in the pecking order then. Disappointing.