Newcastle United - Manchester United 3-0

Aeris

There's definitely potential in a midfield three involving Tiote, Cabaye and Vuckic.

Then you could play Ba up front, with Ben Arfa + a new signing roaming off him. That would actually be a superb formation.

I just don't think our manager has the balls to attempt it.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep totally crazy like!

I think that Vuckic will come on too as I've watched him for a few year and he seems very promising. He seemed very lacking in the centre against West Brom so I wouldn't rely on him defensively just yet - he'll be able to get comfortable in a number of roles eventually but it would be nice for now to see him express his attacking game, he's long shots were superb but his through ball to Demba Ba was an inch off perfect.

I look forward to seeing him develop further. :)

Just not as a CDM...

3 forwards, no wingers or even midfielders on the wing. :lol:

Tbf you can play pretty much any formation you want if your left sided midfield starter (Vuckic) is also a central midfielder and left back cover :lol:

Presumably Krul is expected to get forward at intervals too.

In all honesty I wouldn't even say Vuckic is a winger he doesn't seem to have the pace. At the moment I would say he's only an attacking midfielder, although he's decent at getting balls in the air.

I'd agree. I'd say that's the only function he's shown some capability of at this level (yet...hopefully he will come on in time-I've actually got a decent feeling about the lad). Despite that she's got him starting out of that position, and operating effectively in three positions - central and left midfield with additional defensive duties.

wide midfielders with defensive duties, wing backs with offensive duties is what I meant. johnny 2j catched my drift though.. sorry if my english sounds stupid, but guys are not making it easier by acting like pieces of shit all the fucking time.

Edited by Aeris

Tbf you can play pretty much any formation you want if your left sided midfield starter (Vuckic) is also a central midfielder and left back cover :lol:

In all honesty I wouldn't even say Vuckic is a winger he doesn't seem to have the pace. At the moment I would say he's only an attacking midfielder, although he's decent at getting balls in the air.

I'd agree. I'd say that's the only function he's shown some capability of at this level (yet...hopefully he will come on in time-I've actually got a decent feeling about the lad). Despite that she's got him starting out of that position, and operating effectively in three positions - central and left midfield with additional defensive duties.

wide midfielders with defensive duties, right backs with offensive duties is what I meant. johnny 2j catched my drift, and with best and ben arfa the word i had been looking for was roaming upfront behind ba.

Well we haven't got full backs good enough for that and you can't have half a load of 'roaming' players against the Champions full stop. Best gets slated for being shit when he's 'just' a striker (by you amongst others) but if you think he'd suddenly be better carrying it from midfield too then that's your fantasy and youre welcome to it.

Why not ............

.......................................Krul,

....................Raylor - Willo - Colo - Santoni

.................Gosling - Cabaye - Tiote - Jonas

......................................BenArfa

...........................................Ba

wide midfielders with defensive duties, right backs with offensive duties is what I meant. johnny 2j catched my drift, and with best and ben arfa the word i had been looking for was roaming upfront behind ba.

Well we haven't got full backs good enough for that and you can't have half a load of 'roaming' players against the Champions full stop. Best gets slated for being shit when he's 'just' a striker (by you amongst others) but if you think he'd suddenly be better carrying it from midfield too then that's your fantasy and youre welcome to it.

Btw, I wasn't talking about playing that formation tomorrow. It's certainly something we should be looking at doing going forward IMO. All hinges on getting the right players in of course.

Has Gosling got the pace for the wing?

Not sure, but I'd be less interested in speed if he can get past people, put in good crosses, and provide better service than Obertan does.

Has Gosling got the pace for the wing?

Not sure, but I'd be less interested in speed if he can get past people, put in good crosses, and provide better service than Obertan does.

That's not his game. He'd offer us some movement in the final third, which is something Cabaye could exploit, but don't expect him to get past people or put in good crosses.

I'd have sammy on ahead of gosling

I'm not that impressed with Sammy, he's short on experience, lots of effort, all legs like a new-born colt, and hasn't shown much in end results of his hard work. Better coming off the bench IMO.

I understand the fact that manchester united äre the reigning champions, we dont need 5 people stating it on every page ffs :lol:

You make it out as if we lose 10-0 if we - god forbid - come out with guns blazing in an offensive formation. Lets just park the bus then, and disregard the fact that they just got beaten by the worst team in the league - at Old trafford.

Keegan days are over - I get that. Still.

Fucking dream a little.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Manchester united might well be the worst matchup possible for us. They are all about their wingers, so we are we - except our wingers and fullbacks ( fielded anyway) happen to be wank.

Ah well, red carpet rolled out for the harlem globetrotters - "Big game Alan" going for a point at home.

you are just incapable of understanding the complexity of this formation :P now please delete my account because you are all a band of fuckwits.

Do it Tom, do it

Was interesting to read what Ben Arfa has come out with today, about us playing direct which is hard for him because he likes to play a passing game. We started the season well because we didn't play direct (as we used to, ie hoof from back to front). I think we've struggled a little because we aren't getting the ball on the deck. Cabaye is an amazing craftsman in the middle of the park, spots passes a mile off. As soon as we stopped playing on the deck, we started to drop points imo.

Does anyone else think our style of play has shifted slightly from beginning of season?

I'd like to see us tonight attack from the deck. Start Ben Arfa behind Ba and play the ball on the deck. Use the wide men and get the full backs involved. Also get Cabaye in the middle linking up with Arfa with quick short passes. Ba doesn't need the hoof, he needs supply to feet. We've seen him turn a defender and score, so why change it?

I'd like to see a 4-3-3 tonight:

Krul

Simpson - Colo - Willo - Santon

Tiote - Cabaye - Raylor/Vuckic

Jonas - Ba - Ben Arfa

Obertan would be a good impact player from bench around 65-70 mins when legs are starting to go, and have him run at full backs.

I'd like to think we'd get something if tactics are right. If they're the same 4-2-2 with Best and Ba, I think 3-0 to Manure.