Leagues top two scorers muslims?

harrynufc

Leagues top two scorers both muslims. Now thats a headline you wont see in the papers.

We all know about ba but not so long ago it was said that van persie had converted. I know he has a muslim wife who came out and said his religion can impact on his support so he has to be careful. Which points towards him being an undercover muslim.

Also anyone else notice Ba's celebration. He prostrates, with his knees and head touching the floor. Quite a common celebration amongst muslim sportsmen, especially in cricket. Any other decent muslim players?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is going to sound dickish, but I'm not sure what relevance a player's religion is to anything.

Not meaning to sound a twat

Also anyone else notice Ba's celebration. He prostrates, with his knees and head touching the floor. Quite a common celebration amongst muslim sportsmen, especially in cricket. Any other decent muslim players?

Yeh that and him observing Ramadan for the first month of the season are dead giveaways.

I know this is going to sound dickish, but I'm not sure what relevance a player's religion is to anything.

Not meaning to sound a twat

This basically.

Do we see "Rugbys top try scorer an atheist"

or

"Darts Chamipion a Catholic?"

Errrr no.

Leagues top two scorers both muslims. Now thats a headline you wont see in the papers.

We all know about ba but not so long ago it was said that van persie had converted. I know he has a muslim wife who came out and said his religion can impact on his support so he has to be careful. Which points towards him being an undercover muslim.

http://ryankett.hubpages.com/hub/Muslim-Football-Players

He's not a muslim at all van Persie why are you saying that? His wife was Moroccan descent, was brought up a muslim, but she couldn't give a fuck about it. To the muslim letter of the law to marry a muslim you must be muslim, but van Persie said fuck that and his wife can't be arsed with all that kneeling pish now. A quick google would tell you that.

Sorry i should have clarified, only reason im asking is because there seems to be a few muslim players in the premier league but ba seems to be the only one fasting, or atleast he's the only one that has come out in the media. Surely you'd think that there must be something in contract that says he has to be physically inc nutritionally taking responsibility in order to get his 40k or whatever it is. Imagine he wanted to fast every game day and wasnt performing.

Sorry i should have clarified, only reason im asking is because there seems to be a few muslim players in the premier league but ba seems to be the only one fasting, or atleast he's the only one that has come out in the media. Surely you'd think that there must be something in contract that says he has to be physically inc nutritionally taking responsibility in order to get his 40k or whatever it is. Imagine he wanted to fast every game day and wasnt performing.

Old article but could be of interest to you:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/fasting-and-football-how-do-topflight-muslims-cope-2342187.html

Why would he want to fast every game day? He was fasting for that period to follow his religious beliefs, I know people who do it and its not pleasurable for them

Imagine he wanted to fast every game day and wasnt performing.

Then he wouldn't be a professional(ly employed) footballer. Next!

Obviously that was an exaggeration but you do realise ramadhan aint the only time when they fast throughout the yr.

My point is this, if someones religious beliefs are going to affect their work performance to a point where the company is losing thousands, surely youd think there would be some sort of clause in his contract, giving him non paid leave or something. Without being discriminatory.

il have a read me that article thanks.

Edited by harrynufc

Obviously that was an exaggeration but you do realise ramadhan aint the only time when they fast throughout the yr.

My point is this, if someones religious beliefs are going to affect their work performance to a point where the company is losing thousands, surely youd think there would be some sort of clause in his contract, giving him non paid leave or something. Without being discriminatory.

Ronnie Rosenthal would never play against Bolton for Kosher reasons :)

Edited by Monkeys Fist

You take the highs and lows with every footballer. This one's a known alkie, this one gets a yellow card every time he plays, this one's genius but disrupts the dressing room, this one has Tourette's, whatever. Ba's understandably shaky form during Ramadan has been forgotten in light of his performance since - I don't really see the point in making a big deal of it now. :dunno:

Guest CabayeAye

How are the Roman Catholics getting on or aren't they a special case? ;)

They currently play in the SPL in green and white. Are they allowed mascots under 16 BTW?