Would you swap Demba Ba for Andy Carroll?

loonyTOON

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes finds another excuse to moan, without looking at the thread I will take a guess that he hasn't positively commented on the Cisse signing? Or if he has it will end in a negative. Boring old man.

Leazes finds another excuse to moan, without looking at the thread I will take a guess that he hasn't positively commented on the Cisse signing? Or if he has it will end in a negative. Boring old man.

Here comes the voice of the Newcastle Online experts.

Shame I didn't moan when we were playing in the champions League, and insist the club was badly run etc, like most of the fools on your message board.

Shame I didn't moan when we were playing in the champions League, and insist the club was badly run etc, like most of the fools on your message board.

But you did moan :)

You took to the Internet and slagged them all off as bottlers.

Not my board, I and many others didn't moan, not like you make out anyway.

Pretty sure you have paranoid schizophrenia, not taking the piss, look up the symptoms and see if you think it applies to you..

* Condescension

- sometimes the patient may seem patronizing; perhaps they may feel they know stuff other people don't and subsequently assume such a manner.

Delusions

-

The patient may firmly believe something, even though there is incontrovertible evidence that it is false

* Increased consumption of drugs (including illegal ones) and alcohol

* A preoccupation (obsession) with at least one delusion.

* The individual may also have delusions of personal grandeur - a false belief that they are much greater and more powerful and influential than they really are.

* An individual with paranoid schizophrenia may spend an extraordinary amount of time thinking about ways to protect themselves from their persecutors.

the new lad offers a hell of a lot that carroll doesn't. mobility, technique and confidence. we sold a 8m player for 35 mil. thats fucking good business.

good business for Mike Ashley. Where is the other 27m quid ?

barely covered the losses on wages to Owen, Martins, Viduka and duff the year they got us relegated. ;)

and 3 of those players moved on to clubs that played in europe too............while we were relegated. "Good business", obviously.

Not the best three players to say that about.

Owen is doing fuck all at Man U.

Martins is unwanted wherever he goes. His season at Wolfsburg saw him hardly played, while the club flirted with relegation. He's now in the middle of Siberia and not getting any games.

Viduka never moved to any other football club. He living it LARGE in Melbourne. Good weather and coffee there, though.

Not my board, I and many others didn't moan, not like you make out anyway.

Pretty sure you have paranoid schizophrenia, not taking the piss, look up the symptoms and see if you think it applies to you..

* Condescension

- sometimes the patient may seem patronizing; perhaps they may feel they know stuff other people don't and subsequently assume such a manner.

Delusions

-

The patient may firmly believe something, even though there is incontrovertible evidence that it is false

* Increased consumption of drugs (including illegal ones) and alcohol

* A preoccupation (obsession) with at least one delusion.

* The individual may also have delusions of personal grandeur - a false belief that they are much greater and more powerful and influential than they really are.

* An individual with paranoid schizophrenia may spend an extraordinary amount of time thinking about ways to protect themselves from their persecutors.

oh dear. Gayjon making unfounded accusations, personal too, I hope Fish the self appointed policeman is going to pick him up for that. Bet he doesn't.

What a shame that he and others actually think there is something wrong with having a drink [which I haven't and didn't at the time], what world do they live in, are they watching too many Australian soaps where drinking half of lager portrays you as an alcholic. What a bunch of tarts.

His comments regarding NO are bollocks too, they have even more Ashley apologists than here.

the new lad offers a hell of a lot that carroll doesn't. mobility, technique and confidence. we sold a 8m player for 35 mil. thats fucking good business.

barely covered the losses on wages to Owen, Martins, Viduka and duff the year they got us relegated. ;)

and 3 of those players moved on to clubs that played in europe too............while we were relegated. "Good business", obviously.

Martins is unwanted wherever he goes. His season at Wolfsburg saw him hardly played, while the club flirted with relegation. He's now in the middle of Siberia and not getting any games.

Viduka never moved to any other football club. He living it LARGE in Melbourne. Good weather and coffee there, though.

Lets hope this new player is better than Martins. Ironic, because at the time, the vast majority thought he was the dogs bollocks, and when I said he wasn't, I inflamed the majority opinion to oppose my views. Again. Whats new. I think people are so obsessed with me, they just disagree with anything I say for the sake of it.

Incidentally, as well as Martins, who also cost 9m quid at the time, the hysteria about this new signing reminds me of the hysteria that surrounded the signing of Boumsong, highly ironic again as JSM has named him as a waste of money. If only we all had such hindsight. He and others should think about this, they are setting themselves up for a big fall. What i say about the club is correct, and in time will become ever more obvious, its quite amazing that some people haven't realised the truth yet.

Edited by LeazesMag

barely covered the losses on wages to Owen, Martins, Viduka and duff the year they got us relegated.

Lets hope this new player is better than Martins. Ironic, because at the time, the vast majority thought he was the dogs bollocks, and when I said he wasn't, I inflamed the majority opinion to oppose my views. Again. Whats new. I think people are so obsessed with me, they just disagree with anything I say for the sake of it.

Incidentally, as well as Martins, who also cost 9m quid at the time, the hysteria about this new signing reminds me of the hysteria that surrounded the signing of Boumsong, highly ironic again as JSM has named him as a waste of money. If only we all had such hindsight. He and others should think about this, they are setting themselves up for a big fall. What i say about the club is correct, and in time will become ever more obvious, its quite amazing that some people haven't realised the truth yet.

I thought Martins was shit as well, and was very vocal about it. However, I don't think that people only said he wasn't shit because they were obsessed with me and just wanted to disagree with me for the sake of it. D you see how my take on the matter is a lot healthier than your frankly insane claims?

Seriously, you need to take a break from this place.

barely covered the losses on wages to Owen, Martins, Viduka and duff the year they got us relegated.

I thought Martins was shit as well, and was very vocal about it. However, I don't think that people only said he wasn't shit because they were obsessed with me and just wanted to disagree with me for the sake of it. D you see how my take on the matter is a lot healthier than your frankly insane claims?

Seriously, you need to take a break from this place.

omg Gem, people just disagree with anything I say because its me. The hysteria about this signing is the same as that of Boumsong and Martins. Why do people do this ? The ones doing it are notable. We all like to see the club sign players, but the ultimate is if they are up to it and are good players for the club. Most of us realise this, so why are they all pissing their pants in excitement, especially when the bigger picture is that Mike Ashley has still pocketed the vast majority of this money for Carroll. I stand by what I say, he's got to back his managers 100% in the way a big progressive club ought to do, unless of course you [not you] think NUFC aren't a big progressive club, and I have to say it appears there are people who do not think this.

I know only too well how fruitless it is to get into anything approaching a proper discussion with you, so I'm not going down that route.

If we sign the best that's available to us, and it costs us less than 35m to do so, then that amounts to both backing the manager AND being progressive. That is just common sense. Your insistence that it adds up to exactly 35 is ludicrous.

Like it or not, there is significant evidence that this club is moving in the right direction. And I can't think why, as a paying season ticket holder, you wouldn't like it.

I know only too well how fruitless it is to get into anything approaching a proper discussion with you, so I'm not going down that route.

If we sign the best that's available to us, and it costs us less than 35m to do so, then that amounts to both backing the manager AND being progressive. That is just common sense. Your insistence that it adds up to exactly 35 is ludicrous.

Like it or not, there is significant evidence that this club is moving in the right direction. And I can't think why, as a paying season ticket holder, you wouldn't like it.

who said I didn't like it ? I just think there is a lot more to be demanded. Expecting the club to back their managers, especially with the entire money from sales, is a complete no brainer, why on earth would you want the cash to be pocketed and not handed to the manager as a supporter of the club ?

You could do a lot with 27m quid, isn't that supposed to be the reason Carroll was sold ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Ugh, this is so pointless.

its quite straightforward tbh. You're not one of the stupid ones, I don't see how you can't see it. Why do you think 27m quid should be pocketed and the club should stand still rather than attempt to keep moving forward ? That is what we are talking about here, aren't we ?

I'll stick in the obvious caveat 'at this juncture', given we're only half-way through January, but I'm more than happy with the transfer dealings of the club post-Carroll. We've progressed massively as a team since he left. Even letting Barton go for free seems like decent decision now. I wasn't arsed about Nolan going and he certainly isn't worth the deal West Ham gave him. We're short in a few areas (left-back / centre-half especially) of course.

I'll stick in the obvious caveat 'at this juncture', given we're only half-way through January, but I'm more than happy with the transfer dealings of the club post-Carroll. We've progressed massively as a team since he left. Even letting Barton go for free seems like decent decision now. I wasn't arsed about Nolan going and he certainly isn't worth the deal West Ham gave him. We're short in a few areas (left-back / centre-half especially) of course.

but why are people, who are supposed to support the club, happy with 27m quid of what ought to be the managers transfer money, disappearing ?

Isn't this hindering progress ?

but why are people, who are supposed to support the club, happy with 27m quid of what ought to be the managers transfer money, disappearing ?

Isn't this hindering progress ?

It hasn't disappeared. Chez's explained this to you far more eloquently than I could on several occasions. That's not a defence of the owner per se but it's the reality of the situation as I see it.