The Day The Promises Had To Stop

LeazesMag

so you have no idea of the context of that phrase you use in your sig ?

What a joke.

:lol: That's a fair point like.

it absolutely is. No wonder he hasn't replied.

When I come across it, I may expand on it and explain as he can't.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leazes' formula for success isn't complicated tbf.

14th biggest revenue in football + continued borrowing from banks + manager who isn't Dalglish/Gullit/Souness/Roeder = success.

a few Liverpool and Blackburn supporters will argue with your stupid comments about Dalglish. When will we ever again attract a manager who had won titles with 2 other English clubs ? And Chelsea will also argue about the merits of Gullit, who was regarded as the bright young manager that left a team having won the FA Cup, and stood 3rd in the premiership and the 2nd stage of the Champions League.

You utter, utter, fuckwit.

:lol:

I like the fact that you take issue with the selection of managers rather than the bigger problem of relying on unsustainable borrowing from banks.

I don't give a fuck what you like and don't like, you utter tosspot.

Me too, have never read it (nor any other football book for that matter)

I'm going for 'sarcasm'.

I reckon its the truth,

but maybe Fish can pick him up for being a liar then ?

so you have no idea of the context of that phrase you use in your sig ?

What a joke.

I hadn't replied (until now) because I was at Heathrow on ye olde ipad and making sure I got on the tin can fast. Apologies for not logging on immediately I got home, after a week away, to answer.

Fair point my arse. The "context" of the statement is irrelevant, that said I find it hard to see what conceivable context could turn the words into something other than they say.

The statement in my signature encapsulates my opinion perfectly, that is all.

I do look forward to seeing your spin though.

Maybe " By the time the business was sold , it was in financial chaos. Financially, it was in a worse state in 2007 than it had been in 1990 when SJH acquired it, but it had become the fifth best pile of financial shite as opposed to the 20th best pile of financial shite as it was in 1990”

Me too, have never read it (nor any other football book for that matter)

I'm going for 'sarcasm'.

I reckon its the truth,

but maybe Fish can pick him up for being a liar then ?

It is the truth, you are RIGHT.

Tried Clough's autobiography, made it maybe a third of the way, was shite and gave up. I think the only sporting book I've ever finished was Graham Yallop's on the 78/79 Ashes series, got it at a jumble sale if I recall.

"Some might say By the time the business was sold , it was in financial chaos. Financially, it was in a worse state in 2007 than it had been in 1990 when SJH acquirted it. I for one, am not one of those people."

"By the time the business was sold , it was in financial chaos. Financially, it was in a worse state in 2007 than it had been in 1990 when SJH acquirted it. But then, in 17 years football finance on the whole had gone mad, having bigger debts in 2007 than in 1990 is true of just about every club in the league, and NUFC were one of the few to make something of that increased expenditure."

Must be one of those two, right?

Farahs.

Mo Farah? Dorty Islam.

Seriously though, I'm adding my support to the campaign for Leazes to write a book about NUFC. It'd save time on the forums too - no more 10-paragraph posts, just "Please refer to page 372".

I hadn't replied (until now) because I was at Heathrow on ye olde ipad and making sure I got on the tin can fast. Apologies for not logging on immediately I got home, after a week away, to answer.

Fair point my arse. The "context" of the statement is irrelevant, that said I find it hard to see what conceivable context could turn the words into something other than they say.

The statement in my signature encapsulates my opinion perfectly, that is all.

I do look forward to seeing your spin though.

Maybe " By the time the business was sold , it was in financial chaos. Financially, it was in a worse state in 2007 than it had been in 1990 when SJH acquired it, but it had become the fifth best pile of financial shite as opposed to the 20th best pile of financial shite as it was in 1990”

but you haven't read the book, and have no idea of what surrounds the clip you have made, right ?

You know nowt about the club, and you're not even prepared to read about it.

There is little hope for you.

but you haven't read the book, and have no idea of what surrounds the clip you have made, right ?

You know nowt about the club, and you're not even prepared to read about it.

There is little hope for you.

Irrelevant!, that statement, "quotation", eloquently conveys my opinion on the matter, no more no less. The statement as of and in itself is what I believe.

What surrounds the wider opinion of Mr Cassidy is of no consequence in respect to my opinion.

BTW I do read about the club, well the aspects which interest me from time to time, just not in books, plenty of sources of information these days. The club is in inestimably better hands today than it was previously, could be MUCH better, I accept. To be honest, what the fuck else do I need to know, NUFC plays football matches which either make me feel elated or pissed off, my only interest is that the balance between the former and the latter is towards the former. I have been feeling "up or down" courtesy of NUFC since the mid 60's my interest is only that it continues to be "the best it can be". Couldn't really give a fuck otherwise.

P.S. Books can be missleading, you say SJH knew nowt about KK's first appointment, KK himself in his book states SJH rang him and "sold him the dream" (I haven't read that book either, but saw the quotation).

Aye but it makes you look fucking stupid when you didn't realise the context in which the statement was made tbh. Especially when you explicitly refer to the author of said comment next to it. :lol:

Aye but it makes you look fucking stupid when you didn't realise the context in which the statement was made tbh. Especially when you explicitly refer to the author of said comment next to it. :lol:

The statement in itself is what I believe. Cassidy's words, in that statement, portray my belief. That's it, as far as I am concerned.

The statement in itself is what I believe. Cassidy's words, in that statement, portray my belief. That's it, as far as I am concerned.

Aye, as you've said. It doesn't make you look any less stupid though. Just so you know.