The Day The Promises Had To Stop

LeazesMag

leazes just because you dont agree with something doesnt mean its incorrect

fuck me gently

It isn't that I "disagree", it's the feeling I'm getting that some things are being "manufactured" [for want of a better word]. What was the concern about the erratic results. What erratic results ? We were beating most teams, and beating them well ?

We pissed that league that year.

Why does he way Ardiles bought young players "shrewdly", when he didn't. Apart from the signing of David kelly, there was nothing "shrewd" about Ardiles, he was a disaster, absolutely abysmal, and I wrote articles at the time saying so, when everybody was harping on about "Ossies babes".

Ossie's fucking babes !!!!!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The book's a pack of lies. There's an apostrophe missing on page 143!!! How can I take it seriously.

:D

who can take your sig seriously :icon_lol: Are you going to answer me ?

I wrote articles at the time saying so, when everybody was harping on about "Ossies babes".

:lol:

Leazes through the ages.

I wrote parchments at the time saying so, when everybody else was blah blah blah.

I etched stone tablets at the time saying so, when everybody else blah blah.

I made cave paintings at the time saying so...

I wrote articles at the time saying so, when everybody was harping on about "Ossies babes".

Leazes through the ages.

I wrote parchments at the time saying so, when everybody else was blah blah blah.

I etched stone tablets at the time saying so, when everybody else blah blah.

I made cave paintings at the time saying so...

nowt constructive to add Gem ?

Is it because your knowledge is lacking........

Edge of me seat here like.

Is he honestly doing it chapter by chapter like as those quotes suggest? The fucking daft jumped up arsehole that he is! As if we can't wait for a final summary, if he absolutely must insist on giving one at all. :icon_lol:

Edge of me seat here like.

Is he honestly doing it chapter by chapter like as those quotes suggest? The fucking daft jumped up arsehole that he is! As if we can't wait for a final summary, if he absolutely must insist on giving one at all. :icon_lol:

I'll give a final summary, I just thought of some things that I thought were worthy of comment in the early chapters.

I don't expect you to have anything worthwhile to add or say though, so your input so far has been no surprise at all.

Maybe one or two people would like a summary by chapter, I don't mind either way, I'm sure if they do they can speak for themselves, you jumped up little prick/arsehole.

Anyway, I'm off for the night now. Spend some time learning about the club while I'm away.

Ignore the haters Leazes, keep it coming.

Seconded.

This is brilliant.

How many chapters are there though, need to pace yourself old boy.…

… Chapter 21

By this point, the relationship between Shepherd and Sir John wa…BAAAM.

Leazes head hits the keyboard, fingers weeping blood on his Farahs.

thats a great idea, LM why don't you write a book about NUFC through the ages

Go for it man!

I'm sure we could help you with a title.

" I'm Right, And I Always Was"

All piss taking aside though, why not give it a crack Leazes?

What's all this 'he correctly states' shite?

it means what it says. He may have been in on the inside for a few years, but I'm confident enough that I've seen more of NUFC over the past 40+ years than Mr Cassidy.

What an horrendous review!

just because I don't kiss the arse of the anti-Halls and Shepherd brigade............simple fact for those, including long term supporters who ought to know better, is that if not for them, we would have nothing like the club we have today.

I'll continue reading the book, and say where it is correct, and say where it isn't or contains any bitter comments, as he was eventually forced/kicked off/resigned from the board. These things happen in all walks of life.

I was only half joking. If he could formulate and develop his ideas about football club management and his opinions on it, without resorting to trying to prove himself right, it could be an interesting read.

see mate, this is what I say now and again. People say these things, and I make posts about anything concerning the 60's, 70's or 80's. It could be about players, away game experiences, transfer dealings, certain matches and memories, anything, and I say it how it is/was/how I found it and people say it is interesting. But when I say anything about the politics of the club, people have a blind spot about the Halls and Shepherd. Their "opinions" are pre-ordained, and I'm sorry but I say everything from the same context etc.....there isn't really anything I can do about this if they are going to dismiss anything I say about this particular topic, so it isn't really my problem, it's theirs if they don't want to listen.

Not one person has EVER came out and proved what I say about them is actually wrong, only that they disagree or "they messed it up in the end", which while I have always said the last few years were a stumble it certainly doesn't mean they had completely lost their way, the methods they employed still stood, still do and always will. Whether they would have re-grouped and came back like they did after the first 2 years of Bobby Robson nobody knows but they would have had a go, that is certain. And in my opinion, we would never have been relegated and they would without any doubt whatsover have had a much better crack at staying up when things started looking bad.

If someone can come along and say we didn't qualify for europe and the Champions League all those years, expand the ground, gain the highest league positions in over 50 years - the 5th highest average blah blah ..... then by all means prove it and show it, but if they can't they are wasting their breath.

I don't know about writing a book about the toon, like Billy Furious did ? I used to write articles for The Mag, but whether I have the time or inclination to do that, I don't know. Maybe when I am fully retired in a few years time.