Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Christmas Tree

So that was our best team that started eh?

Well even though we were 2 up at an early stage we didn't look like a good enough team to beat a bottom three team. We couldn't hold the ball as well as they did, they looked more dangerous than we did, and Krul was busier than their keeper was.

When Wolves scored their first goal in the 2nd half it became a nail-biting situation, and when they got their second it became a "we're gonna fucking lose this one" drama.

Guthrie's entry should settle the argument if he's better than Cabaye.

Wolves weren't lucky to get a point, we were!!

I think we should forget all about Europe after that dismal display.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another point to note is that our defensive solidity has more or less disappeared now. We don't look particularly strong at either full back position and Williamson is struggling. Jarvis had a lot of success against Simpson today. Simmo's a nice bloke but I think we should tell him to shag off wit hthis contract business and get someone else in.

So that was our best team that started eh?

Well even though we were 2 up at an early stage we didn't look like a good enough team to beat a bottom three team. We couldn't hold the ball as well as they did, they looked more dangerous than we did, and Krul was busier than their keeper was.

When Wolves scored their first goal in the 2nd half it became a nail-biting situation, and when they got their second it became a "we're gonna fucking lose this one" drama.

Guthrie's entry should settle the argument if he's better than Cabaye.

Wolves weren't lucky to get a point, we were!!

I think we should forget all about Europe after that dismal display.

I can't understand why we sit so deep at home and play these meandering balls over the top? Our CM pairing is easily good enough to step up 10 yards and make contact with the forwards.

I hope this puts to bed talk of Europe. Fact is that we aren't good enough yet.

A lot of frailties, lack of depth and ultimately a lack of motivation and application against seemingly lesser opponents. A lot to take from this match, but sadly it's not a one off, or a new lesson.

I don't think anything has gone to Pardew's head. He looked confused and disappointed in the second half; he knew we could not break them down. The look on his face said, "Oh no. This is terrible. What can I do to change this? Nothing. We're getting absolutely raped." Hopefully he can show his ability by beating oganising the team to beat the Mackems.

not the end of the world nor the end of a european push ffs, dissappointing yes next game please

obviously not end of world. Though I think all talk about Europe has gotten in the way of taking-one-game-at-a-time approach that served us so well at start of the season. We aren't good enough for Europe yet. Its not an awful, pessimistic statement - in the larger context we are doing extremely well for a club who were promoted two seasons ago.

Questions on Pardoo's strategy.

(1) Why did he start Raylor who was coming off an injury instead of Guthrie who had been playing well?

(2) Why didn't he put BenArfa on earlier?

(3) Why did he take Cisse off?

(4) Why did he take Tiote off?

(5) Why did he put Stroller on?

I don't blame the players I blame Pardews tactics. He is obsessed with defence so much so we've two defensive midfielders on the pitch and our defensive line is very deep, we just hand the opposition the chance to break us down. Our strength is attack, and Pardew needs to start unshackling players such as Ben Arfa and let him cause mayhem. It beggars belief we are wasting such a talent, he's the type of player we are crying out for, someone who can add some creativity. In the middle of the park presently we have none. Play him just behind Ba and Cisse, have Cabaye and Tiote sitting behind and Santon and Simpson flying up the wings. We need to start getting at teams, we are not defensively strong enough to sit back and hit teams on the break.

I don't blame the players I blame Pardews tactics. He is obsessed with defence so much so we've two defensive midfielders on the pitch and our defensive line is very deep, we just hand the opposition the chance to break us down. Our strength is attack, and Pardew needs to start unshackling players such as Ben Arfa and let him cause mayhem. It beggars belief we are wasting such a talent, he's the type of player we are crying out for, someone who can add some creativity. In the middle of the park presently we have none. Play him just behind Ba and Cisse, have Cabaye and Tiote sitting behind and Santon and Simpson flying up the wings. We need to start getting at teams, we are not defensively strong enough to sit back and hit teams on the break.

I include that in the collective 'we' of we are not good enough for Europe.

Ben Arfa needs a free role

Edited by ADP

I include that in the collective 'we' of we are not good enough for Europe.

Ben Arfa needs a free role

He'll get a free role, to liverpool in the summer when the yanks get pissed off with suarez's misdemeanour's

Guest CabayeAye

Absolute shambles. Trying to shut up shop at half time. Pardew is abysmal. Get the cunt sacked.

You are a true idiot it has to be said.

Oh, I'm sorry, let me try again.

Great performance, brilliant result, Pardew's tactics were spot on, especially with a weakened team.

Or not, you utter fuckbag. Have you ever posted anything that isn't cuntbubble?

Questions on Pardoo's strategy.

(1) Why did he start Raylor who was coming off an injury instead of Guthrie who had been playing well?

(2) Why didn't he put BenArfa on earlier?

(3) Why did he take Cisse off?

(4) Why did he take Tiote off?

(5) Why did he put Stroller on?

1. Guthrie isn't a wnger.

2. Don't think he left it too late.

3. To change the formation to 451 I presume.

4. Tired after ACoN? Conflicts with the above though, as he was replaced by...

5. ... Shola, so we ended up going back to 442 anyway.

I assumed once we went to a 5 man midfield - temporarily - it'd stop them having so much possession and allow us to play it along the ground. But we never did that, far too many aimless balls into the box. Cabaye was anonymous, Guthrie appalling, Jonas lacked concentration, Ben Arfa lacked concentration, Taylor wasn't at his best etc.

We went 451 at a free kick when we were 2-1 up. 30 seconds later we were drawing and needed to find a winner with one striker on the pitch. Poor tactics by Pardew. Guthrie was horrendous and Ben Arfa finally put the messiah claims to rest, he was shite. Front 2 worked hard and Tiote was our best player by a mile. Jonas spends more time at left back than Santon as well. Truly gutted.

Absolute shambles. Trying to shut up shop at half time. Pardew is abysmal. Get the cunt sacked.

You are a true idiot it has to be said.

Oh, I'm sorry, let me try again.

Great performance, brilliant result, Pardew's tactics were spot on, especially with a weakened team.

Or not, you utter fuckbag. Have you ever posted anything that isn't cuntbubble?

Hahaha. Retard. Hows your knee feeling after that enormous jerk? Good to see so many of your peers agreeing with you as well.

From my little seat in the Leazes I thought it was the same old problem, ie a total lack of creativity from midfield or on the wings.

Great goal from Jonas but my god does that bloke fanny on down the wing at times. Nothing on the other wing either.

For me the wings are our biggest problem and the two lads is the middle are simply relying on scraps or Danny Simpson wellies into the box.

They were shit so it tells you how shit we were. We just didnt look like we could be arsed, particularly second half.

I thought the game was crying out for Obertans pace down the right and once again hoped for good stuff as Ben Arfa arrived. He tried and nearly made in roads but didnt half give the ball away a lot.

I cant really see much hope for this team until we get good wingers and some creativity in the middle. Unfortunately by then I fear other key positions will have moved on.

A bit depressed tonight and not looking forward to the Derby just yet. :(

Edit: Also thought Tiote was sheer class.

Edited by Christmas Tree