NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not? I like Jonas and he does a good job in CM but i'd rather have a quality CM in there. Anita, Tiote and Cabaye would be awesome.

We don't know if Anita is anygood yet or whether he is even being bought as DM or a LB, We don't know if we will even sign him yet either.

Like many on here, I haven't seen anita play but I was under the impression, from the media, that he's a holding player rather than a box to box midfielder. Similar to Tiote. Neither could be described as goal scoring midfielders. Unless Pardew has some vision that I don't believe he's capable of, then I'd be surprised if he could give Anita an assurance that he will play in midfield. Two defensive midfield players and a couple of average-at-best fullbacks won't make much of an attacking team at home. Might work away, but surely he can't assure him he'll play at the expense of Tiote at home.

He scores a few goals and runs onto things. Bit different to Tiote.

A post I read on an Ajax forum was almost taking the piss out of our style of play (totally oblivious to how we actually played last season) and Tiote. They suggested that Anita was much more of a ball player and wouldn't fit in as a destroyer like Tiote.

If that's true then he sounds more of a deep lying player like Carrick or Barry and in which case I can see him fitting in quite well alongside Tiote and Cabaye. It would be a strong midfield which would be a particular asset in away games or games against the top teams but also one more than capable of moving the ball about and creating.

I think if he was coming we'd have heard by now. Champions league football and more money are likely on offer somewhere else.

According to .com he's over here now.

so anyone know much abotu this lad then? what sort of player is he? highly rated? £6m is a significant fee for us to pay out so pardew and carr must fancy him.

is he likely to play in midfield in the main or have we brought him instead of debucy?

so anyone know much abotu this lad then? what sort of player is he? highly rated? £6m is a significant fee for us to pay out so pardew and carr must fancy him.

is he likely to play in midfield in the main or have we brought him instead of debucy?

By all accounts he plays quite deep in midfield but he's really good in possession too. So he's more your Busquets type rather than your Tiote type. Certainly excited about this signing as having somebody in midfield of this ilk should help us in those games like the Fulham and Wigan were we ended up taking a pasting as we got done on the counter far too many times.

Adding Anita, a bit of quality that challenges the first squad, is certainly what was missing from the window so far. Also to give assurances we weren't only going for cheap players/gambles.

Still would like to see one more of a similar quality. Forward or full back.

Given a choice, I actually think I'd go for a full back but hope we'd add a forward in Jan.

so anyone know much abotu this lad then? what sort of player is he? highly rated? 6m is a significant fee for us to pay out so pardew and carr must fancy him.

Jonas replacement (don't shoot the messenger) ;)

It makes sense although due to his versatility I can still see Jonas playing his fair share of games this season.

But CT can't. No offence Jonny, I think we all know who to believe here.

can't see us selling jonas, one of our most consistent performers of last few seasons. it might mean that he has to fight for his place though, which can only be a good thing. strength in depth is something we haven't had recently. we were lucky that none of our big guns were injured last season.

I hope not. I like Jonas in the midfield. He can go box to box and help control the game from there. Much more economical there than on the wing, IMO. Especially if we're going to go with Ba, Cisse and Ben Arfa up front.

Bring on a CB, RB, and a CF!