NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Carroll: Newcastle bid 'a liberty' - Brendan Rodgers

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has accused Newcastle of taking "a liberty" in their pursuit of Andy Carroll.

Newcastle approached Liverpool in July, offering to take Carroll on a season-long loan deal, with a fixed £12m fee for a permanent transfer next summer.

However, Rodgers said he would have to be a "nutcase" to allow the England striker to leave the club with only nine days of the transfer window left.

"To even consider wanting to take him on loan is a liberty," Rodgers said.

Speaking ahead of Thursday's Europa League play-off, first leg match against Heart of Midlothian at Tynecastle, Rodgers added that having bought the 23-year-old for a club-record £35m only 18 months ago, Liverpool were extremely reluctant to sell him back to Newcastle in a cut-price deal.

"Absolutely no chance - and certainly not Newcastle," Rodgers added. "Newcastle got £35m for this player last year.

"I need a minimum of three strikers. Once the window shuts, that is it until January. I have got Luis Suarez, Fabio Borini and Andy Carroll. I would need to be a nutcase to even consider at this moment to let Andy Carroll go."

Carroll is struggling to be fit for the match after picking up a slight hamstring strain but Rodgers is keen for his striker to start if fit, regardless of the speculation surrounding his future.

Liverpool have rested Suarez, Steven Gerrard, Martin Skrtel and Glen Johnson for the trip to Scotland - with Sunday's Premier League match against Manchester City at Anfield in mind. "I have to protect some of my players," he said.

"We have a massive game at the weekend. But I trust my players and trust the squad and I have no problems with changing the side around."

Rodgers was equally adamant that he does not want to lose defender Daniel Agger, although City's pursuit of the Denmark captain is cooling.

"I have never thought that I was going to lose Daniel," Rodgers added.

"He is fantastic in how he plays and how he functions. Secondly, he doesn't want to go. I wouldn't see us losing Daniel."

It's a fahkin' libuh'ee! :lol:

Their stubbornness and basically being in the huff is going to fuck them over.

It'll fuck him over too, and for all I don't think any party came out of this whole drama covered in glory, I kind of feel sorry for the lad. I mean, sure he's on a stack of money and he's still going out on the piss and all that, but it's never nice being publicly embarrassed like this.

It'll fuck him over too, and for all I don't think any party came out of this whole drama covered in glory, I kind of feel sorry for the lad. I mean, sure he's on a stack of money and he's still going out on the piss and all that, but it's never nice being publicly embarrassed like this.

Aye it can't be doing his confidence any good.

selling that cunt was the best bit of business the club has done in along time, why we would want him back I don't know? he's not good enough to be in the starting 11 and you just know he'd come back all billy big balls and not be happy being a bench warmer

he has the same professional attitude of ranger IMO

From RAWK:

hope Newcastle fuck off.

They are just rubbing our noses in it and they know it; they have a working strikeforce, they don't need to buy back Carroll.

The fat gangster and Greg Rusedski's Dad are sitting behind their desks, laughing like to two funboy's playing FIFA 12, trying to score with Andy Carroll upfront for Barcelona; transferred for £10 million, I might add.

I seriously hope Brendan mails the two of them an almighty slap!

:lol:

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Going by people who know the Fenway group, they wade in with alot of cash - and if it doesnt work out it dries up. Thanks Kenny, pretty obvious Brendan needs to sell to buy, and he has completely alienated Carroll.

what I would give for us to sign him and him to do a Toure/fellaini on Liverpool when we meet them.

Going by people who know the Fenway group, they wade in with alot of cash - and if it doesnt work out it dries up. Thanks Kenny, pretty obvious Brendan needs to sell to buy, and he has completely alienated Carroll.

what I would give for us to sign him and him to do a Toure/fellaini on Liverpool when we meet them.

One of the articles I was reading past night said Liverpool now need to sell if they want to buy anyone else this window, if they sell us Carroll for £12 million they can afford to buy Dempsey then.

One of the articles I was reading past night said Liverpool now need to sell if they want to buy anyone else this window, if they sell us Carroll for £12 million they can afford to buy Dempsey then.

They seem pretty desperate to get rid of Charlie Adam, but they payed about £6m for him and I expect they'll make a loss on that.