NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing we've got a budget and we're hoping to bring in our 3 preferred targets at that price rather than pay extra for 2 of them and have to scrap the 3rd signing.

Boring summer though, I pity the guys that f5 transfer threads all day.

this window has been fairly underwhelming so far.

not losing any key players is the priority though and that hasn't happened yet, which is a bonus.

So far losing no key players is good and we have signed some promising young players which is also good. Just need a few bigger moves for the first team (especially as we let some fringe players go) and we'd be sorted.

I think Mike is going to surprise us all. He has just announced a storming performance at Sports Direct and will be walking around like a dog with two cocks.

Add that on top of the boom sports direct will get off the olympics and he will be well chuffed with himself.

You might be right CT. Ashley is an unpredictable maverick and with the scent of possible success with the Toon I reckon he might be keen on landing a few blows before the transfer window closes. All we're seeing is his unwillingness to pay over the odds. (His odds).

I think Mike is going to surprise us all. He has just announced a storming performance at Sports Direct and will be walking around like a dog with two cocks.

Add that on top of the boom sports direct will get off the olympics and he will be well chuffed with himself.

Have they not been forced to take down all the sponsorship logos at the ground? I heard venues weren't allowed to have anything that wasn't an official sponsor and even the O2 arena had to cover their logo which is apparently on all of the seats. At work we've had to remove logo's from a bunch of videos right down to the 3 stripes on people's sleeves with adidas tops.

Have they not been forced to take down all the sponsorship logos at the ground? I heard venues weren't allowed to have anything that wasn't an official sponsor and even the O2 arena had to cover their logo which is apparently on all of the seats. At work we've had to remove logo's from a bunch of videos right down to the 3 stripes on people's sleeves with adidas tops.

I meant he will be booming from the buying splurge that will follow.

Little Johnny wants to take up running, exercising, golf etc etc.

Getafe star courts Prem interest

Getafe midfielder Abdelaziz Barrada would relish the chance to move to the Premier League, with Everton and Newcastle reportedly interested.

The 23-year-old moved to Spain from Paris St-Germain in 2010, initially playing for Getafe's reserve side before signing a four-year contract with the senior team.

His performances for the Madrid-based club earned him international recognition with Morrocco and a place in their squad for the Olympic football tournament at London 2012.

Barrada insists he is happy to stay at Getafe for the time being but has urged any English clubs interested in signing him to step up their interest.

Everton and Newcastle are two sides reportedly tracking the midfielder and Barrada admits he would jump at the chance to join either of them should they make an offer.

"It is at the stage of rumours at the moment, I heard of interest from Newcastle a long time ago, the Everton one has been in the papers," he told the Moroccan media.

"I am a Getafe player and happy to be here, if I am wanted by a club, they know what they have to do.

"Newcastle is an exciting team in a very big league, so is Everton, so to join one of them will be great.

"They have great tradition and are appealing to any player who wants to test himself against the best players."

Very obviously just fishing for a move, (the line about him knowing of our interest could be bullshit, could be that we've run the rule over him or could very well be genuine) but does anyone know anything about him?

More comments from Ba

Speaking to the Journal from Newcastle's training base in Portugal, he said: "I don't care what is being said. I think it's part of the game.

"However, I have never said anything other than I love being at Newcastle.

"If they hear something from me about my future, that is the truth. Otherwise, everything that is said is not true.

"The newspapers and I are not very friendly at the moment. For months and months and months, people have been talking about me, but there is nothing happening.

"Of course, I am looking forward to next season with Newcastle. We just have to build on the progress we made last season. For me, I just can't wait to start the first game."

Thats him off then. ;)