Players WILL be sold in the Summer - Llambias

Kid Dynamite

Selling members of the current squad: "We'll be losing one or two names this summer, but that'll be regenerated back into the squad. Alan's plan is to get a smaller squad, with better quality - so the bench is better. That's our aim over the next two years. We can't do it all this summer - we're not sure what the market will be like this summer when we're trading. We will lose some faces. For instance, Tiote has been with us a year and a half. He is out there. People know he's a good player. He's proven in the Premier League, he's not picking up as many yellow cards, he's learning. How are we going to stop a big club from coming in for him? It'll be very hard. One thing in our favour is that we now have a very good side and that might encourage the player to stay. But if someone knocks on the door and says they want this or that money, the reality may be that we have to trade."

In the daily mirror this morning

BTW that's not the full quote, which was:

http://www.thetimes....icle3345303.ece

Europe, Llambias says, “would create a whole different problem, but a nice problem”, and at a club where “self-sufficiency is our plan — keep buying, keep selling, keep buying, keep it affordable, but still compete”, it might persuade the talented young players scouted by the influential Graham Carr, and moulded by Pardew, to stick around.

“Cheik Tioté, for instance, is out there,” Llambias said. “People know he’s a good player. How are we going to stop a big club from coming in for him? It’ll be very hard. If someone knocks on the door, the reality is that we may have to trade.

“If you can take players from Arsenal, you can take them from anybody. But one thing in our favour is that we now have a very good side and that might encourage the player to stay.”

and another:

http://www.thetimes....icle3344997.ece

why even bring up tiote though? he's touting him for sale? and why refer to big clubs coming in as if we're not a big club ourselves?

we have a chance to kick on now by hanging on to our best players and brining in better players around them. we will never progress if we keep selling our best players after they've been with us for just a couple of seasons.

It's reality, I'd rather he hadn't, but we all know it.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The deal has already been done man, heard about in January and wrote about it on here £23m, we were offered Kalou as part of it but we said do one thank god.

No offence, but if this was true, to the extent that you knew it for a certainty, it would be in the press and we'd be hearing it from more than one source.

The deal has already been done man, heard about in January and wrote about it on here £23m, we were offered Kalou as part of it but we said do one thank god.

No offence, but if this was true, to the extent that you knew it for a certainty, it would be in the press and we'd be hearing it from more than one source.

aye, shades of leighton baines there like.

Basically letting the world know one of our most important players is for sale. Just when it looks like we might be turning a corner he admits we're still a selling club. We'll never get anywhere with this odius twat running the club.

stop moaning man.

And the excuses start,.........

who's been spouting rubbish all this time ?

You are like thread cancer

sorry like, but aren't YOU responding to this "news" too ? Just because you are deluded, it doesn't mean everyone else has to be too in order that they don't upset you by "disagreeing" with you.

This is bad news, and anyone who says differently is an idiot, but it's been coming and it will be a never ending cycle.

sorry like, but aren't YOU responding to this "news" too ? Just because you are deluded, it doesn't mean everyone else has to be too in order that they don't upset you by "disagreeing" with you.

This is bad news, and anyone who says differently is an idiot, but it's been coming and it will be a never ending cycle.

It's not all bad news for you though, you should be able to get at least another two years worth of posts from it.

It's not all bad news for you though, you should be able to get at least another two years worth of posts from it.

I've got 2 years of my season ticket left too, how long have you got ?

What do you mean "it's been coming" ?

In truth Llambias isn't really saying anything we didn't already know, aside from the revelation that they supposedly call it SJP too.

:lol: look at how happy he is.

Inside he must be seething, all the positives about the club in the last couple of days.

Oh and no evidence of recouping (or pocketting as Leazes likes to wrongly call it).

I'm fairly sure I get more enjoyment out of seeing the team win from my armchair than you do from being at the game.

I'm fairly sure I get more enjoyment out of seeing the team win from my armchair than you do from being at the game.

I don't think so.

:lol: look at how happy he is.

Inside he must be seething, all the positives about the club in the last couple of days.

Oh and no evidence of recouping (or pocketting as Leazes likes to wrongly call it).

if you aren't stupid, naive and deluded it's less of a surprise. I look forward to us "doing it like Spurs" as you will no doubt continue to claim.

See Dereks also saying mike has already sanctioned a big signing in the summer.

Wonder who?

No man, he's been misquoted. It's a reaction to last night's vandalism, Derek said they're going to "Get a big sign in"

And I doubt Tiote would be saying 'i am already at a big club' this week if he had already signed. It's possible but we didn't hear that sort of chat from Enrique last March.