Leazes statement

McFaul

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had many arguments with many people both on the internet and in "real" life where no matter how passionate they became, I always felt I could shake the hand of the other person and buy them a pint. I always used to think exactly that of LM but over recent months I think his level of personal nastiness to people has gone way beyond what I think is okay.

I don't want to play the amateur psychologist but I think the few good signs happening around the club (which I'm as cynical as anyone else about) are getting to him as being "right" has become far too important to him and anything that threatens that brings out the worst. Sadly I've got to the point where I honestly can't see him enjoying watching the team anymore which he denies.

I think if the mods had said to him "Look mate you're dragging the board down, take a break" it would have been good to see him say "you're right" but to be greeted with a response which at best is an infantile "but I'm right" and at worst a shit lot of abuse is not on.

I've said before I don't agree with permanenet bans and I do hope he comes back - unfortunately I can't see him changing the record if he does. Again sadly I can only imagine him returning if the season does peter out a bit and don't want to see any more smilies if we lose a couple of places on the last day like last year.

Agree a lot with NJS, however Leazes biggest problem was that his real argument was with his detractors on Newcastle Online and not here. Because of this he could never get any sense of closure on this board because his mindset was always with the "bastards" on newcastle online.

Sometimes you just need to let go and move on. He couldnt do that and while Im quite a liberal fella, I do think he was dragging the board towards armageddon.

He'd basically started jumping on anybody showing any kind of happiness with the way things were panning out. People that didn't even disagree with him on the board argument. Sad to say it but he's got some real issues that probably start offline, he's notoriously private so I guess we don't know the ins and outs but hope the guy sorts himself out.

* sigh *

I'm sad it's come to this tbh. I see him as an old testament character wandering in the desert, shouting his prophecy at the Sodomites and awaiting the wrath of God being visited on their heads. Now his head's been stuck on a pole by the evil pharoah.

It won't be the same without him.

* sniffle *

I like the old bastard. I've taken a more robust approach to discussing things with him recently but I've always said he may be proven correct. For a long while, you couldn't really argue with much he had to say except about the old board and tbh, I was always on his side with that. That's the past though and so is, in a way, the whole episode with Keegan and Wise. The live issues for me are, the branding, the stadium name and the momentum of the club. It's only on this last point I disagree with him because the evidence is in favour of us moving in the right direction. However, am not surprised people like brummiemag are still fucked off with the club and refuse to believe they give enough of a shit to care about keeping us moving in the right direction. I have said for a while that I think this is not a rational analysis, business logic says Ashley is driving for success and looking for a model that doesn't involve more debt. This makes sense to me too. I would add I think he is a bit tight and could have spent a bit more 'at risk' on a defender this last window. The fact that he hasn't doesn't mean I think he wants to ...'insert narrative of choice here'.

Did he actually post smilies after the west brom match?

The thing that kind of told me he was ready for a break was the Williamson situation. We had just lost at the last minute to a team of poor sports and he was on the next morning crowing about being right about Williamson.

and i knew there and then he just wants to be right. No matter what else happened. The result didn't even seem to matter. He was right. He'd created a straw man argument and had a vaguely specific quotation to go with it.

Alright, I went after him like a jack Russell after a ball but I had had enough of his smug patronising shit.

Did he actually post smilies after the west brom match?

Yep in one thread - another Ashley is a twat leviathan - I remember Renton accusing him of having a sex wee when West Brom equalisied which is when he (Renton) stopped even trying to talk to him.

He didn't need baiting into anything. Every Monday morning he turns up and pores through the weekend's post, none of which are addressed to him and fires out a bunch of responses along the lines of:

"Just a shame we are selling all our best players and not replacing them."

"when will you learn"

"omg you really think that this is how a successful club is run"

"I have been saying this for years. some people will never understand this basic point."

Setting the tone for another week of pointless repetition - and this has been going on FOR YEARS. No goading required.

it was never the opinion that pissed me off, it's the way he put it across.

I've disagreed with pretty much everyone on here about something or other, but what marks them as different is that there was always a back and forth. With Leazes he simply repeated his stock phrases, ignored any discussion that could take him off track and would, if neccesary, create positions so that he can have the same argument against.

Calling Manc mag the grey man and demanding he provide an opinion, then ignoring the opinion and the very next day stating as fact that manc mag never gives an opinion

Mocking Gemmill for supporting Souness (despite doing the same himself) and insisting that Gemmil has declared himself a know-all accountant when that's patently untrue.

Saying that I'm the self appointed policeman of the board when it was he who created this fantasy in his head.

Dismissing toonpacks facts and figures, but insisting that his own opinions cannot be argued with because they're fact

Anyone who disagreed with him is instantly an Ashley-arselicker, anyone who doesn't subscribe to his bizarrely narrow yet vague world view is stupid, childish, ignorant, moronic, etc. etc. etc.

I've lost count of the number of times he's been told to change the way he argues, and I've lost count of the number of times people have taken the time to try and reply to his points only to have their own questions ignored/mocked.

As has been said in this thread, Ashley v Old regime is not a topic that needs discussing in every thread. If I see the beginnings of that argument it does genuinely stop me reading through the entire conversation, meaning I'm probably missing something funny/interesting/provocative just because of one man's crusade.

That said, I don't think he should go for good, I just think he should change the way he has his argument.

I've had many arguments with many people both on the internet and in "real" life where no matter how passionate they became, I always felt I could shake the hand of the other person and buy them a pint. I always used to think exactly that of LM but over recent months I think his level of personal nastiness to people has gone way beyond what I think is okay.

I don't want to play the amateur psychologist but I think the few good signs happening around the club (which I'm as cynical as anyone else about) are getting to him as being "right" has become far too important to him and anything that threatens that brings out the worst. Sadly I've got to the point where I honestly can't see him enjoying watching the team anymore which he denies.

I think if the mods had said to him "Look mate you're dragging the board down, take a break" it would have been good to see him say "you're right" but to be greeted with a response which at best is an infantile "but I'm right" and at worst a shit lot of abuse is not on.

I've said before I don't agree with permanenet bans and I do hope he comes back - unfortunately I can't see him changing the record if he does. Again sadly I can only imagine him returning if the season does peter out a bit and don't want to see any more smilies if we lose a couple of places on the last day like last year.

Completely agree, it's a shame but I genuinely think this argument he has built up has ruined football a little for him. He is in a lose, lose situation.

Still can't get over his response after the 4-4 with Arsenal where he said something like "why would I be excited about that, I have seen it all before". Seems to refuse any enjoyment now.

This argument must have been going 5 years now (regarding Ashley) and 8(?) years regarding the old board. Not healthy.

Everyone seems very pleased he and his tiresome argument isn't the centre of attention anymore.....4 pages into the most popular thread of the day without a post from the man himself.

Oh how he drags things down.

:unsure:

I am reliably informed that he has attended 30-plus years of Newcastle matches and has paid for the three year season ticket deal. So he knows what he is talking about.

So I hearby retract the statement (that i never said) that leazes is happy to see NUFC lose. I was never contacted about this by pm, nor does an opinion of me being a fuckwit hang in the balance if I fail to do so.

Thank you.

Yours,

A. Fuckwit.

Everyone seems very pleased he and his tiresome argument isn't the centre of attention anymore.....4 pages into the most popular thread of the day without a post from the man himself.

Oh how he drags things down.

:unsure:

It's only the board policeman, financial whizzkid and usual suspects keeping things going.......

More seriously, it is a significant event, whether you agree with it or no.....