Muamba

ADP

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

Does this really need to be in the football forum?

Can we move this thread to chat, I think it's going to grow legs. Or just lock it.

It's merely an awareness of your place in the cosmos and a desire to grow spiritually, with a small s.

I'm aware plenty of people cgaf. :razz:

Whatever you say maaaan

hippie1.jpg

another cult btw ;)

Well given it's a conclusion I've reached on my own and I'm not currently recruiting young fitties I think I'm safe from the tanks shooting fire for now.

I'd revise my statement to 'find your own path' for risk of being labelled a hippy again.

It's merely an awareness of your place in the cosmos and a desire to grow spiritually, with a small s.

Whatever you say maaaan

hippie1.jpg

another cult btw ;)

Well given it's a conclusion I've reached on my own and I'm not currently recruiting young fitties I think I'm safe from the tanks shooting fire for now.

I'd revise my statement to 'find your own path' for risk of being labelled a hippy again.

Sorry, couldnt resist, good photo though :)

Tbh mate, I hate putting people into boxes, most normal folks take stuff from different ways of thinking and as you say reach their own conclusions. Any militiant yes/no'ists who are on any given side of a debate about this are just fuckin nuts. Your "find your own way" (direct quote from Life of Brian iinm?) stuff is spot on, but some people take the militant atheism stuff far too seriously.

Whatever you say maaaan

hippie1.jpg

another cult btw ;)

Jesus it's Allardyce! :o

@PaddockLad

I actually think someone has used that photo against me on here in the past, :lol:, so maybe a fair cop.

Religion puts people in boxes, maybe even cages, does that not bother you? It's not like it is their free choice most of the time.

If these things were all there to be selected after a good few years as a grown up then I'd go along with live and let live, it's indoctrination and inability to 'get out' that enslaves people, entrenches separatism, enhances conflict. Not exactly militant about it myself, but it is a huge and critical subject that deserves far more discussion and exploration.

Anyway I want to join the cult of KSA, when he finally gets it going.

Edited by trophyshy

Not going to get bothered by people hoping for a lad to get better and simply using a more active sounding term. Whenever someone says they're "hoping to see a friend" or "hoping to get an A*" it sounds like they're fairly passive about the whole deal.

alex summed up the insanity of religion for me with the geographical lottery of it all. Faith is a whole different bag of imaginary fairy men though.

simply using a more active sounding term.

That's the nub of it. The illusion of being able to do something when you're totally and utterly helpless. More about comforting ones self, convincing yourself you're now an active and contributing member of his recovery.

I prefer the hashtag #donatetohttp://www.c-r-y.org.uk/

Whatever you say maaaan

hippie1.jpg

another cult btw ;)

Sorry, couldnt resist, good photo though :)

Tbh mate, I hate putting people into boxes,

Not what I'd heard , you hippy-hating psychopath ;)

Edited by Monkeys Fist

His fiancee, Shauna Magunda, the mother of his son Joshua, posted on Twitter on Monday evening: "All your prayers are working people. Thank you so so much. Fabrice has felt every single prayer. Guys you've been incredible!"

@PaddockLad

I actually think someone has used that photo against me on here in the past, :lol:, so maybe a fair cop.

Religion puts people in boxes, maybe even cages, does that not bother you? It's not like it is their free choice most of the time.

If these things were all there to be selected after a good few years as a grown up then I'd go along with live and let live, it's indoctrination and inability to 'get out' that enslaves people, entrenches separatism, enhances conflict. Not exactly militant about it myself, but it is a huge and critical subject that deserves far more discussion and exploration.

You never replied to my post in the other topic about religion

If religion puts people in 'cages' then what does determinism do?

@PaddockLad

I'm sorry Sloop I forgot all about that.

Would you expand your question please...as I assume you have a view on what determinism does?

@PaddockLad

I'm sorry Sloop I forgot all about that.

Would you expand your question please...as I assume you have a view on what determinism does?

well the entire concept of free will and choice in the West originates from the Abrahamic religions and thus so does it's logic: God created man - man is given the choice on whether to be good or evil - man goes to heaven or hell based on his choices.

Take our the idea of God and logically you're left without a way to explain free will - and life is reduced down to an endless repetition of cause and effect where choice is rendered obselete

SJ, care to expand on the evidence for your first sentence? You don't think free will pre-exists the Abrahamic religions?!

Pagan culture didn't view humans as having a choice - individuals were simply puppets of the gods, slaves to a pre-determined fate, hence the emphasis on tragedy in Greek and Roman literature

There's a difference between the concept of free will and free will itself. Are you arguing that people before Jehovah made himself apparent (before disappearing again lately of course) had no free will? If so I think you're barking.