mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

readytogo is a total shambles, not really read it before the recent posts in this thread and the attention.

The "delete it all" stance from the admins/mods is unbelievable, how do ya not allow discussion about what is fairly major club news on a forum that is supposed to be exactly for that purpose.

Footballing rivalry aside it's simply cowardly as fuck

RAWKesque. Seems to have the support of the majority of posters though, wonder why?

Never seen anything like it. Someone just put up a perfectly reasonable post, with information widely publicly available, and they are met with a chorus of abuse from their peers demanding they are banned. Then they are banned and the thread disappears. :lol:

Honestly they're in full denial mode, pretending nothing has happened.

Apparently they're worried about libelling club staff - a detective inspector has stated under oath that Byrne knew all the details - fucking libel?

Edited by NJS

I think the patrons of RTG include a large contingent of people who are either kids or thick as fuck, or both. I wouldn't expect intelligent thought about the issue therefore from a lot of them or any appreciation of the moral dimensions of this. They're more bothered about defending SAFC which is sad - if the boot was on the other foot I'd like to think we'd be throwing shit at the player and the club and rightly so.

I dunno about the mods deleting threads but I suspect they're less concerned about stifling debate than keeping the lid on the legal position. Given the lack of brain cells with some of the posters, I expect certain comments could technically be libellous, so they probably feel under siege atm. I don't know whether anybody ever pays attention to opinions on an internet forum though.

For me it's a part of one reply on there that says

:lol:

How about "I took the night off work to watch the first scum v pool 4-3 game"?

So, this Mackem misses a shift at work so he can watch his rivals play in a league game. Then posts about it in a thread TWENTY years later! :lol: