mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

It’s a mystery where the fans get these unrealistic ideas from.

We are the biggest spenders on transfers. A wage budget well over £10million more than anyone in the League and January will see this gap widen further. No other club is anywhere close - most could run there club for five years on our spend?

"I said I with deal with players Rodwell, Ndong Papy (Djilobodji) etc. Change seats. Listen to fans. No p*** taking? Give 100 per cent. I have done what I promised and in 10 days I will have backed our man as I have promised. The issue isn’t will we sign, it’s who we sign."

• Haha 1

They should have absolutely pissed it. Even going up in second would have been somewhat humiliating - if they had any dignity whatsoever.

Emotions will be running too high for them to do anything against Pompey today.

I think they’ll absolutely bottle the play offs too.

and then the fun starts. Let’s see “The Don’s bank statement” 

• Haha 1

“Methven, however, is adamant that even if the worst happens, the club is in a far healthier state than when chairman Steward Donald’s consortium took over 12 months ago.

“Financially, in terms of on-going costs, staying in League One is straightforward,” he said. “In fact, going up is more of a challenge.””

From an article of him bigging up THAT night in Trafalgar Square.

I find it quite coincidental that this bit about how if they get promoted the wage bill jumps etc, and “what a financial mess we inherited from Short” is all being pushed to the fore now that promotion is looking dicey. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Howay said:

“Methven, however, is adamant that even if the worst happens, the club is in a far healthier state than when chairman Steward Donald’s consortium took over 12 months ago.

“Financially, in terms of on-going costs, staying in League One is straightforward,” he said. “In fact, going up is more of a challenge.””

From an article of him bigging up THAT night in Trafalgar Square.

I find it quite coincidental that this bit about how if they get promoted the wage bill jumps etc, and “what a financial mess we inherited from Short” is all being pushed to the fore now that promotion is looking dicey. 

Aye they were fucking silent about that up until they fucked up against Peterborough :lol:

Now all of a sudden there's a silver lining to their shiteness. I mean what is he actually saying here, that they're happy in League One?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It’s becoming obvious that they bought it because they dropped to League One and it was affordable with the thinking being that they’d piss the league and sell it on to someone when they got promoted. 

It's not actually a bad strategy for making a quick buck. If you picked a team that was less ridiculous, maybe.

I know most of them hate Short because they have zero perspective but it’s difficult to imagine them having a better owner or anyone being as fair as he was about the sale etc. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know most of them hate Short because they have zero perspective but it’s difficult to imagine them having a better owner or anyway being as fair as he was about the sale etc. 

In many ways, if we had Short we would have done better than we have under Ashley. He threw money around happily. I mean I'd gladly take Short as Chairman with Rafa as manager.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I know most of them hate Short because they have zero perspective but it’s difficult to imagine them having a better owner or anyway being as fair as he was about the sale etc. 

Aye, they always act like Ashley is a good owner and we are idiots for disliking him. If Ashley owned them they would have been absolutely fucked, there’s no way he’d have given the club away, paid the debt, all for essentially a few future parachute payments. 

Short was shite because he trusted the fan base and “legends” of Sunderland time and again. The place is fucking toxic, it was long, and widely, said that the player culture at the club was horrific, the mackems denied it, then when there was a flashpoint with Di Canio the management backed the players, and the mackems were fine with it as Di Canio wasn’t letting the players have tomato ketchup (imagine a lovely pile of chicken fuckin dippahs without a load of ketchup? It’d be like watching the lads without your blue drink). As much of a scumbag as Di Canio is they should have backed him up, instead they backed Cattermole. 

• Like 2

Aye and Cattermole is still fucking fleecing them :lol: I think Poyet raised similar issues about the drinking culture to no avail 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

In many ways, if we had Short we would have done better than we have under Ashley. He threw money around happily. I mean I'd gladly take Short as Chairman with Rafa as manager.

Short was very much into letting the legends have a big say in the club, as I said above the issue with Sunderland is their big heroes are people like Niall Quinn and Wearside Jack. It would have been great to have NUFC with people like Keegan, Shearer, etc having a say rather than Lambias and Wise. Not saying Short is perfect but he backed the club,  his downfall was trusting fucking divvies like Quinn, there’s also not a whole lot he can do when you have a fan base racially abusing their best players parent etc. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

Equal on points with Lee Bowyer’s Charlton :lol: so it looks like Charlton v Mackems in the playoffs, howay Lee knock those fucking tramps out the semi final. 

Edited by Howay