Newcastle United v Manchester City

McFaul

Congrats to City btw. All this talk of buying the league, but who would reject it if it was us? And it's still fucking hard no matter who you sign, Man U have proved that perfectly.

I'm not saying this to offend any City fans but to me it's a hollow victory. They were always going to win the league at some point. If it isn't this season then they'll keep throwing money at it until it does happen. It's not been a natural progression for them, just as Chelsea's wasn't either.

Not that I'm sure any of their long-suffering fans really care too much about that right now.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still convinced you will go back down to the championship next season ....haway man pardew??? ashley??? starting the season 2 months early in the uefa cup......its all wrang man!!!

still convinced you will go back down to the championship next season ....haway man pardew??? ashley??? starting the season 2 months early in the uefa cup......its all wrang man!!!

:lol:

I'm not saying this to offend any City fans but to me it's a hollow victory. They were always going to win the league at some point. If it isn't this season then they'll keep throwing money at it until it does happen. It's not been a natural progression for them, just as Chelsea's wasn't either.

Not that I'm sure any of their long-suffering fans really care too much about that right now.

Would it be hollow to you if it was us?

I like the fact that it's likely that Man City will win the title as it simply proves that winning the title is all about spending money.

Remember that Polish bell end that was here for a brief but painful time? His actual end will be red raw after the treatment it will have received from our season.

Clearly on a Pound for Position basis we are the Champions.

Although we lost I was impressed with how we played. We were all over them for large parts of the game, No shame in losing to a side like City the way we lost.

Although we lost I was impressed with how we played. We were all over them for large parts of the game, No shame in losing to a side like City the way we lost.

We gave it a go, all you can ask.

A lot of little things didn't come off - passes went astray etc. On another day, who knows what might have happened.

Would it be hollow to you if it was us?

At the time we probably wouldn't care. There is a certain inevitability about it though, which is why I'm not as pleased for them as I should be.

Santon looks so dangerous coming down the left lately. Starting to jizz my pants at next season already if we can keep the squad together. I predict he will have been an absolute steal at the 4m or whatnot we paid for him. At the end of the day Cabayes passing and Ben Arfas dribbling mostly didnt come off. On another day it would have and we could have won. Can't see many teams coming away from St.James with anything. Just a right and centre back of quality and our team will be amazing.

Edited by nortoon

3 home losses all season is mightily impressive. And the Man City loss is the only one where I don't feel we were a little bit hard done by/unfortunate.

Several thngs didn't go our way against Chelsea and West Brom was just one of those nights, a night we really should have at least gotten a draw out of.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Does anybody have a cost comparison of our first team and bench compared to theirs yesterday?

Happy Face I am looking at you.

Somebody on N-O has kindly done this.

Tim Krul Joe Hart

Coloccini Kompany

Santon Zabaleta

Williamson Lescott

Perch Clichy

Cabaye Barry

Ben Arfa Nasri

Guttierez Silva

Tiote Toure

Cisse Aguero

Ba Tevez

£42m £210m

£4m - subs £96m - subs

-------------- ----------------

£46m vs £306m

Krul 0

Perch 1m

Santon 5m

Colo 9m

"Willo" 1.5m

Ben Arfa 5m

Cabaye 4m

Tiote 3.5m

Jonas 0

Ba 0

Cisse 9m

Elliot 100k

Shola 0

Obertan 3m

Ferguson 0

Raylor 2.5m

Gosling 0

Marveaux 0

£43.6m

Hart 1m

Zabaleta 6.5m

Lescott 24m

Kompany 6m

Clichy 12m

Nasri 23m

De Jong 10m

Yaya 25m,

Barry 19m

Silva 25m

Aguero 40m

Tevez 25m

Pantilimon 2m

Milner 21m

Johnson 7m

Kolarov 19m

£275.5m

I thought we'd hyped it up too much to get a result, and fair play to them they're the best team in that league by a distance. Fuck knows how Chelsea have done better in Europe, they're so solid. I was so nervous before the game I was physically sick, walking up that road adjacent to the East Stand with the orange building on either side. We did ok, I just would've liked to have seen us attack and bit more but it's a catch 22 against them, Man Utd and Spurs attacked them and got beat 1-6, worthy champions, and Kompany is as good a centre half as English football has seen for two decades, what a player, can't think of one thing he struggles with. Seems a good bloke too, and his crack about us being one of THE best sides and clubs in English football was excellent. He's right though. Lots to be proud of, I mean you've got "Willo" a £1m defender against a twin £65m Argentinian world wide star strike force, and he didn't do bad.

The Man City fans on here have been very gracious and good crack, but their fans after the game. What a fucking set of arseholes. Arrogance was unbelievable. It's their first title in 80% of their supports life time. I'm not a fighter but I did well not to start in the pub like. These cunts right, skinny little rodent mugs, and their pal who looked like Keith Lard, on at me saying they deserved Mansour more than we did cos we used to get 10,000 every season. Was like red rag to a bull, so I reeled off everything you can imagine about their shit club, from 400 away supports here, to 3,000 gates in the FA Cup, they soon shut the fuck up. Apparently we'll be back in midtable next season too. The one thing I said that wound them up the most was they're nothing special and had Mansour bought a non league club they could've won the title. It's a fact. The most plastic club on earth, far more so than Chelsea, at least Chelsea were a biggish club competing for the top four under Bates, Man City have had about five good seasons league wise in their entire fuckin history. Massively hope QPR fluke it next week.

Coloccini and Kompany really would make an incredible partnership.

The more I think about it the more I'm surprised they didn't try to turn his head. Lescott's decent enough, if a bit unspectacular, but after that their cb cover is pretty poor compared to the rest of their squad.

when are they meant to have been turning his head?

Colo was good last season yes but has been outstanding this, if anything the first time he could really be on their radar is this summer.

Can't remember if I posted this or not yesterday due to my inebriated state, but I thought their fans were absolutely shite until they scored.

Considering their position and how often we hear about how great they are I was expecting more.

when are they meant to have been turning his head?

Colo was good last season yes but has been outstanding this, if anything the first time he could really be on their radar is this summer.

True, although with that Savic looking a bit of a dud and Kolo Toure's problems they could've been tempted in Jan for a reliable fix, especially with Colo's contract situation, or just had a shady word in his agents ear for him to wait till summer.

He would've turned them down anyway, loves us to much :nufc: