Davide Santon signs a 5 year deal with Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

I thought that article was quite informed....until he used average newspaper rating as evidence of good form.

Aye, the atmosphere in the bogs were slightly better yesterday I thought. I saw someone who looked like you, but I thought nah can't be, not ginger enough and not 7ft9.

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to say what I said in the previous thread about how can they let someone highly rated go for 5million blah blah blah but then I read the article...

He has shown the promise in the past by the sounds of it and I think we should go for it tbh.

I thought that article was quite informed....until he used average newspaper rating as evidence of good form.

Aye, the atmosphere in the bogs were slightly better yesterday I thought. I saw someone who looked like you, but I thought nah can't be, not ginger enough and not 7ft9.

Saw about 500 fat cunts that could've been yee

Saw hufty too. Sits near us. Had to bite my tongue, was gonna tell her to lick me blit

Was on Stevie watch aswell yesterday.

Saw two candidates. One looked a bit too banjo playing and the second one looked pretty close but taller, plumper and greyer than I imagined. However if you had a Greyish top, White trainers and were with a White haired older fella then maybe it was you. :D

Saw about 500 fat cunts that could've been yee

Saw hufty too. Sits near us. Had to bite my tongue, was gonna tell her to lick me blit

:D narrow it doon to the handsome fat cunts.....discoont them.

I can not believe we're getting Santon, it's mental. Mourinho loved him at the start.

Saw two candidates. One looked a bit too banjo playing and the second one looked pretty close but taller, plumper and greyer than I imagined. However if you had a Greyish top, White trainers and were with a White haired older fella then maybe it was you. :D

Nar mate had the classic blue adidas Gazelle on. Blue shirt and a wool jacket, I was lookin round for you as well, but my candidate looked like he'd been sniffer poppers for years and had more wrinkles than you close up.

Nar mate had the classic blue adidas Gazelle on. Blue shirt and a wool jacket, I was lookin round for you as well, but my candidate looked like he'd been sniffer poppers for years and had more wrinkles than you close up.

:D That probably was me.

Have a small pocket of lads near us who are obviously evictees and kept trying to get something going but it was like a library tbf. The 18 - 21 section seemed to give it a good go.

Was going to say what I said in the previous thread about how can they let someone highly rated go for 5million blah blah blah but then I read the article...

He has shown the promise in the past by the sounds of it and I think we should go for it tbh.

Did you enjoy it?

Did you enjoy it?

Yeah

If we don't bring in Pieters it'll be because we weren't willing to spend an extra £1-2m or so. Pathetic.

I'm glad that we have you, bravely diving behind the scenes to tell us what's really going on.

It was just a presumption based on apparent history, didn't mean to upset you.

I saw a bit of Santon when he broke into the Inter team with Mourinho there, looked a very good prospect. Imagine him and Enrique at right and left back.

:D bell!

Could still happen if the boy plays well for us.

some of the reports in the italian media are saying sulley muntari is included in the deal... or at least i think that is what they say...

Awful.

Sulley got a smashing left-foot, can play left-back and perform with great precision. I would really like to see him in Black & White.

Muntari was abysmal for Sunderland but excellent for Pompey 2-3 seasons back. Still not interested.

Santon coming here is a very exciting idea, I have to say, but I note that his agent is the one talking up this move:

Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon is in talks to join Newcastle, according to the player's agent.

Santon, 20, is under contract with the Serie A giants until June 2014 and is also a reported target of Roma.

''At this time there is no possibility that Santon can join Roma because right now the aim is Newcastle,'' said Santon's agent Claudio Vigorelli to Corriere dello Sport.

The Italy international has been with Inter since 2008 and made 16 appearances in all competitions during the first half of last season before going on loan in the second half of the campaign and making 11 league appearances for Cesena.

See that bit about him being linked with Roma? Could be the usual agent bullshit to get Roma to up their offer.

See that bit about him being linked with Roma? Could be the usual agent bullshit to get Roma to up their offer.

I don't think so, it says they agreed a deal on far too many sites to be bullshit.

Muntari was abysmal for Sunderland but excellent for Pompey 2-3 seasons back. Still not interested.

Santon coming here is a very exciting idea, I have to say, but I note that his agent is the one talking up this move:

Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon is in talks to join Newcastle, according to the player's agent.

Santon, 20, is under contract with the Serie A giants until June 2014 and is also a reported target of Roma.

''At this time there is no possibility that Santon can join Roma because right now the aim is Newcastle,'' said Santon's agent Claudio Vigorelli to Corriere dello Sport.

The Italy international has been with Inter since 2008 and made 16 appearances in all competitions during the first half of last season before going on loan in the second half of the campaign and making 11 league appearances for Cesena.

Aye, get it signed basically. Until then, pretty pointless discussing his strengths and weaknesses.

form is temporary. the lad has talent for sure fits in with the policy.

he's a good lb too right footed or not its arguably his best position its where he made his name.

So we're going for a player who isn't a natural LB, and has been out of form for a while.

As opposed to a player who is a natural LB and is on form.

No doubt because the former costs a couple of £m less.

This is going to be a mainstream policy tbf. Much as I'd like to be signing the current cream of Europe, they're out of our reach.

In all seriousness, if we're signing slightly marginalised, but basically talented players at a discount and theres a real emphasis on bringing them on according to their personal needs we can get some good players together. The alternative is very very ordinary 'proven' English players who come at a totally nonsensical transfer premium.

If the backroom really is a more sophisticated set up these days then that can be a viable alternative way to make some progress-because it's pointless thinking about competing on transfer fees, taking a real world view.

form is temporary. the lad has talent for sure fits in with the policy.

he's a good lb too right footed or not its arguably his best position its where he made his name.

Aye.