Davide Santon signs a 5 year deal with Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

Apparently he's been in poor form for 15 months, so let's not put too much pressure on the lad if he comes. I still think we'llend up with Perch and Harte as our main fullbacks.

:D :D :D:icon_lol: SJP groaning in unison at a miss-timed tackle. "Fuck off, ya fuckin' shite"

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheMilanGuy Matteo Bonetti

@

@toonlowdown Loads of potential. Very fast, pretty technical, good size. All around amazing prospect. Took care of CR7 in a CL game

@toonlowdown He can play on both flanks, as well as a midfield wingback. Pretty versatile.

@toonlowdown Are you sure it isn't a loan deal? Inter thinks he's the new Maldini

TheMilanGuy Matteo Bonetti

@

@toonlowdown That's pretty shocking. He could become one of the world's premier fullbacks. 1.87m with pace is hard to find.

I asked Matteo Bonetti who tweets about all things A.C Milan & he seems to think he's an amazing player!

Hasn't been the same since his he had a bad injury but was looking really promising beforehand. Then again, Inter were much better as a tea before he had the injury as well. Either way, easily better than what we have, so a good deal for 5 million if its happening.

A few years ago Mourinho was praising him heavily, whilst Benitez didnt seem to rate him. I know which of those two I'd sooner trust.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Our previous signings from Inter were Pistone, Emre and Obafemi Martins. The portents are favourable then :unsure:

They all came with a lot of hype too.

Emre... I can't believe how much money we spent that summer. A) Because we spent so much, but mainly B) because it was the second worst manager in living memory (first has to be Kinnear) who spent it. Shepherd was far from perfect but at least he backed his managers.

Our previous signings from Inter were Pistone, Emre and Obafemi Martins. The portents are favourable then :D

If we did get him, I like the fact he's coming with a question mark and something to prove. The three above were big name buys for big time money (in their respective eras) who came here and found it all too comfortable resting on their laurels. We didn't demand anywhere near enough of lots of players over far too many years is the basic truth of it.

Our previous dealings with Inter werent bad at all. Fair'ish prices for players who bought into the clubs philosophy then and wanted to try their hand in the english game.

Pistone was somewhere inbetween Domi and Charvet in terms of quality. With a Maldini expectations. Not too dissimilar to Coloccini's arrival here but for much less money. He wasnt bad, just didnt suit the PL then.

That applied to all three of our signings from Inter. Martins scored some amazing goals for us, his debut goal in europe and the one against Blackburn were memorable, he just didnt have the ethic or drive for the PL. His career after us shows this.

Emre was out best of the three imo. Worked hard, i liked his mentality and technical ability, created plenty of goals and scored a few too but all in all he wasnt suited to the PL neither.

Anyway, my point is Santon shouldnt come here with an expertations or pressure other than he is a young lad, has a impressive CV into his career but it's all about how he adapts. Tiote done it well, Coloccini, Jose and Jonas took a year but are solid.

If we get him in and it seems likely, i really hope it is as a 1st team RB as well as a new LB, Cissokho. Then we would have two "quality" fullbacks to support us both in attack and defence.

Our previous dealings with Inter werent bad at all. Fair'ish prices for players who bought into the clubs philosophy then and wanted to try their hand in the english game.

Pistone was somewhere inbetween Domi and Charvet in terms of quality. With a Maldini expectations. Not too dissimilar to Coloccini's arrival here but for much less money. He wasnt bad, just didnt suit the PL then.

That applied to all three of our signings from Inter. Martins scored some amazing goals for us, his debut goal in europe and the one against Blackburn were memorable, he just didnt have the ethic or drive for the PL. His career after us shows this.

Emre was out best of the three imo. Worked hard, i liked his mentality and technical ability, created plenty of goals and scored a few too but all in all he wasnt suited to the PL neither.

Anyway, my point is Santon shouldnt come here with an expertations or pressure other than he is a young lad, has a impressive CV into his career but it's all about how he adapts. Tiote done it well, Coloccini, Jose and Jonas took a year but are solid.

If we get him in and it seems likely, i really hope it is as a 1st team RB as well as a new LB, Cissokho. Then we would have two "quality" fullbacks to support us both in attack and defence.

We've had more than our fair share that 'weren't suited to the PL' when we had mega cash to spend and the reason they didn't work out wasn't actually because they 'weren't suited to the PL'.

Attitude was the main problem with both Emre and Martins in my opinion. Pistone was just very ordinary though he was quite young when we signed him and joined when things were starting to fall apart. (improved a bit at Everton if I remember correctly).

Edited by TicTacWoe

I think he would be a decent signing , with great potential. At 5million it would be a serious bargain if he came and then came good over the year. So a good move seeing as the move with Pieters broke down. Only thing i'm worried about is the serious lack of news about a striker coming in but we shall see i suppose, only 48 hours to go.

Potential is all very well at the likes of manu where they have time. We need players who can walk straight in and improve the team now. Not the likes of obertan and ba.

Ba's 26 with a decent goal scoring record throughout his career. So I'd hardly call him potential. Yes, he's looked poor for us so far, but it's far too early to be writing him off.

I think he would be a decent signing , with great potential. At 5million it would be a serious bargain if he came and then came good over the year. So a good move seeing as the move with Pieters broke down. Only thing i'm worried about is the serious lack of news about a striker coming in but we shall see i suppose, only 48 hours to go.

Absolutely.

Would be a very good signing and at 5mil, poses potentially as very good deal indeed. (Tiote/Barfa'esq)

Deano in dreamo land expecting a right back and a left back

No.

Deano in "What should happen'land.

Thats not what im expecting to actually happen, its what i think needs to happen.

However, this lad made his name as a right footed LB and if that is who we are bringing in to replace Jose then im also happy with that.

Just means Simpson has to sort his head out and up his game at RB because he has been poor, and possibly understandably so what with his daughter. Maybe he shouldnt be in the team right know, giving him the time to sort his life out and going with at R.Taylor and the young lad Santon at LB.

Didnt someone say he was expected for a medical thmora? Whats the latest in this?

Edited by Deano

Potential is all very well at the likes of manu where they have time. We need players who can walk straight in and improve the team now. Not the likes of obertan and ba.

Ba's 26 with a decent goal scoring record throughout his career. So I'd hardly call him potential. Yes, he's looked poor for us so far, but it's far too early to be writing him off.

Aye, think the Ba example is harsh. Proven track record and although he's been unspectacular for us so far I have genuine hope he can get us regular goals. Love him to get off the mark against QPR and see how he goes from there.

Aye, think the Ba example is harsh. Proven track record and although he's been unspectacular for us so far I have genuine hope he can get us regular goals. Love him to get off the mark against QPR and see how he goes from there.

Yes.

He was free, but still comes with a decent track record. Fitness is, and always has been an issue with him but i think he will come good. It was a nice assist in his cameo appearance.

He is the one who should be playing with "The new striker" until Barfa comes back and is challenging his position in the team. Best, Shola, Sameobi and Lovenkrands in reserve. In that order.

Fitness hasn't always . been an issue with Ba. Look at amount of games he's played over his career. His failed medical at Stoke has always been overstated. As the issue with his knee was due to a botched operation, which was probably performed by Doctor Nick Riviera.

He's passed two medicals since January. He averages 29 games a season & in the season he received his injury he played 20 games.

Media hyperbole, same with Marveaux who has been fit since April & Ben Arfa who has had some seriously bad luck.

I didn't call him potential. I said he doesn't improve the team and we need players who can do that now, not in a year or so. Ba has been rubbish so far and so has obertan.