Davide Santon signs a 5 year deal with Newcastle United

Christmas Tree

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potential is all very well at the likes of manu where they have time. We need players who can walk straight in and improve the team now. Not the likes of obertan and ba.

Ba's 26 with a decent goal scoring record throughout his career. So I'd hardly call him potential. Yes, he's looked poor for us so far, but it's far too early to be writing him off.

I didn't call him potential. I said he doesn't improve the team and we need players who can do that now, not in a year or so. Ba has been rubbish so far and so has obertan.

Of course he improves the team :D

Ok the first 105 minutes weren't great but he is still a forward who has scored just over a goal every 2 games throughout his career and that isn't just a purple patch at one club but every single club he has played at his record has been exceptional.

Ba will outscore every player in our team by some way and will be up there in the league scoring charts if he is given chances.

So if Macheda and Santon both join, does this mean we've swapped France for Italy for a bit?

FA imposes limits on non-English players so we sell Carroll, Nolan, Routledge and allow Barton to go for nothing. Of course none of our incomings have been English because it's generally poor value to sign English players.

Made good runs, decent passing, tracked back, made a couple of key tackles, played a big part in the second goal etc etc.

Dzeko cost £10m more than our transfer record & £17m more than our transfer record under Ashley, Obertan was £3m. Get some perspective ffs :D

I thought Obertan was great on Sunday tbh.

Fucking Rooney was great. Dzeko was great. So you think obertan was as good as them, eh? FFS.

Reality is needed.

Edited by dbsweeney

Guest Your Name Here

Lovenkrands was great as well, considering he cost nothing.

Obertan was exactly what you’d expect from a player who cost £3m, if that’s what we paid. Inconsistent and lacking in footballing intelligence. Showed flashes of adequacy but generally had no impact on the game.

Guest Your Name Here
generally had no impact on the game.

He could have scored a hat trick from the book of Messi and some people would call him shite.

But he didn’t. He made one decent pass, bumbled past the left back once and ran down a few blind allies.

Made good runs, decent passing, tracked back, made a couple of key tackles, played a big part in the second goal etc etc.

Dzeko cost £10m more than our transfer record & £17m more than our transfer record under Ashley, Obertan was £3m. Get some perspective ffs :D

He didn't you know. Many times he had the opportunity to be creative and he put his head down for a couple of yards then played a ball back. Thats not holding the ball up, thats just losing the initiative. He did play a good ball to Ba though but that was about it.

You are right. You get what you pay for and you get nowt for 3 mill these days. Thats what we got.

Do you think you are using the term great, just a tad too much?

Guest Your Name Here

He didn't you know. Many times he had the opportunity to be creative and he put his head down for a couple of yards then played a ball back. Thats not holding the ball up, thats just losing the initiative. He did play a good ball to Ba though but that was about it.

You are right. You get what you pay for and you get nowt for 3 mill these days. Thats what we got.

Do you think you are using the term great, just a tad too much?

FMA has done a great job of lowering expectations.

I'm firmly part of ''Team Negative'' but I'm still amazed by the abject stupidity of some Newcastle fans on here.

Why weren't we in for Fabregas instead of Obertan! :D

I think if we spend £4m on straightening Obertan's head geometry out, we'll be a VERY strong side. Spend £8m on Santon with a £12m loan deal for Kaka and I think we can realistically beat out Arsenal for fourth.

Team for QPR

Obertan, before head surgery, using his millennium dome size cranium to keep shots out

Cabaye tek

Lovenkrands was great as well, considering he cost nothing.

Obertan was exactly what you’d expect from a player who cost £3m, if that’s what we paid. Inconsistent and lacking in footballing intelligence. Showed flashes of adequacy but generally had no impact on the game.

Could have had a very good assist to his name if Best didn't stick his hoof in when the pass was clearly not to him. Lovelyhands might be the invisible man out there most of the time, but he's still a decent finisher.

Obertan I think has the ability, just needs some confidence.

Bablefish: Italian to English

GASPORT (L. TAIDELLI) - David Santon is of fact a player of the Newcastle. Yesterday to the 16 20enne the external defender, accompanied from its Contracted Renzo agent, is flown in England in order to close with the Magpies. The agreement between the bianconeri and the Inter already had been found some days before on the base of 6 million more bonus. This Santon morning will be undergone to the medical visits, exceeded which will arrive official announcement and company. High and low the defender, as soon as convened from the c.t of the 21 Under Ciro Ferrara for the 6 challenge of september against Hungary, valid for the qualifications to European 2013, definitively separates therefore from the Inter after two seasons and average indeed details. From the outbreak with Mourinho in 2008-09, when after the 1-3 in house of the Atalanta Portuguese the “Child” launch and he was repaid some with a girone of return from protagonist, until to the decrease of the successive season, culminated with I plant unjustly after a 5-3 to Palermo, with David sent in field on the 4-0 and pointed out like in charge of the rimonta rosanero. Then the ugly accident to the ginocchio of November 2009, with the same Under, and the recent loan to the Cesena. Now the goodbye.

So having watched the obligatory you tube clip I am now fully qualified to spout shite about this player.

Anyway, nearly all the clips show him at left back so I assume that's where he's going to play for us.

While you tube clips are quite dull for defenders, he does look quite comfortable on the ball in attack and seems to take his time outside the oppositions box picking out the right pass rather than simply trying to get rid of the ball as Simpson does.

He almost has air about him that he knows he has time because they aint going to get the ball off him easily.

Anyway, just a you tube clip but lets he hope we get him and he lives up to his billing.

paulfraserecho Paul Fraser

RT @PremierLeagueCF: Top work @JonPijnen_TV picking up exclusive shots of DavideSanton leaving Newcastle hotel this morning. Medical now.

:D

Is this just Twitter boleks though? :D

Get over there in your cab, man, have a look :D