Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

Just over 1 hour to go, I'm excited.

For the record, it's now no longer cool to hate England and support France. Just makes you look like a wanker.

Awesome that Ox-C is playing ahead of Downing. We'll see how good the much fancied Debuchy is when he come up against a half decent winger with pace.

2 hours

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha you were building up to that.

England Team to play France

Hart

Johnson Terry Lescott Cole

Milner Parker Gerrard Oxlade-Chamberlain

Young

Welbeck

Pleasantly surprised Downing has been left on the bench for AOC. There's plenty pace from the three of them up front and wide.

That confirmed marra?

I swore, SWORE, after the debacle in South Africa that I'd stop giving a toss about England, yet I'm sitting here an hour and a half before the game and I'm as tense as ever.

Thats football for you. Ive "never given a toss about England" yet I always watch them :lol:

Ordinarily I'd have no problem with England losing but I know so many Cath-words who "fink it shudd've bin 'Arry" that I kind of hope Hodgson's hordes stick it to 'em.

I swore, SWORE, after the debacle in South Africa that I'd stop giving a toss about England, yet I'm sitting here an hour and a half before the game and I'm as tense as ever.

Same here. I think for me it's down to the fact no one givesus a chance, often when we're at our most dangerous. We're a nation of warriors, who are perhaps better in the Rocky Balboa role, than the Apollo Creed one. Fuck me that sounds sentimental but it's true.

These idiots need to stop saying "Yeah, we'll do well, no one fancies us."

If you think we'll do well, then you fancy the team.

:lol: very true, its the same sort of expectation as any other tournament, just being channeled slightly different.

Same here. I think for me it's down to the fact no one givesus a chance, often when we're at our most dangerous. We're a nation of warriors, who are perhaps better in the Rocky Balboa role, than the Apollo Creed one. Fuck me that sounds sentimental but it's true.

Comparing modern day footballers to the likes of Battle of Britain pilots (as an example)

SUPERB :D

Haha you were building up to that.

England Team to play France

Hart

Johnson Terry Lescott Cole

Milner Parker Gerrard Oxlade-Chamberlain

Young

Welbeck

Pleasantly surprised Downing has been left on the bench for AOC. There's plenty pace from the three of them up front and wide.

loads of us said "give youth a chance" when Hodgy took over, can't complain at that side. Pity about Cahill, 3/4 chels defenders+man city goalie=solid.