Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

I had no idea that the annoying "band" that follows England everywhere - and that wasn't allowed into the stadium last night - is bankrolled by Pukka Pies. Either way, the responses to this statement on Facebook are quite amusing. :Dhttp://www.facebook....151190064773206

Aye, some quality comments there tbf

The Pompey man with the bell has a better repertoire

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine the temperature was the same for both teams, but we didn't get battered anyway. Hart's had a quiet afternoon.

Did anyone notice Rooney say to his mate "FUCK! I'd have scored" when Milner missed the open goal.

:lol: I didnt see him say that. He looked very animated on the bench.

Do we start Defoe in the next game or keep the same team? I was dissapointed with Young I must admit.

Milner was woeful, Chamberlain was out of his depth. I'd start Carroll with Welbeck and have Walcott and Young on the wings

Milner was woeful, Chamberlain was out of his depth. I'd start Carroll with Welbeck and have Walcott and Young on the wings

Agreed on all points.

Playing and sitting back against a good France side is one thing, but with Ukraine winning we need to go and get a win next game against a team we should "take charge" of.

I honestly not sure were capable of that, were solid and organised defensively but the midfield, particularly in the middle, just cannot keep possession.

We could actually really do with a cabaye or someone who is that composed on the ball and will keep it.

Agree with you two about the wings, aoc obviously has potential but on current level he should not be an England starter.

You're joking? We were playing against a team who have been together for 2 years, who are unbeaten in 22 games including victories over Brazil, England and Germany, playing with a largely new side, with a new way of playing, having played two games and had nine training sessions before the game in 88 degree heat?! I thought we were magnificent especially in the first half, we had a game plan to get a result and it worked restricting them to shots from outside the box. All of this being done without one of the best players in the world, because regardless what anyone says, that's what Rooney is.

It's like Liverpool getting a draw at Old Trafford playing conservative football, but saying we're the worst of four sides because Cardiff v Boro was quite exciting. You'll see a more attacking side on Friday without the heat, and you'll see the difference.

I think we played well for a crap team. We weren't too hot in those friendlies either. More of a gut feeling really, it would be typical of England to put in a "heroic" performance against France then be dismal against the lesser teams.

:lol: He's right about Terry, but the stuff about being made uneasy by idiots in fancy dress is ridiculous. The fact that he acknowledges that those wearing them don't know the meaning anyway should have been enough to tell him not to write an article about it.

What's the problem? Many would agree with him on the terry issue

And I can appreciate how the crusades thing would be somewhat uncomfortable to a proud Muslim, English or otherwise and he quite clearly states that he is aware it's not meant in a racist or hurtful spirit.

I'm assuming you don't have a problem with him being unhappy at being chanted at during English games as though he were opposition.

:lol: He's right about Terry, but the stuff about being made uneasy by idiots in fancy dress is ridiculous. The fact that he acknowledges that those wearing them don't know the meaning anyway should have been enough to tell him not to write an article about it.

Aye, it's a flimsy premise for an article (as if we don't see them everywhere in sports journalism) but I wouldn't call it unbelievable, I reckon he's get a point about the Qatar WC too, if the Qatari supporters did that thered be hell on over here

What a fucking joke. People like him really fuck me off.

I once watched Countryfile and there were 3 Black men on there complaining saying they didnt feel they could go walking in the National parks because they were black.

What a fucking joke. People like him really fuck me off.

I once watched Countryfile and there were 3 Black men on there complaining saying they didnt feel they could go walking in the National parks because they were black.

:lol: did they expand on that reasoning at all? I would be livid if I saw black people in national parks mind.

:lol: did they expand on that reasoning at all? I would be livid if I saw black people in national parks mind.

That was it, they felt it was a white mans past time. So they set up the Black Mans Wakling Group or something.

Fukcing loons.

That was it, they felt it was a white mans past time. So they set up the Black Mans Wakling Group or something.

Fukcing loons.

You've misspelt coo..... Whoa what you on about? I didn't say anything.

Its a bit like someone in Berwick complaining in 2012 about the sacking of the town in 1296 by Edward I. How the fuck does it affect your life nowadays?

Its a bit like someone in Berwick complaining in 2012 about the sacking of the town in 1296 by Edward I. How the fuck does it affect your life nowadays?

Exactly. It just adds fuel to organisations like the EDL. It's a fucking disgrace that The Guardian should even publish it. The way life is going we'll a crescent moon as our badge within 30 years.

I stood right next to that John Portsmouth Football Club bloke years ago at a Derby v Portsmouth game . Fucking incessant horseshit it was . He's a proper mouth-breather. If he was a dog you'd put it down .

I had no idea that the annoying "band" that follows England everywhere - and that wasn't allowed into the stadium last night - is bankrolled by Pukka Pies. Either way, the responses to this statement on Facebook are quite amusing. :Dhttp://www.facebook....151190064773206

I Wondered why I enjoyed watching England more than usual last night! hope the fuckers stay banned or realize that no fucker likes them and just disband.

It's sickening to think these atmosphere ruining cunts are all over then on a free jolly.