Realistic Finish next season

uberdoo

Before a ball was kicked I said we'd comfortably be top 7 last season, and I think we'll come 6th this season. Tottenham will not be the same next season 100%. The Chelsea players said one of the big things about AVB was he wasn't an effective communicator and alienates the bigger players early doors, their worst results in 15 seaons under him reflected this. Harry got an extra 20% out of the yids, that's not there now, rumours of Bale, VDV and Modric all leaving to play for big clubs, I think they'll 100% fall back a bit. We can come above them, we're nearly did last season with their best team in 50 years. Our team is ready made, they've played together a season, we know our strengths, we've gelled, we don't need to worry there. Liverpool do. They'll be starting from scratch, Arsenal's best player wants away, Chelsea losing Drogba will be absolutely massive, and the likes of Everton and Villa, they're getting older and they are what they are. Mid table plodders. 6th minimum for me, as long as no one major leaves.

I'd like to see top 7 again. Sustained European qualification, even it is only the Europa league, is going to put us back on the map for potential signings. It's just nice going into a season again knowing we've got the firepower to score against anyone.

Assuming Simpson leaves because Debuchy comes in and Douglas joins in August, i think 6th is definitely possible, especially if we get a few more games from Saylor so Willo doesn't play as much.

Definite 6th place if we sign Hoilett too.

I'd like to see top 7 again. Sustained European qualification, even it is only the Europa league, is going to put us back on the map for potential signings. It's just nice going into a season again knowing we've got the firepower to score against anyone.

agree with you there, a europa league place would be perfect

hopefully a decent run in the competition too

managing both would be a testament to the strength in the squad

8th-10th if we keep our main men.

6th-8th if we add quality to squad.

below 10th if we sell our main men.

I'll settle for top ten and a cup run, I'll settle for 4th bottom with a Cup in the trophy room.

7th = Average, 8th = Fail, 6th = Good, 5th or higher = excellent.

8th = acceptable

7th = decent

6th = grand

5th + = excellent

Progress needs to be measured over several seasons, not just two or three.

Guest CabayeAye

8th = acceptable

7th = decent

6th = grand

5th + = excellent

Progress needs to be measured over several seasons, not just two or three.

We broadly agree, but personally, I see finishing below any team who aren't in the 'Big 7' as a failure. We have better players than the likes of Everton.