Looking at the past

LeazesMag

You buy cheap, you buy twice.

One of my faves.

As I've gotten older life is more shades of grey than black and white. You realise everything is relative and nothing is certain.

And that very very little of it really matters.

It's why I can't understand things like the Rangers thread that's going on at the minute and the pages and pages that people are writing to try to "win". I just don't get how they care.

There's countless other examples on here of threads that have got stuck in similar grooves and it's like "Just walk away. None of this matters." At the very least, write less.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how much work I have on. I've got no problem spending a 7 hour day on here if it's quiet in the office.

Beats Freecell

Perhaps I should write the next great novel instead.

Aye same here.

Have you read it?

Have I fuck. I've not been reading any fiction for a while, been going through George Orwell's essays and I'm starting on the King James Bible, looking for loopholes as WC Fields said. As you may have noticed, I make an attempt to read proper books, not the absolute dross churned out by the likes of Dan Brown and this frustrated housewife or whoever the fuck wrote it. I heard about it via workmates who were joking about it. And I don't know why you'd assume I'd read a book containing marathon cunnilingus scenes--I don't need to read about that: my life has contained such moments, if only sporadically.

I made a decision when I was reading Gazza: My STory part 2* on the toilet a few years ago, to try and read proper books from then on. There was a passage where he was comparing Wayne Rooney to Lionel Messi. It went like this: "ah think Messi is like really good like, but the thing is, Wayne Rooney is really good as well, I think he's better actually, and he's English too, he's got the English passion ah can see it." I thought to myself, if a bolt of lightning hit me now as I sit on this toilet and I were to die instantly, I would die having read more shite books than I've read good books. I'd read Alan Shearer: the truth behind the goals, Kurt Cobain: Why I shot myself and the story behind Nirvana, and loads of other shite too. I'd read about 3 good books in my life. That had to change. And now it has. My reading level isn't great, but it's improved a lot. Orwell is my favourite.

*I got both books as gifts

Guest CabayeAye

Orwell's book of essays is a good start like. If you've read that, Animal Farm and 1984, then that's three good book right there for starters.

Can't imagine that Kurt Cobain book would be any good like. I think blowing his brains out took something away from his literary talents...

Orwell's book of essays is a good start like. If you've read that, Animal Farm and 1984, then that's three good book right there for starters.

Can't imagine that Kurt Cobain book would be any good like. I think blowing his brains out took something away from his literary talents...

I've read all of Orwell's books except The Clergyman's Daughter and Keep the Aspidistra Flying. I'll get a copy of his full works if I can find a decent one.

I was well into Nirvana when I was a teen. The book was by a PI who claimed that Courtney Love had murdered him. I can't really remember much more than that, I had a low reading level though. I read slowly now, but with good comprehension. The last fiction I read was the Great Gatsby which I really enjoyed. Don't think I'll bother with the latest film coming out.

I now spend my time on two home brew forums and it's quite refreshing having similar banter on here without the bitchiness or in house arguments that fester.

Still like to keep abreast of what's happening here but it's not too difficult to see why so many have moved on.

Wah

Love to know what Gemill is going to "grow into" in his fifties!

Will you be working harder and not scive as much?

This forum IMO self destructed in recent years with all the bitchiness however there are signs it could bounce back when the football season kicks off.

I now spend my time on two home brew forums and it's quite refreshing having similar banter on here without the bitchiness or in house arguments that fester.

Still like to keep abreast of what's happening here but it's not too difficult to see why so many have moved on.

:lol:

Missed this.

Has a dig at Gemma, slags off everyone on the board, says how much better another board is and then has the audacity to say the main problem on here is bitchiness.

Get her!

Why don't you have another pop at the photo of Gemmill as you go you self righteous pompouster.

Cheeky cath-word, you've some opinion considering you were lucky to be allowed back on here, and burnt you're bridges elsewhere

Tell you what say the word and i'll give you plenty of extra time to spend elsewhere and wipe your account for you.

Allowed back? I wasnt banished, I left and came back. If it it helps you get your rocks off feel free to wipe my account :lol:

:lol:

Missed this.

Has a dig at Gemma, slags off everyone on the board, says how much better another board is and then has the audacity to say the main problem on here is bitchiness.

Get her!

Why don't you have another pop at the photo of Gemmill as you go you self righteous pompouster.

Famous HF selective posting strikes again.

No pop at Gemmil, I was replying to his everyone over 45 should quietly leave the internet comment.

Slagged no one off but the infighting which I thought the majority were pissed off with, hence the new mods?

Says how another board is better due to the lack of the repetitive bitchiness.....That I thought we all hated, hence the new mods :lol:

I said the problem in the past had been the bitchiness and it was looking up now (since the new mods)

Nice slant though, even by your standards ;)