Nufc to be sold?

Kid Dynamite

Aye as reliable as the Arabian Gulfs first daily publication seems the £80m valuation seems very odd, wouldn't make much sense for Ashley to sell for a large loss after putting us into a far better position than when he first arrived.

The article says it would cost less than 80 million. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think he'd be looking for nearer the £400m he was after in 2008 tbh, with a playing staff worth easily £150m, a much enhanced stature and reputation, off the pitch very secure, I think he'd nearly be within his rights.

Dismissed. Nuke this thread from orbit mods.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/10/newcastle-united-takeover-talk-dismissed-72703-31368647/?

NEWCASTLE UNITED sources have tonight dismissed talk of a takeover from middle east investors.

Reports in the media in Kuwait claimed that Arabi Club's chairman Jamal Al-Kazemi was "seriously thinking of buying Newcastle United."

However, while the Magpies have a strict policy of not commenting on in public on such matters, the Chronicle understands that there has been "no offer or communication" with Mr Al-Kazemi.

The suggestion that United are available for under £80million is also thought to be inaccurate.

It is thought that owner Mike Ashley is still keen to stick to his business plan on Tyneside with his desire to keep on building at Newcastle underlined recently by his decision to hand out long-term contracts to key members of staff, including chief scout Graham Carr.

United also operate a policy to interested buyers which means they must first purchase a five year season ticket on an executive box to show they are genuine.

If only all Business deals could be like this.

Buyer: "Hi, I'm interested in buying your furniture Business and would maybe like to start negotiations with you about a price?"

Seller: "Sure, but can you buy a settee from my shop for the next 5 years so I know you're not taking the piss? Cheers."

original.jpg

"You cannot be serious!"

I think its more of a stance to ward off the dodgy characters who want to give themselves a bit of PR by playing Billy Big Balls.

We had a few a couple of years ago who were making claims about representing consortium etc. Nathan someone ???

EDIT: Chris Nathaniel. Quick google reveals he was charged with Murder last month!

Edited by Christmas Tree

Like anyone else selling a business, you ask for proof of funds, that should be enough.

At the same time, anyone with the money to buy the club shouldn't be too worried about putting down the money to buy a box for five years.

Of course they would want to sift out timewasters and bullshitters but asking them to buy a box for five years? Lets assume a potential buyer is not from Byker or West Denton, also assume they know as much about the likes of Kenny Wharton, Stan Seymour etc as I do about Mandarin dialect and phrases. Why would they want a box for five years if a deal fell through for whatever reason? It's overkill and offputting as well as insulting to a genuine potential buyer.

Also, imagine if a Barry Moat type COULD afford 5 years of executive boxes but COULD NOT afford to buy or run our club? I'd say the former would be more affordable, like.