2012-13 Home Kit

2bias

Surely the club shop could offer a shirt with stripes on the back for those who don't want to get a name and number? Everyone's a winner then. I remember the Asics shirt in '93 had stripes on the back and when I decided to get a name/number a couple of months down the line when I'd saved up my pocket money they added the patch along with the number. Not that I'd buy the new shirt either way to be honest though.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no PL requirement that says a club with stripes needs to add a patch. It's a decision made by the club.

as said, it depends on the colour of the numbers the club chooses to have

if we had red or blue or gold we wouldn't need a patch

Strange how some people would rather have a sh*t patch instead of stripes plus we have had red numbers throughout our history before the f*ckIng premier league.

We had red numbers at least as far back as the 50s. Probably before that too tbf.

Although tbh since 1987 we've had a patch more often than we haven't. Only times I can recall we had numbers and no patch are 1995-97 & 1999-2007.

Quite like it, think I'll be getting a Bafra one. :)

Also that trackie top is lush. I've been looking for a France one but might change my mind...let's not stand too close to each other at an away game, J69.

Strange how some people would rather have a shit patch instead of stripes plus we have had red numbers throughout our history before the fucking premier league.

Oh, why've had red numbers in the past?

Sorry, doesn't change my opinion one bit.

And that shield was fucking horrific. :lol:

Got a match-worn David Batty top in the hoose somewhere (adidas one with the shield on the back, the one after the Grandad collar).

:D Class. Got a Pedro match-worn one too (adidas 'denim' blue one that was the away top the 2nd season of the home grandad collar kit iirc). Forgot I had that. I think the last one I bought was the Asics home kit when we first came up. 2J blames that top for our relegation but we won't go into that.

The backs not pumas fault though, as long as we insist on black or white numbers the PL rules mean we have to have a patch

What box?

Bottom left, the spikes make a sort of box. Looks weird.

Guest CabayeAye

Hate that top.

On the other hand it was nice when adidas actually made bespoke kits for us.

Now they and Puma deal mainly with templates.

Completely agree. The 95-97 kits were head and shoulders above anything else. The puma kits have all been chavvy shite, apart from this year's purple kit.

I'm glad Shola is finally using his Jedi powers to full effect:

nufcfans_newcastle_united_home_kit_shola_ameobi_2012_13.jpg

Ball: "How long have you been at this club? Let me see your identification."

Shola: "You don't need to see my identification."

Ball: "We don't need to see his identification"

Shola: "You will go in the Mackem's net. I'm not the Mackem Destroyer you are looking for, I'll move along now."

Ball: "Ok, move along now, I'll go in the mackem's net. This isn't the Mackem Destroyer we are looking for."