Shooting in Denver

catmag

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't.

But what possible benefit would the " Authoritay" get from staging this ( and ,by your implication, past events like Columbine)?

Give me one credible explanation.

Your human rights and freedom mate.

Your human rights and freedom mate.

How does a staged massacre in America impinge upon my human rights and freedom?

Guns sales have increased in Colorado by 43% since last week's shootings. Because obviously the solution to gun crimes in America is to buy more guns

Colorado has 35% households with guns and the same population as Scotland near as makes no difference, and a similar murder rate. (This nutter may have scewed that a bit).

Louisianna has similar population (within 500K) to Colorado a marginally higher gun ownership (by 10%) but 5 times the murder rate of Colorado.

The solution to murder rates is a socio-economic thing, not simply just a guns or their proliferation thing and murder rates in the US have dropped 15% in the last 5 years.

Am off to Houston (we have a problem) on Saturday for 3 weeks, hope my fucking stats don't come back to bite me !!!!!!!

Eh?

Explain your last two posts.

( I have just had a rather satisfying dump btw, firm and cohesive with a satisfying point.…

I called it The Anti- Wolfy. )

Have as many shits as you want mate and you are welcome to use my name to describe them.

Colorado has 35% households with guns and the same population as Scotland near as makes no difference, and a similar murder rate. (This nutter may have scewed that a bit).

Louisianna has similar population (within 500K) to Colorado a marginally higher gun ownership (by 10%) but 5 times the murder rate of Colorado.

The solution to murder rates is a socio-economic thing, not simply just a guns or their proliferation thing and murder rates in the US have dropped 15% in the last 5 years.

Am off to Houston (we have a problem) on Saturday for 3 weeks, hope my fucking stats don't come back to bite me !!!!!!!

The problem is complex but do you at least acknowledge gun ownership is a contributory factor?

Had a lot of firearms training have you?

I've no problem with a population having guns, the Swiss have fuckloads, it's the type of guns that are readily available and to whom they are readily available, that is the problem.

Why does anyone need a fully automatic rifle? that's not self defence, that's wilful endangerment. Pro-gun people cite the constitution but don't even know the whole 2nd Ammendment which contextualises the statement. They also cite self defence, but I don't see many other 1st world countries reaching for the 12 bore revolver shotgun when someone breaks into their home.

It's just that they want guns, like children want something that is dangerous for them.

any pro-gun argument is, imo, retarded. You'll not clean the streets of guns in America if you're still selling guns without proper and prohibitive regulation.

Switzerland has a lower murder rate than the UK yet as you say is awash with guns.

You'll not clean the streets in the US of guns even with legislation it's way too late. Coincidently even since the ban on assault weapons over there lapsed (2006) murder rates have continued to drop. The majority of US murders via firearm are by handguns.

Wolfy bottles it.

No....

This is a football forum with made up names and words, there is no bottling anything fisty.

It isn't hard to figure out why the Government would use fear as a tactic is it.

Scotland has a much denser population spread though, doesn't it? So while you're right in that there's a similar number of people, they're spread a lot thinner. You put the same number of Coloradians(?) in a similar area and I reckon the access to guns would prove a decisive factor again.

I'll let you figure that out.

You've two options if you want to be taken seriously.

1. support your arguments

2. shut up

It's real simple.