Shooting in Denver

catmag

I often think that people in the US are more likely to end up brutally deranged because the society is so individualistic and lacks compassion. The psychological impact of how they organise themselves socially could potentially be a factor. There is no nanny state (which most of them love) but that means their care systems and social services can be non-existent. That helps to explain clearly the violence in working class (and lower) communities in the US but i also think that their middle class culture which is reflective of their overall culture alienates and isolates certain people and that turns around and bites them on the arse. Guns are an important part of the debate but Canada has more gun ownership but doesnt face the same issues.

which indicates ?

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? It doesn't contradict anything I've said. You still seriously proposing we stop gun control in this country do you can shoot burglars?

what would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and found someone burgling your house ? Ask them to go away or something ? You're mad.

He'd attack them with a rolled up copy of the Guardian. If push comes to shove, maybe kick one of his sandals off and go to town on the bloke.

Is that the answer you're looking for?

Two anedotes I've rehashed from memory about Americans from an old British soldier and a U-Boat crewman.

Tommy: "When the Germans shot you ducked. When we shot, the Germans ducked. When the Yanks shot everyone ducked."

Fritz: "We would sail off the coastline near New York down the Eastern seaboard, the American civilians would all drive out in their cars and face their headlights out to sea so they could try and spot U-Boats and also get a good view of any explosions going on off the coast. We would wait until enough cars turned their lights on and would then surface and torpedo all the ships their headlights silhouetted. We called this our Golden period when the US first entered the war as up to that point the British and Canadians had been starting to get on top of the Wolf Packs in the middle of the Atlantic and were taking a heavy toll on our boats."

No need for anecdotes. From the horses mouth, my grandfather who was in it : Without America we would have been fucked. And, the japs got what they deserved after what they did.

what would you do if you woke up in the middle of the night and found someone burgling your house ? Ask them to go away or something ? You're mad.

What would you do? And which scenario would you prefer, they possessed a legal gun or didn't. Have you thought this through?

No need for anecdotes. From the horses mouth, my grandfather who was in it : Without America we would have been fucked. And, the japs got what they deserved after what they did.

absolutely, whatever the yanks faults, it's a bit daft to blame them for all the world's ills.

What would you do? And which scenario would you prefer, they possessed a legal gun or didn't. Have you thought this through?

sadly, in such a scenario, time to think usually isn't an option. Most sensible people, rather than idealistic students, realise that.

Edited by LeazesMag

by the way, it's the death penalty for the bloke responsible for this massacre. No excuses, no buts, no question.

RIP all those killed.

by the way, it's the death penalty for the bloke responsible for this massacre. No excuses, no buts, no question.

That decision is going to be taken in consultation with the victims' families. Not on your say so.

In my opinion the Japanese were worse than the Germans. Nanking being the prime example.

sadly, in such a scenario, time to think usually isn't an option. Most sensible people, rather than idealistic students, realise that.

Not going to answer the question?

In my opinion the Japanese were worse than the Germans. Nanking being the prime example.

It's complicated, but to say civilians in Nagasaki in particular 'deserved it' is a bit sick, wouldn't you say?

That decision is going to be taken in consultation with the victims' families. Not on your say so.

hopefully there won't be too many ex students among them.

Edited by LeazesMag

I'm not saying that, but did the citizens of Dresden deserve it either? Both were cunts tricks by Allies, neither sets of civilians deserved it, only saying that I understand a serviceman of the time believing they did deserve it.

Struggling to answer still?

I'll give you my answer then. In the event I was burgled I'd prefer the burglar didn't have a gun. I'd also prefer for us to both be unarmed rather than both of us having guns. As I would never keep a gun by my bedside though, even if I lived in the US where the homicide rate is many times our own, the last scenario isn't going to happen. So legalisation of fire arms really isn't going to help me out much.

Your turn.

hopefully there won't be too many ex students among them.

You'd think you'd respect their wishes a bit more and not make such ridiculous flippant remarks in your desire for bloodlust. Especially since you support new laws which would clearly facillitate such tragedies in the future.

Struggling to answer still?

I'll give you my answer then. In the event I was burgled I'd prefer the burglar didn't have a gun. I'd also prefer for us to both be unarmed rather than both of us having guns. As I would never keep a gun by my bedside though, even if I lived in the US where the homicide rate is many times our own, the last scenario isn't going to happen. So legalisation of fire arms really isn't going to help me out much.

Your turn.

I'd prefer all burglars to be good boys, but unfortunately, they aren't.

I said "anything goes" by the way, not necessarily shoot them, if they smash their head in with a baseball bat, thats OK too, you should read properly, and I stand by that.