Shooting in Denver

catmag

Recognition of "the wild west" in shaping the culture seems to have lead to a desire to go back to those days.

Of course it would be a Hollywood version where everyone was a crack shot and the good guys always win and not reality where kids drown in pools of blood.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd prefer all burglars to be good boys, but unfortunately, they aren't.

I said "anything goes" by the way, not necessarily shoot them, if they smash their head in with a baseball bat, thats OK too, you should read properly, and I stand by that.

I wonder if that 82 year old in the Sun today wishes he had a gun after what the burglars...who wren't good boys apparently..did to him.

I wish he'd had a gun and used it.

if someone was shooting at me I would prefer the option to shoot back than do nothing

Had a lot of firearms training have you?

I've no problem with a population having guns, the Swiss have fuckloads, it's the type of guns that are readily available and to whom they are readily available, that is the problem.

Why does anyone need a fully automatic rifle? that's not self defence, that's wilful endangerment. Pro-gun people cite the constitution but don't even know the whole 2nd Ammendment which contextualises the statement. They also cite self defence, but I don't see many other 1st world countries reaching for the 12 bore revolver shotgun when someone breaks into their home.

It's just that they want guns, like children want something that is dangerous for them.

any pro-gun argument is, imo, retarded. You'll not clean the streets of guns in America if you're still selling guns without proper and prohibitive regulation.

Edited by The Fish

Had a lot of firearms training have you?

where have I suggested that?

Im not getting into the pro/anti gun politics and all that but I can understand, after an incident like this, that the reaction is a jump in the sales of something that would take the feeling of powerlessness out of that situation, that would make you feel more protected.

Ive not said anywhere that anyone needs or should own a fully automatic rifle either.

And how often do you think any of them take a gun to the cinema?

I'm willing to bet more people will do for a few months at least

Can you imagine what could have happened if everyone in the cinema had a gun? The confusion? It would have been like the OK Corral. Makes me laugh these people who feel safer carrying weapons.

Btw, can you legally bear firearms in a public cinema in Colarado? If not, are these people intending to break the law?

anyone can apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon http://www.denvergov.org/police/PoliceDepartment/ProgramsServices/ConcealedWeaponsPermits/tabid/441924/Default.aspx

I doubt theres a caveat in there that forbids you taking them to the cinema

Im not getting into the pro/anti gun politics and all that but I can understand, after an incident like this, that the reaction is a jump in the sales of something that would take the feeling of powerlessness out of that situation, that would make you feel more protected.

Ive not said anywhere that anyone needs or should own a fully automatic rifle either.

anyone can apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon http://www.denvergov...24/Default.aspx

I still think you have to be a security guard, private investigator or retired police officer to be granted a concealed weapons permit though. I might be wrong like

anyone can apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon http://www.denvergov...24/Default.aspx

You may say that you're not getting into the politics of it, but simply by not condemning the proliferation of arms in the States (or by arguing against those who are) you appear to support the right to bear arms.

Your reaction would lead to more deaths, not fewer. You wouldn't be safer, you'd just have the illusion of safety, which is frankly more dangerous.

It seems you have to have coloured hair now before you go on any rampage and once caught you have to appear in court looking like you have taken a couple of sleeves of sleeping tablets so they can assess your state of mind.

It makes no sense at all, all of this Denver carry on.

A medical student studies like a loony to gain his degrees whilst also amassing enough weaponry and ammo to make Rambo blush and is clever enough to be a loner whilst also magically producing bomb after bomb that is sophisticated and unlike others and manages to booby trap his apartment.

He then chooses a cinema to sit in a cinema first before he decides to leave by a fire exit, leaving it wedged open with enough time to kit himself out in full swat gear, arm himself to the teeth with guns and ammo and tear gas then run into a DARK cinema firing off shots in which his hit ratio is roughly 100% considering the witnesses said he fired about 70 rounds, wounding about 50 odd and killing 12 ????????

No officials bothered to check the fire exit while he was outside kitting up and no one in that car park seeing anything.

This person who is a medical student who probably didn't have two pennies to scratch his arse with manages all this without anyone having an inkling about it????

They say he tried for jobs at Macdonalds and what not, then decide to make him look like Ronald frigging Macdonald who also resembles the joker.

Something stinks about all this.

A badly made Hollywood Movie springs to mind here.

I've just looked up as well that prior to this happening, students were doing a mock up attack on something like this cinema shooting...now where have a I heard about these exercises before...hmmmm

I saw that wolfy had replied and thought "what bonkers shit will he say" and he didn't disappoint.

Are you actually implying this was a cull, of sorts?

I saw that wolfy had replied and thought "what bonkers shit will he say" and he didn't disappoint.

He never actually proposes alternative hypotheses, he merely points out the inconsistencies......

No mate I'm not saying anything was a cull, I'm saying it looks staged and the witnesses seem badly versed in scripture.

I could be totally wrong but everything leading up to it, especially the over the top one man army who is a supposed medical student just happening to be a crack shot hitting all of his target just about.

Babies in cinemas at midnight, plus toddlers.

Look at the footage of the witnesses and listen to them...it all looks staged to me, all of it and no one was harmed apart from special effect blood and fake bandaged wounds e.t.c.

Edited by wolfy

He's not a medical student Wolfy. Neuroscience phd student. Not that I'm bothered but you've made this point several times incorrectly.

Ok he's a neuroscience student and you have corrected me, cheers.

No one was harmed… apart from the dead people.

Keep taking the pills Wolfy, then have some more.

What I say is not set in stone, I'm putting a different slant on it and saying it could be staged as many things in the past have been staged events.

How come when something like this happens, there is always some kind of pre-drill of the very same scenario?

Ok he's a neuroscience student and you have corrected me, cheers.

It's not a conspiracy, real people were harmed and died , the presence of young children is not suspicious.

Man has been on the moon.

You need to smoke less dope and have more sex.

(If we're going to correct the loon , we'll correct him. )

It's not a conspiracy, real people were harmed and died , the presence of young children is not suspicious.

Man has been on the moon.

You need to smoke less dope and have more sex.

(If we're going to correct the loon , we'll correct him. )

How do you know it's not staged?