Shooting in Denver

catmag

From a quick scan that article didn't support your claim specifically about violent crime. If you think you can compare international crime stats like that you're pretty misguided in any case for a host of reasons. Gun crime and homicide rates are much lower in the uk in any case. UK more crime than South Africa? Has it crossed your mind the Mail might have put a spin on this? :)

but don't you have middle of the road political views, or is it a right wing rag rather than a left wing publication ? :lol:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find your argument is borderline deranged.

How hard is it to think that the issue is the propensity for a large number (by proportion) of a population to have the psyche to kill. Guns facilitate the "act" but what makes the person behind the gun into that type of person/nutter ???

There are millions upon millions of gun owners in the USA who don't kill people. I am not particularly arguing anything other than the simplistic "crazy yanks and their guns" line trotted out, is way too simplistic.

I find your argument is borderline deranged.

what he says is true though, and factual as well, whatever your superior intellect tells you.

Edited by LeazesMag

Could the issue of homicidal Americans and their guns lead to an unlikely but beautiful union between Leazes and TP?

Stay tuned to find out.

Edited by ewerk

Exactly. I get the impression TP wouldn't support a ban because he likes to 'pack lead' himself.

I think it is an infringement of my basic human rights NOT to be able to legally own a firearm.

(I do think sale of assault weapons and the like is daft mind).

Could the issue of homicidal Americans and their guns lead to an unlikely but beautiful union between Leazes and TP?

Stay tuned to find out.

it's OK for IRA terrorist scumbags to own weapons ?

I like how some people on here are quick to jump on the back of the USA, blaming them for all the worlds atrocities and condemning their cultures, but say absolutely fuck all about uncivilised cavemen in other parts of the world who slaughter innocent people and actually encourage the UK to take them into our country and tell us we have to put up with them spouting on about their "rights" etc. I actually agree with TP here, if someone wants to keep a gun for protection they should be allowed to do it and if anyone breaks into your house, for instance, they are fair game.

That stupid ignorant cunt somehow turning this conversation towards Muslims, not to mention making IRA comments out of nowhere. What a stupid prick.

:lol:

the hypocrisy is just too much.

Why? What makes it a basic human right?

Why isn't it my right to own a firearm should I so choose ?? The bad fuckers have them, why shouldn't I ??

I happen to enjoy shooting, range shooting, was in a rifle club when I was much younger (late teens), I also happened to be pretty good, I like pistol shooting, can't do it though unless I'm awa the water.

It's more a of a right than if I was a non UK citizen commiting a crime here, that carried a stiffer penalty "at home", not being deported because something bad might happen to him, he should have thought of that before he committed the crime.

If foreign johnny can play the human rights card, why the fuck can't I ???

you can delete that all you want leazes (edit > oh wait he reposted it)

"hypocrisy is the name of the game"

Ohhhhhh you mean nothing was said to ewerk about having a cheeky dig at your views?

Ewerk: please don't have a go at leazes about his views

Leazes: please don't encourage him by actually posting your completely ignorant and frankly fucking stupid comments, that post above doesn't even link in with the thread, fuck it barely ties the two parts of itself together,

"it's OK for IRA terrorist scumbags to own weapons ?"

i've absolutely no idea how you thought that was going to be contextly related to anything that was said so far or to you for that matter, let alone the rest of it.

I hope you are going to make the same sort of remarks towards every other post that is "hijacked".

FWIW, I said I agree with Toonpack to a degree, and I do. I don't see the difference between ANYBODY having guns, if it's OK for one person to have a gun/lethal weapon and/or kill innocent people then its OK for someone else too.

That is the point I'm making. You don't need to have a gun to be a killer, as has been pointed out.

And I don't even think the post is "hijacked" anyway, but the same person is still following me around it would appear, despite his insistence that he ignores me.

Edited by LeazesMag

Why isn't it my right to own a firearm should I so choose ?? The bad fuckers have them, why shouldn't I ??

I happen to enjoy shooting, range shooting, was in a rifle club when I was much younger (late teens), I also happened to be pretty good, I like pistol shooting, can't do it though unless I'm awa the water.

It's more a of a right than if I was a non UK citizen commiting a crime here, that carried a stiffer penalty "at home", not being deported because something bad might happen to him, he should have thought of that before he committed the crime.

why not indeed.

Guns don't kill people, nutters do. The nuclear codes should be available to all, with a button in every home....because nutters will do these things whether you restrict access to highly dangerous tools or not.

And that why the human race is doomed to fail.

Owning a gun is a human right :lol: fuck me gently

Can't you buy and keep a pistol at home in the UK then no ? Got a mate who goes game shooting and I'm sure he's got shotguns at home in a police-approved 'secure' cupboard . Why is it different with pistols ?

My uncle used to shoot at the range near Ponteland (?) and pretty sure all kit was kept at the club .

Personally I find it utterly incomprehensible that in America the kid was able to buy 2 pistols , a shotgun and an assault rifle, "human rights" or not .

Guns don't kill people, nutters do. The nuclear codes should be available to all, with a button in every home....because nutters will do these things whether you restrict access to highly dangerous tools or not.

Don't be fucking stupid

So you enjoy shooting as a sport? Has that been banned in the UK? As far as I'm aware that isn't illegal. There are still rifle clubs and everyone is free to apply for a shotgun or firearms license.

Though the fact that you place your 'right' to own a gun alongside inalienable human rights such as the right to life, freedom of thought and the right to equality should automatically preclude you from having one imo.

That fucker in Whitehaven had a police endorsed gun licence so even that system isn't infallible.

This argument that the bad people have them doesn't cut any ice with me - unless you want a return to some kind of American Wild West where everyone struts around town willing to draw when someone spills your pint.

Murder rates in the first world have massively reduced over the last 200 years and I'd like to think its because we've become more civisilised and recognised that the desire to solve disputes or protect possessions with violence via weapons has reduced. Of course one country bucks that trend. Funnily enough its also the country that jails more people than anyone else per capita and also the one that executes the most. This ruins the argument that deterrents work both on stopping criminals from carrying guns or indeed from using them.

As I said the US is fucked up when it comes to guns - the solutions aren't easy but as long as people equate them with human rights they're fucked.

Is it TP's human right to own a gun? Is it LM's? Is it my right to own a gun? What if I totally lose the plot with some fucker whilst pissed one night? What about your neighbour? What about the dodgy fucker round the corner? What about Abdul the bus driver in Oldham who sympathises with Islamist terrorists, is it his right? Does Brendan in Co. Tyrone have the right or Billy in Belfast? What about the 18 year old living with his mam and dad who's not quite mature yet and going through a 'phase' where he thinks he's unique? Or the Charva with no job who wants to show off in front of his mates?

I'd rather have the human right where none of the above are allowed a firearm thanks all the same.

So you enjoy shooting as a sport? Has that been banned in the UK? As far as I'm aware that isn't illegal. There are still rifle clubs and everyone is free to apply for a shotgun or firearms license.

Though the fact that you place your 'right' to own a gun alongside inalienable human rights such as the right to life, freedom of thought and the right to equality should automatically preclude you from having one imo.

UK law defines a "pistol" as a firearm with a barrel shorter than 30 cm or a total length of less than 60 cm[16] (this definition encompasses revolvers, revolving pistols). Only muzzle-loading pistols—including muzzle-loading revolvers—are permitted; in practice all such firearms use black powder—a Class 1 explosive—as the propellant. All other pistols are prohibited on the UK mainland, with some exceptions such as pistols used for the humane dispatch of injured animals (such as deer) and some historical firearms.

Specific models of blank-firing starting pistol that are "readily convertible" to fire live ammunition can also be banned. The Bruni Olympic .380 BBM blank-firing revolver was banned in 2010 on evidence that it was being illegally converted.[17]

[edit]Long-barrelled revolvers and pistols

"Long-barrelled revolvers" and "long-barrelled pistols" meeting specified criteria are not classified as prohibited pistols; it is legal, with a Class I Firearms Certificate, to own them. The barrel must be at least 30 cm long, and the firearm at least 60 cm long, which can be achieved by having a permanently attached extension to the grip or butt of the firearm. Single-shot firearms of any calibre, and semi-automatic pistols of .22 rimfire calibres, are permitted.

[edit]Target pistols

Aside from special temporary exemptions for major events such as the 2012 Olympics, pistol shooting for sporting purposes has been effectively banned since 1997. As a result, the GB pistol squad has to practice abroad.[18]

A few models of single-shot .22 calibre free pistol, as used in the 50m Olympic 'Free Pistol' match, have been produced to meet the "long-barrelled pistol" conditions. Some free pistols have removable stabiliser bars extending backwards to improve stability; the UK-legal models have been made with non-removable stabilisers to extend the dimensions, instead of contrived and non-functional grip extensions. An example is the Pardini K22 Longarm.[19]