Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few don't show up as they're still training, or start their events over the weekend and want to be fully prepared as the ceremony goes on past their bed time or something. They only expect about 50% of the team to show up, and if going would hinder their performance in any way then that's fair enough, really.

Aidan Burley MP

@AidanBurleyMP

Conservative Member of Parliament for Cannock Chase

Westminster/ Cannock Chase http://www.aidanburleymp.org

35m Aidan Burley MP ‏@AidanBurleyMP

Thank God the athletes have arrived! Now we can move on from leftie multi-cultural crap. Bring back red arrows, Shakespeare and the Stones!

55m Aidan Burley MP ‏@AidanBurleyMP

The most leftie opening ceremony I have ever seen - more than Beijing, the capital of a communist state! Welfare tribute next?

I think it's been mint.

Same here. Loved the NHS part in particular, which is no doubt what has pissed off that fucking Tory arsehole.

I watched it up until the beginning of the athletes' entrance. Having never seen an opening ceremony before I thought it was quite good, particularly the scene where the camera traveled from the start of the Thames right through London.