Leazes Mag

JawD

It's like at school, well my school always saw itself as the best comprehensive on Tyneside, we had pupils who were made "prefects". I was never one, I'd have told them to fuck off if they asked me. Basically their function was to tell tales, keep the peace and set examples. I saw many a good lad behave like a tit because of their new found powers, although I'm not saying this is entirely the same situation.

:lol:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound like Kevin Myles. Makes me laugh about you, some sort of tenth Dan, Bruce Lee as you are, so you go round with this cheeky persona on here. I haven't said LM or me for that matter are untouchable institutions, I just think a probation period for LM would've been better, or a vote amongst members.

You'll have to educate me re Kevin Myles, both google and wiki have drawn a blank. What makes ME laugh about you is you accuse me of being cheeky when you're effectively dictating in this thread what should be done about Leazes. You carry on as if it's widespread opinion when in fact it's just your own, plus perhaps a couple of others, the self appointed man of the people.

My infamous hobby has nothing to with any of the above or what I post, it's much more of an issue for people like you.

Is that why your post was missing the usual 'pipe down', 'little mug' etc that are typical of your posts to Andrew that would be thinly veiled violent threats if the idea of making them over the Internet wasn't so fucking stupid? Because you feel less able to

intimidate me with them, like you try (and fail anyway) to do with him?

@ CT. You're next Tubby. ;)

Actually I've grown to like you as a poster; you rarely let things get personal nowadays. I just have to grit my teeth in the politics thread.

Edited by Renton

Bottom line for me is that if the like of HF and JawD think the end had come then so be it. Obviously I have no idea what goes on in PM's or Twitter.

I see these two similar to fan reps on the board of NUFC

I'll have more time to work on that pub now.

You'll have to educate me re Kevin Myles, both google and wiki have drawn a blank. What makes ME laugh about you is you accuse me of being cheeky when you're effectively dictating in this thread what should be done about Leazes. You carry on as if it's widespread opinion when in fact it's just your own, plus perhaps a couple of others, the self appointed man of the people.

My infamous hobby has nothing to with any of the above or what I post, it's much more of an issue for people like you.

Is that why your post was missing the usual 'pipe down', 'little mug' etc that are typical of your posts to Andrew that would be thinly veiled violent threats if the idea of making them over the Internet wasn't so fucking stupid? Because you feel less able to

intimidate me with them, like you try (and fail anyway) to do with him?

No have you ever seen the scene from Raiders of the lost Ark in Egypt with Indiana Jones and the knife wielder? I'd just do that. The Kevin Myles reference is to do with his "breathtaking arrogance" line which he used about 200 times talking about Shepherd calling geordie women dogs. You used that phrase.

I'm not dictating anything at all, why would you say that? Also if I feel like telling you to pipe down I will you stupid cunt. I'm not dictating, I'm conveying my view which is this. Would you rather have someone who posts 20 brilliant things and 200 things which irritate and annoy you, or nothing brilliant at all and nothing of note or interest even in an offensive sense. Personally I'd rather have the warts and all poster.

@ CT. You're next Tubby. ;)

Actually I've grown to like you as a poster; you rarely let things get personal nowadays. I just have to grit my teeth in the politics thread.

Personally Ive tried to spot when a "discussion" is going South and try to ignore it rather than going in all guns blazing.

Of course it helps that I have been proven right more times than not and most realise now that Contrary was in fact Visionary.

I think a few others should learn the art of heated discussion without getting personal.

Personally Ive tried to spot when a "discussion" is going South and try to ignore it rather than going in all guns blazing.

Of course it helps that I have been proven right more times than not and most realise now that Contrary was in fact Visionary.

I think a few others should learn the art of heated discussion without getting personal.

the transformation begins...

What's your opinion Wolfy?

My opinion is simply that I don't like seeing anyone get banned and that includes anyone, even if they spent all day long having a go at myself, I would still hold that same thought.

You and Leazes obviously don't get along, I can see that and it appears not too many are keen on him.

From what I've seen of his posts (and granted I haven't been here long) he seems to me, that he's a straightforward poster who airs his views, which obviously won't be everyone's cup of tea.

My views, I know aren't everyone's cup of tea and I've had some decent digs at me lol but I'm fine with it all because it's just words.

It appears Leazes has been walking some kind of tightrope but I've never seen anything from him that makes him some evil troublemaker, all I've seen is tit for tat arguments.

He seems a good poster to me as do all who are posting regular, that I've seen, so how about creating a happy medium between you two as it's different outlooks and different mindsets that makes these boards interesting.

I used to bite when I first started using forums but now I take stuff in my stride and I'd FORUM shake anyone's hand if things got too heated and went haywire.

You as well as the others contribute well in here , I see that but so does Leazes and if it was you on the end of a ban, I'd say the same, or anyone else in that position because after all, no one's been stabbed or shot and it's just a spat that's got out of hand.

Just my thoughts.

Never had to put LM on ignore - his infamous rant posts are easy to spot and just scroll past - but the ignore function does work wonders. Had CT on ignore for more than a year now and trust me, my Toontastic viewing experience has been greatly enhanced.

I don't think the ban was necessary but I'm not exactly shedding tears over here. Although if LM driving off posters is a good reason to ban him, there's another obvious candidate on this board who has cost us Jimbo and Billy Castell, both of whom were better crack than he will ever be, so when is Stevie going to get the same treatment?

Never had to put LM on ignore - his infamous rant posts are easy to spot and just scroll past - but the ignore function does work wonders. Had CT on ignore for more than a year now and trust me, my Toontastic viewing experience has been greatly enhanced.

I don't think the ban was necessary but I'm not exactly shedding tears over here. Although if LM driving off posters is a good reason to ban him, there's another obvious candidate on this board who has cost us Jimbo and Billy Castell, both of whom were better crack than he will ever be, so when is Stevie going to get the same treatment?

There's loads of people on forums that are better craic than others in some people's eyes but it doesn't mean they are better craic to everyone.

What I'm saying is, everyone has their certain posters who interest them and not everyone is gonna be everyone else's cup of tea, yet this forum has an ignore button as you say, which a lot of forums do not, so any issues of dislike can easily be rectified with no one getting banned.

Just my opinion.

The board almost fails to function now with the loss of you, Jimbo and Billy, just so you know.

In all seriousness and fairness toontastic losing those three is like British football losing Forfar Athletic, Stranraer and Aberdeen. Billy being Aberdeen because at least he had a history of doing some good on occasion.

Billy left because of my comments about Steve Kean, I wasn't on the wind up, I find his treatment by the fans as being shocking to say the least, and his poor luck continued with Best fucking his knee yesterday. Football is a game of opinions, he couldn't take mine which says more about him than me. Jimbo, was part of the Trent Posse, didn't really contribute much to the football forum, and felt undermined when I was let back on two weeks after my suspension. Massively childish, nee loss anyway. ATP if he never posted again most people wouldn't notice, the only time I'd notice would be the missing defensive posts the next time there's a major terrorist atrocity.

Edited by McFaul