Rising stars

JawD

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That video is crap. :lol:

Beating two lumbering goons and spooning it straight at the keeper is hardly basis for all the Shane love. Especially when it was in a game that was lost.

Of course its not on its own, but backed up by the shift he usually puts in when called upon so far, is cause to be positive about him.

Has Sammy done that......... ;)

That video is crap. :lol:

Beating two lumbering goons and spooning it straight at the keeper is hardly basis for all the Shane love. Especially when it was in a game that was lost.

He beat four, and considering they had the seventh best defence in the league it's hardly worthy of ridicule. Spooned it? Put in a decent shot on his weaker foot.

Of course its not on its own, but backed up by the shift he usually puts in when called upon so far, is cause to be positive about him.

Has Sammy done that......... ;)

The best Sammy will be is a poor mans Ketsbaia, and that's a poor man. He has no idea what he's going to do when he gets the ball, seem many players like him down the years, looks alright rolling the ball under his foot like a fanny, but when you want him to deliver like a proper footballer i.e Shearer, there's little evidence he can. I could've scored that goal at Scunthorpe before anyone says it.

The London Metro, perhaps not the most reliable source, are reporting this morning that Debucy will join us this week and West Ham have agreed a deal for Carroll but he wants to stay and fight for his place.

The best Sammy will be is a poor mans Ketsbaia, and that's a poor man. He has no idea what he's going to do when he gets the ball, seem many players like him down the years, looks alright rolling the ball under his foot like a fanny, but when you want him to deliver like a proper footballer i.e Shearer, there's little evidence he can. I could've scored that goal at Scunthorpe before anyone says it.

I think its a bit unfair to write him off this early Stevie. His end product is on par with alot of players of his age. Hopefully it'll improve with age, not saying it will, you could be right. But I think its too early to say.

Vuckic is far from shite, he's a technician he looks about 30 but he is in fact 19 years of age. He needs regular football, and there are not many footballers capable of what he did against WBA at home in the whole Premiership,

Mind's a blank, remind me what he did?

I've played against Sammy a few times when I was a bit younger and I know people who have played with him a lot and both I and they always thought he was crap. He's obviously improved a hell of a lot since then but I'd still be very surprised if he has a long career in the Premiership, looks uncomfortable and gangly on the ball to me. I also think he'll need to get a lot stronger to compensate for his height when running with the ball. Hope he proves me wrong though cause he seems a good lad and clearly has some raw ability.

For all the 'football' stick CT gets I'd agree with him and favour Ferguson over Sammy as the better prospect out the two. It's a shame the kid had a bad injury in the last pre-season after getting to the fringes of our side.

In the past when we've had a good batch of players come through it's usually been when we've been shite, had loads of injuries and no money to spend so it was easier for the kids to get a game as our options were limited. If we get three or so getting real game time through the cup competitions we'll have done ok. It really is their chance to grow and they have to take it. Regarding Gosling, never seen him play for Everton and he was meant to be a good prospect and they were a bit miffed to lose him, thing is we bought him after he'd been injured for a while and I think we basically took a punt on a clause in his contract and hoped for the best. The kid isn't up to it anymore at this level if he ever was.

Think he would play the Jonas role well in the 433. Has the energy, tackling and forward play. (Not saying that he should start ahead of Jonas (yet))

Central midfield? Not seen enough of him yet to see if he can keep possession turning over like Jonas.

Think he would play the Jonas role well in the 433. Has the energy, tackling and forward play. (Not saying that he should start ahead of Jonas (yet))

CT. My man. What is this shit?

CT. My man. What is this shit?

Surely following an exchange of posts is not beyond you?

Myself and Jonathan were discussing whether young Mr Fergusons best position is as a left back or left winger. My view was that he may be able to play the jonas role in the 433 (I'll assume you know what that is).

I say this as a lot of the times he has been brought on he looks as though he has come on with that very instruction defensive cover first and an outlet to relieve pressure and link up attack second. (Which he has usually carried out fairly well).

If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to contact me. :)

Edited by Christmas Tree