Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The posts in the very first thread you started. The majority are deleted, only showing in the quotes of others

Oh yeah I know what you mean.

The reason I deleted all of my posts was because I had just joined the forum and got a nice frosty welcome for my topic and I reasoned that being a newbie to this forum I must be deemed as far too forward simply posting up a topic as if I was a seasoned poster.

I could see it getting a bit heated and I didn't know anything about the admin and how they might deal with someone being as forward as I was, so to save anyone from getting further wound up, I deleted all my posts and gave up on the thread.

I've been on here long enough now to know that the admin and mods are a fair bunch and it's a decent board for craic, even amid all the digs, which is fair game to me.

So there's your answer.

Oh yeah I know what you mean.

The reason I deleted all of my posts was because I had just joined the forum and got a nice frosty welcome for my topic and I reasoned that being a newbie to this forum I must be deemed as far too forward simply posting up a topic as if I was a seasoned poster.

I could see it getting a bit heated and I didn't know anything about the admin and how they might deal with someone being as forward as I was, so to save anyone from getting further wound up, I deleted all my posts and gave up on the thread.

I've been on here long enough now to know that the admin and mods are a fair bunch and it's a decent board for craic, even amid all the digs, which is fair game to me.

So there's your answer.

I'm confused, you thought the 17 page thread in which admin and mods posted throughout would be inappropriate so you deleted all of your contributions, rather than ask the mods or admin what they thought and whether they could remove the whole thing?

Then, after that, you've replied in the same way through numerous other threads?

This behaviour is odd.

I'm confused, you thought the 17 page thread in which admin and mods posted throughout would be inappropriate so you deleted all of your contributions, rather than ask the mods or admin what they thought and whether they could remove the whole thing?

Then, after that, you've replied in the same way through numerous other threads?

This behaviour is odd.

Well I'm an odd person aren't I , so that shouldn't surprise you.

Well I'm an odd person aren't I , so that shouldn't surprise you.

I don't believe you deleted them for fear of offending/upsetting people. I believe you deleted them because you're embarrassed about being so easily made to look foolish (probably why you've taken to posting these "wacky" replies as if by wearing that tag deliberately it can't be used against you)

I don't believe you deleted them for fear of offending/upsetting people. I believe you deleted them because you're embarrassed about being so easily made to look foolish (probably why you've taken to posting these "wacky" replies as if by wearing that tag deliberately it can't be used against you)

If you can seriously explain to me how I can look foolish on a football message board against people with names like, The Fish and such like, then I'm all internet ears. ;)

If you can seriously explain to me how I can look foolish on a football message board against people with names like, The Fish and such like, then I'm all internet ears. ;)

Regardless of the names of the people, the stage on which you say it, it's the words that make you foolish. The resistance to reason, the inability to follow you own arguments... that's what makes you look foolish.

Regardless of the names of the people, the stage on which you say it, it's the words that make you foolish. The resistance to reason, the inability to follow you own arguments... that's what makes you look foolish.

I think I follow my own arguments quite well. If I look foolish to people then I have no control over that but it's quiet where I'm sitting and I don't hear anyone calling me a fool.

I do see people calling me it but I've got broad shoulders and an appetite for playing it. :taunt:

I think I follow my own arguments quite well. If I look foolish to people then I have no control over that but it's quiet where I'm sitting and I don't hear anyone calling me a fool.

I do see people calling me it but I've got broad shoulders and an appetite for playing it. :taunt:

Well you don't because you say the sun's heat can radiate through space, but heat from a satellite can't

triangulation is possible for things on the planet, but you can't use the same process to gauge the distance of things off the planet

Well you don't because you say the sun's heat can radiate through space, but heat from a satellite can't

triangulation is possible for things on the planet, but you can't use the same process to gauge the distance of things off the planet

The suns heat can radiate through space until it hits out atmosphere and agitates it, giving us the heat we feel.

Satellites are inside a vacuum and cannot push heat away unless there was a fan inside, which we all know a fan is no use in a vacuum. The heat they radiate would be around itself, meaning it stays and builds up and builds up until component failure but it's all irrelevant because there are no man made objects in space anyway, nor has there ever been.

The suns heat can radiate through space until it hits out atmosphere and agitates it, giving us the heat we feel.

Satellites are inside a vacuum and cannot push heat away unless there was a fan inside, which we all know a fan is no use in a vacuum. The heat they radiate would be around itself, meaning it stays and builds up and builds up until component failure but it's all irrelevant because there are no man made objects in space anyway, nor has there ever been.

... What is the Sun in, if not the same vacuum of space?

... What is the Sun in, if not the same vacuum of space?

The Sun is a ball of fire, it's meant to do what it does, which is, give heat out that keeps us all alive on this planet.

A satellite cannot dissipate it's heat away fast enough in a vacuum, which means a burn out of components.

Like I said, it's all irrelevant because there are no satellites in space anyway.

The Sun is a ball of fire, it's meant to do what it does, which is, give heat out that keeps us all alive on this planet.

A satellite cannot dissipate it's heat away fast enough in a vacuum, which means a burn out of components.

Like I said, it's all irrelevant because there are no satellites in space anyway.

There's just a fundamental lack of understanding about the physics of a vacuum that you don't get. I suggest reading up on it. Not Satellites, not Space Travel, just the physics of a vacuum.

There's just a fundamental lack of understanding about the physics of a vacuum that you don't get. I suggest reading up on it. Not Satellites, not Space Travel, just the physics of a vacuum.

I don't need to read up on it.

A vacuum is empty space virtually. Heat can dissipate from it if it's not shielded. Like a light bulb, we can feel the heat from it because it's glass, yet it can dissipate it's heat because it's got an atmosphere around the outside of it regardless of it being a vacuum inside of it.

In a vacuum flask, it is coated in reflective silver, so heat stays inside the thermos and cannot get out because it's blocked. The only reason your coffee/tea goes cold over time is because of the stopper, plus the top portion (neck) being connected.

They supposedly shield satellites in tin foil which is even more stupid because they basically kill off any chance of any heat escaping but if a satellite was in space, it can't radiate heat away anything like it could against an atmosphere and would simply burn out.

In a vacuum flask, it is coated in reflective silver, so heat stays inside the thermos and cannot get out because it's blocked. The only reason your coffee/tea goes cold over time is because of the stopper, plus the top portion (neck) being connected.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Really is that what you believe?

I don't need to read up on it.

A vacuum is empty space virtually. Heat can dissipate from it if it's not shielded. Like a light bulb, we can feel the heat from it because it's glass, yet it can dissipate it's heat because it's got an atmosphere around the outside of it regardless of it being a vacuum inside of it.

They supposedly shield satellites in tin foil which is even more stupid because they basically kill off any chance of any heat escaping but if a satellite was in space, it can't radiate heat away anything like it could against an atmosphere and would simply burn out.

So by your own admission the satellites can dissipate their heat.

Glad we sorted that out.

So by your own admission the satellites can dissipate their heat.

Glad we sorted that out.

Satellites do not exist in space but if they did, they would dissipate their heat only around their own components, meaning it would build up and up until burnout which would be fairly quick. Edited by wolfy

Satellites do not exist in space but if they did, they would dissipate their heat only around their own components, meaning it would build up and up until burnout which would be fairly quick.

you just said that "A vacuum is empty space virtually. Heat can dissipate from it if it's not shielded." So the parts of the satellite that are not "shielded" radiate the heat into the vacuum of space.

you just said that "A vacuum is empty space virtually. Heat can dissipate from it if it's not shielded." So the parts of the satellite that are not "shielded" radiate the heat into the vacuum of space.

The parts of the satellite would radiate the heat around it's own components which means it would simply build up as it cannot dissipate it's heat away fast enough, unless it had a fan and we know a fan is useless in a vacuum.

Peanuts are lovely.

True but

In a vacuum flask, it is coated in reflective silver, so heat stays inside the thermos and cannot get out because it's blocked.

But believing "reflective silver coating" is why the heat stays inside a vacuum thermos Is a completely different matter.

The parts of the satellite would radiate the heat around it's own components which means it would simply build up as it cannot dissipate it's heat away fast enough, unless it had a fan and we know a fan is useless in a vacuum.

No, the satellite would radiate heat into the vacuum of space. What about this aren't you understanding? :lol: