Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

Pluto's still there, it's just been recategorised in the solar system taxonomy. Does the fact science evolves bother you? This is the point!

I've given but four facts that anyone, armed with a small telescope, could use to show your geocentric theories are wrong. There are literally millions of amateur astronomers who could prove your theories right, but they don't. Why not? And why don't you buy a telescope and check it out for yourself?

You cannot prove the Earth spins by using a telescope. People seem to have lost the ability to believe what their own minds and bodies tell them.

If you are walking about on Earth and you don't feel like you are spinning, then there;s a very high probability that you are not spinning.

Why?

Because what you have been told is a made up theory that it does spin when In my honest opinion it is stationary.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a mint video....especially the onboard camera at 3 minutes....

[media=]

[/media]

Obviously, rather than wanting to enjoy the hobby of amateur space exploration, the only logical explanation is they took the time and money to buy all the equipment, selotape it together so it looked good, drive out into the desert and then apply world class computer graphics.

Or as lazier trolls than you would say...."photoshopped"!

I'm not discounting high altitude rockets, I'm discounting rockets that actually leave our atmosphere.

What value is your opinion when you simply ignore contrary facts? Gallileo worked out hundreds of years ago that hypotheses have to backed with observations, throwing out much of the received wisdom of the time from Greek philosophers in the process.

You're basically saying btw that either I am a liar or I have been duped throughout my educational and career life, yet you're not even willing to look at the sky yourself. You have a closed mind.

Don't think he's listenened to the Melvyn Bragg show on Skeptism i linked to yet.

You're a great philosopher Wolfy. Like my 5 year old who asks a question and then asks "why?" after any and every answer I can possibly give, no matter how detailed.

What makes a sceptic though.

There's a number of reasons why anyone can become a sceptic and it can all start from being a kid.

When I was a kid, I was told to go to sleep or Santa wouldn't bring my presents... I wasn't sceptical because my Mother and Father told me this is what would happen.

As I got older, started to see and hear little snippets about Santa no being real and it was simply just my Mother and father buying me presents and giving all the credit to Santa for delivering them. So I became very sceptical until finally I realised that Santa was indeed just made up for certain and wasn't this magical flying bundle of fun with massive full sack. lol

The same with the tooth fairy,

As I grew up and got married and had kids, I didn't tell my kids that Santa wasn't real, I just went along with how it was always done and bullshitted them that he was real because it added to their excitement and it was great watching their faces beam.

Later on, they realised Santa wasn't real.

As I got older and seeing the things that the news was portraying, I wasn't sceptical, I just took it from face value until , funnily enough the moon landing stories started coming out , so I decided to take an interest in it all and went over and over many aspects of it, before I came to the conclusion that what I believed was real, was in-fact a monumental hoax.

When I view anything now, I always view it from a sceptics point of view until I'm convinced that everything is in order in my mind.

I've seen that much bullshit delivered by the media lately that it's hard to think what is actually the truth and I find very little of any big story is the truth and at best it only appears to be a half truth with the rest fabricated.

That's just the way I think but as I've said, it doesn't mean I'm 100% correct of everything and if someone can 100% prove to me that I am actually wrong in my judgement of anything I'd happily accept that as long as I can't at least give an answer.

More often than not though...my mental state seems to be the order of the day to a few people and yet they use this to tell me I'm wrong lol.

I like the story of the skeptic on that podcast who was SO skeptical he ignored EVERYTHING around him. Crossing roads without following the green cross code, walking towards cliff edges without concern. Apparently he had some mates that would save his life every time he endangered himself.

Lived to his 80s

:lol:

You should follow that example Citizen Smith.

What value is your opinion when you simply ignore contrary facts? Gallileo worked out hundreds of years ago that hypotheses have to backed with observations, throwing out much of the received wisdom of the time from Greek philosophers in the process.

You're basically saying btw that either I am a liar or I have been duped throughout my educational and career life, yet you're not even willing to look at the sky yourself. You have a closed mind.

I cannot call you a liar, no more than you can call me a liar.

You believe what you have read and been tutored in and I believe in my own theories.

I am open minded enough to listen to anyone's theories but if I have an alternative that can equally be possible then do I accept what they tell me or hang on to the theory I believe.

If I'm closed minded then you are closed minded to be fair.

I like the story of the skeptic on that podcast who was SO skeptical he ignored EVERYTHING around him. Crossing roads without following the green cross code, walking towards cliff edges without concern. Apparently he had some mates that would save his life every time he endangered himself.

Lived to his 80s

You should follow that example Citizen Smith.

I cross the road by using my own vision and hearing, plus feet and manage quite well. If I decide to wear ear plugs and close my eyes, then cross the road, I'm simply taking a risk.

If I stand on a cliff edge, I will do my utmost to make sure it looks safe, making sure there is no strong winds and no slippy surfaces. If I was there with my mates, I would stand behind them to assure myself that they can't play a little nudging prank that could go wrong, thus ensuring my chances of getting off alive as being excellent.

I cross the road by using my own vision and hearing, plus feet and manage quite well. If I decide to wear ear plugs and close my eyes, then cross the road, I'm simply taking a risk.

If I stand on a cliff edge, I will do my utmost to make sure it looks safe, making sure there is no strong winds and no slippy surfaces. If I was there with my mates, I would stand behind them to assure myself that they can't play a little nudging prank that could go wrong, thus ensuring my chances of getting off alive as being excellent.

Part time skeptic tbh

Were the two shuttles taking off in the film Armageddon real?

If you think NO, then there's your answer to this take off and every other shuttle take off.

The shuttle is just a gimmick .

The film Armageddon made half a billion dollars for the its makers...and didn't even look real.

What logical reason was there for going to the expense of creating the video I posted of the shuttle, which looks better despite being created decades earlier?

I cannot call you a liar, no more than you can call me a liar.

You believe what you have read and been tutored in and I believe in my own theories.

I am open minded enough to listen to anyone's theories but if I have an alternative that can equally be possible then do I accept what they tell me or hang on to the theory I believe.

If I'm closed minded then you are closed minded to be fair.

How? I believe things through evidence; you've provided none. Your beliefs come from intuition which is shown to be wrong because humans are fallible animals. In fact the Universe is quite a counterintuitive and paradoxical place. The fact your closed mind can't grasp this is your failing, not mine.

The film Armageddon made half a billion dollars for the its makers...and didn't even look real.

What logical reason was there for going to the expense of creating the video I posted of the shuttle, which looks better despite being created decades earlier?

The expense of creating that video of the shuttle that you put up is pennies compared to how much the tax payers believe they have contributed to it being real.

Remember...if you are going to take tax payers cash for space exploration and putting up shittallites then you have to keep up the ruse to show the public how their money is being spent and how the country is way ahead in cutting technology.

It's like wanting to be a hard man in life with a reputation you don't deserve(not you by the way, I'm simply saying in general)... You talk the talk and blag your way through it, then as time goes on, you know you have to keep up the pretence, yet at some stage you know you are going to get found out, so you have to slowly back away from it, telling anyone who wants to listen, just how you have calmed down and are now an ordinary lad who hates trouble...

I know what you're thinking here... what's this got to do with shuttles and such.

Well , look at America now...they talked the talk and appeared to walk the walk but know they are close to being pulled up about it all..so, they tone it all down and pass it on to others to take the mantle.

They have shut the shuttle program down and are going to shut the ISS down (said tongue in cheek)

Now anyone who questions anything, they merely say, "oh that was then and it's old hat and we don;t want to discuss it"

Basically just like they were questioned on the Apollo program and sceptics wanted to see the diagrams of the LM and Moon buggy and such and how the ORIGINAL drawings were made..

Guess what! They managed to lose them..can you believe, the supposed biggest achievement of man kind and N.A.S.A lose the designs and blueprints. lol

I'd say, you couldn't make this up but they clearly have.

Wolfy, just to be clear, you think the 130+ Space shuttle launches were fake too?

All the Russian ones too, Mir, Sputnik, Luna....all fake?

Did you miss his inaugorory thread? He doesn't believe in satellites per se. Also the Earth is the centre of the Universe and the stars are merely lights on a shell rotating around us.

How? I believe things through evidence; you've provided none. Your beliefs come from intuition which is shown to be wrong because humans are fallible animals. In fact the Universe is quite a counterintuitive and paradoxical place. The fact your closed mind can't grasp this is your failing, not mine.

The only evidence you have is what you are told to believe and books that keep on telling you that this is the way it is and was. There's a lot of science I can't grasp but I can grasp when I'm being bullshitted by the media and scientists telling me that cardboard and tin foil kiddy contraptions can land on the moon and ascend from the moon by splitting in half to about the size of a small car and escape the moon and dock with another piece of junk looking craft.

They land a supposed Lunar lander on the moon with this rocket nozzle on the bottom, yet they take off from the moon in something I can only describe as an old kettle with no nozzle at all on it.

How in the hell do people swallow this crap.

I'd say, you couldn't make this up but they clearly have.

They really sold it too. With hundreds upon hundreds of missions, space stations that were visited by many nations, thousands of people working on the program euither none the wiser, or keeping schtum, tens of thousands of people there to watch every launch in person, members of the public going to space themselves on commercial flights, paying millions for the honour, but kindly going along with the ploy when told they couldn't actually go to space.

I wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to gather the extra 10 cents a person tax it pulled in and just say it was for the military.

Wolfy, just to be clear, you think the 130+ Space shuttle launches were fake too?

All the Russian ones too, Mir, Sputnik, Luna....all fake?

Every proposed massive rocket taking satellites and man from a launch pad are absolutely fake yes.

Rockets do take off but they are simply scale replicas of one big mock up rocket built for show.

Just take a look at how those rockets manage to stay upright on the launch pad, and think of the weight they tell us they weigh and ask yourself...what actually keeps these things upright.

Also, have a close look at what's holding the shuttle up...have a real good look at how that shuttle is all attached and the fuel tanks as well.

You couldn't hold something that big, upright if it was real.

To me, it's so fake that it's laughable when you take the time to actually get past thinking of N.A.S.A magic.

The only evidence you have is what you are told to believe and books that keep on telling you that this is the way it is and was. There's a lot of science I can't grasp but I can grasp when I'm being bullshitted by the media and scientists telling me that cardboard and tin foil kiddy contraptions can land on the moon and ascend from the moon by splitting in half to about the size of a small car and escape the moon and dock with another piece of junk looking craft.

They land a supposed Lunar lander on the moon with this rocket nozzle on the bottom, yet they take off from the moon in something I can only describe as an old kettle with no nozzle at all on it.

How in the hell do people swallow this crap.

Emotive language but not a scrap of evidence that Apollo didn't take place. You're all bluster with no evidence.

You're not a sceptic either. I'm a professional sceptic as it happens. I'd describe you as extremely gullible regarding conspiracy websites.

Edited by Renton