Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

You're confusing science with religion. Science questions everything until a proof is in place. Theories are constantly scrutinized for evidence/proof either way and anyone is invited to submit reasoning to support or disprove a theory. You'd only be ridiculed if you weren't equipped with the reasoning skills or knowledge of the technicalities to back up your thesis better than the other experts

Only last week I heard about some tramp in London (I think) who had solved some age old problem economists had struggled with for decades. Wish I could remember where i heard about him, or his name, it was very interesting.

if so it'll become apparent soon enough, hes never been able to control himself long enough to stay under the radar

Anything you require from me to prove who I am, just ask.

I'm from Hartlepool and if anyone wants to ask me about Hartlepool, even anything remote, ask away and I will oblige.

Anyone can ask me anything but just to make sure I can't use a google search to back anything up, ask me something that I cannot find in google, even if it's something you have seen whilst visiting Hartlepool.

Anything else you need to know, I'm more than willing to share as I have nothing to hide.

We do all that perfectly well on Earth with transmitters and various other ways, even bouncing signals from the atmosphere and such.

Seems unlikely. You'll be claiming they bounce lasers off mirrors on the moon next.

Absolutely not.

Let's PRETEND satellites are up there for our dear sky telly..What would be their objective?

The simple answer is... they would merely be an object to catch a signal from Earth and rebound it down to another part of Earth from where the sky broadcasting stations are .

That's all their function would be.

We do all that perfectly well on Earth with transmitters and various other ways, even bouncing signals from the atmosphere and such.

The simple answer is, there are no magical man made chunks of metal whizzing about up- there, unless they are in our atmosphere under propulsion or held up by helium balloons e.t.c. (in my opinion)

I'm not sure I understand how Sky transmit a signal from St James park to Australia in an instant. I thought they had satellite/production trucks at the ground, I've not seen a transmittor built on Barrack Road. Can you explain?

:lol:

You're confusing science with religion. Science questions everything until a proof is in place. Theories are constantly scrutinized for evidence/proof either way and anyone is invited to submit reasoning to support or disprove a theory. You'd only be ridiculed if you weren't equipped with the reasoning skills or knowledge of the technicalities to back up your thesis better than the other experts

Only last week I heard about some tramp in London (I think) who had solved some age old problem economists had struggled with for decades. Wish I could remember where i heard about him, or his name, it was very interesting.

Correct, science is all about theories on anything to do with science and to test those theories out to see if they work.

Most of us do not know the thought that goes into much of the technology we have today as in microwaves and what not, yet we can accept them because we know those microwave ovens heat out food up.

I don't question it because I have no need to.

What I do question, as I have said many times before, is, things shown to us or told to us that do not make logical sense and holes can be picked in what we are told.

A scientists' theory put forward by him will make any theory of mine look absolutely stone age because like a clever salesman, he is versed in how he puts out his info, where I keep what I say very simple, without the use of head busting shoehorned maths to make a point.

For people to believe what is the right answer to anything, they have to accept which theory fits best, which means, applying your own thoughts instead of blindly accepting what a man in a suit tells you whilst discounting the man in tracksuit bottoms and a T,shirt.

A scientists' theory put forward by him will make any theory of mine look absolutely stone age because like a clever salesman, he is versed in how he puts out his info, where I keep what I say very simple, without the use of head busting shoehorned maths to make a point.

For people to believe what is the right answer to anything, they have to accept which theory fits best, which means, applying your own thoughts instead of blindly accepting what a man in a suit tells you whilst discounting the man in tracksuit bottoms and a T,shirt.

Sorry Wolfy, but that is so arrogant its beyond comprehension. You're saying that the main difference between yourself and professional scientists who have made it their life's work to study in their field, dedicating their time and effort into attempting to strengthen modern thought, is their scientific jargon that veils their ignorance? Fucking hell man, have a word.

Edited by ADP

I'm not sure I understand how Sky transmit a signal from St James park to Australia in an instant. I thought they had satellite/production trucks at the ground, I've not seen a transmittor built on Barrack Road. Can you explain?

You watch Athletics right?

You know what the 4x100 metre relay is.

Now picture the first runner on the track and that track as being Earth. Your first runner is your TV transmitter from St.James'park, now he goes and passes that baton onto the next runner, who is the next relay transmitter and so on and so on, until it reaches the last man and there you have it. RELAYS.

It might be a little bit more complicated than that but I'm basically keeping it all simple as I believe everything in life is simple, it's only the mind that can make it appear difficult and how we decipher any information we receive.

That's what makes us all unique.

Correct, science is all about theories on anything to do with science and to test those theories out to see if they work.

Most of us do not know the thought that goes into much of the technology we have today as in microwaves and what not, yet we can accept them because we know those microwave ovens heat out food up.

What I do question, as I have said many times before, is, things shown to us or told to us that do not make logical sense and holes can be picked in what we are told.

Much like you can engage in science by microwaving your bachelors super noodles, you could build a rocket that will reach space in your garage....

http://izismile.com/2011/10/12/homemade_rocket_that_traveled_to_outer_space_47_pics.html

You don't have to accept anything from anyone to reject geocentrism. Retrograde motion of planets, parallax, phases of Venus, and Jovian satellites all disprove it. Since when has being open minded meant denying the facts in front of your face? This is what science is about, supporting hypotheses with empirical facts. You seem to be struggling to get this.

Don't think he's listenened to the Melvyn Bragg show on Skeptism i linked to yet.

You're a great philosopher Wolfy. Like my 5 year old who asks a question and then asks "why?" after any and every answer I can possibly give, no matter how detailed.

Sorry Wolfy, but that is so arrogant its beyond comprehension. You're saying that the main difference between yourself and professional scientists who have made it their life's work to study in their field, dedicating their time and effort into attempting to strengthen modern thought, is their scientific jargon that veils their ignorance? Fucking hell man, have a word.

Not at all.

This world is teeming with scientists as we are all scientists. It just so happens that some people grasp things faster than others and have a far better patience threshold than other and can actually spend years experimenting on one specific problem. These people tend to become stuck in their own field and isolated from normal life due to their persistence in solving something they are constantly theorising on.

You also have your other scientists who are there to TRAIN the mind of young University students and are basically canvassing what they themselves have been taught by the canvassers before them...basically they live on the theories they were taught and now expect you to do the same.

The simple scientists are ourselves who solve everyday problems, something as simple as how can we solve this fly in the house problem or whatever.

The point I was making was, if someone came to your door selling you an item, which one are you most likely to buy from (assuming the item was the same price from both)...the man in the smart suit or the man in tracksuit bottoms and a T.shirt.

Most people are going to say the man in the suit and basically that's how life works as well.

You're a great philosopher Wolfy. Like my 5 year old who asks a question and then asks "why?" after any and every answer I can possibly give, no matter how detailed.

Why?

I don't believe anything man made can exit our atmosphere, at least not what we have possessed or what we posses now.

'Belief' again. This a requirement of religion, not science. Ironically you are actually very closed minded.

You don't have to accept anything from anyone to reject geocentrism. Retrograde motion of planets, parallax, phases of Venus, and Jovian satellites all disprove it. Since when has being open minded meant denying the facts in front of your face? This is what science is about, supporting hypotheses with empirical facts. You seem to be struggling to get this.

I'm not struggling to get anything.

I trust what I see and I trust what I perceive from what I see.

I have a difficult time believing in magic but I accept that sleight of hand makes many tricks look like magic and that's what our understanding of space is based on as far as I'm concerned.

When you run out of ideas to amaze your public, use sleight of hand magic new magic tricks.

You know..something like..tell the public that we have a found a new planet that's 600 light years away that can support life, forgetting that it wasn't that long ago, they decided that Pluto wasn't actually really a planet.

I'm not struggling to get anything.

I trust what I see and I trust what I perceive from what I see.

I have a difficult time believing in magic but I accept that sleight of hand makes many tricks look like magic and that's what our understanding of space is based on as far as I'm concerned.

When you run out of ideas to amaze your public, use sleight of hand magic new magic tricks.

You know..something like..tell the public that we have a found a new planet that's 600 light years away that can support life, forgetting that it wasn't that long ago, they decided that Pluto wasn't actually really a planet.

Pluto's still there, it's just been recategorised in the solar system taxonomy. Does the fact science evolves bother you? This is the point!

I've given but four facts that anyone, armed with a small telescope, could use to show your geocentric theories are wrong. There are literally millions of amateur astronomers who could prove your theories right, but they don't. Why not? And why don't you buy a telescope and check it out for yourself?

I don't believe anything man made can exit our atmosphere, at least not what we have possessed or what we posses now.

It's a mint video....especially the onboard camera at 3 minutes....

Obviously, rather than wanting to enjoy the hobby of amateur space exploration, the only logical explanation is they took the time and money to buy all the equipment, selotape it together so it looked good, drive out into the desert and then apply world class computer graphics.

Or as lazier trolls than you would say...."photoshopped"!