Moon Landings

Christmas Tree

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprisingly for such a dry planet there are vast amounts of water but its below the surface in the form of ice. Also at school we were taught that the moon was a dry desolate place it now seems that that theory is out the window as there are lage volumes of water in the form of ice at the moons poles.

Surprisingly for such a dry planet there are vast amounts of water but its below the surface in the form of ice. Also at school we were taught that the moon was a dry desolate place it now seems that that theory is out the window as there are lage volumes of water in the form of ice at the moons poles.

Yeah Mars has loads of water and many what were once river beds. The whole moon stuff is very new and weird...Not as dead as we were told.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2013-262

http://www.space.com/15035-moon-formation-theory-challenged.html

Edited by Park Life

Seeing as all the waters underground and the surface is such a inhospitable place temperature dust storms etc there's a possibility of any kind of life being underground and that its had to adapt to the conditions of a very different planet to what it once was.

You may laugh but when they send CT up to do the groundwork given his professional experience in the garden amongst his other talents we'll see who's laughing then.

He'll be long dead before we have the technology to get that kind of payload into orbit ;)

Rents man you've not read the posts properly and you've answered your own question. The important words which I did repeat for you were 'size and distance'. The distance between the earth, the moon and the sun is an important factor. That's 3, not 2. Size of the body your standing on obviously doesnt matter but distance does.

If you don't like it, write to Iain Banks' estate to complain.

It's two distances (Earth-moon, Earth-Sun), two sizes (moon, sun) or two ratios being the same man, where does three come into it? Point is, is this really a billion to one chance given that the Earth needed a planetary sized satellite in relatively close orbit to it in order for advanced life to form? I'd suggest probably not but then again it's entirely speculative really, still worth thinking about though for fun.

Banks was a good author although I never read his sci fi stuff. Is it worthwhile?

BTW, this is going to be my last post in a while as this site won't let me post from my phone any more for some reason, had to save this post in an e mail.

That video is awesome.

"In this dream I was shown a zoomed up picture of the moon"

"Another dream of interest I had.....I was hovering over the moon in the dark but I could see everything clearly...through the murk of the darkness I saw 2 large pyramids and a obelisk....so I assume some sort of Atlantean colony from the past"

:lol:

• 8 months later...