If you're depressed and think you can't go on.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

You're only your parents class until you establish your own career. You're a business man and employer living in Lanchester!

What's wrong with being middle class anyway?

Actually tbf, (bare in mind this is from wiki)

In February 2009, The Economist announced that over half the world's population now belongs to the middle class, as a result of rapid growth in emerging countries. It characterized the middle class as having a reasonable amount of discretionary income, so that they do not live from hand to mouth as the poor do, and defined it as beginning at the point where people have roughly a third of their income left for discretionary spending after paying for basic food and shelter. This allows people to buy consumer goods, improve their health care, and provide for their children's education. Most of the emerging middle class consists of people who are middle-class by the standards of the developing world but not the rich one, since their money incomes do not match developed country levels, but the percentage of it which is discretionary does. By this definition, the number of middle-class people in Asia exceeded that in the West sometime around 2007 or 2008.

So in respect of that Id say the majority of us are "emerging middle class".

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're know you are middle class when you have to try and justify how you are working class tbh :lol:

Real fucking scruffy bastards dont give a shit either way. You're right about the inverse snobbery. It's like its cool to go to shit pubs and pretends your skint these days

well i do at times my life is crap most of the time sometimes i am tempted to get a rope put it round my neck and jump off the tyne bridge

Chin up man, everyone has downers.

Edit: just seen above posts.

Didn't mean to be flippant.

lol aye well i can't help you there like!

ah deaders thats the problem, even if you did have one to talk to, they'd have talked so much you wish they'd shaddup :D lose-lose situation

You don't want to be talking to them , man!

Oi you two! Behave yourselves :razz:

Ant's right you know - you need to get out there and do something. It could be voluntary, or charity based or a night class in something you're interested in, but it'll start to change so many other things. It'll give you something to do, your self-esteem will be better, you'll meet people and you'll challenge yourself.

After what's gone on with your family it's understandable that life is difficult, but you can make it better! You just need the confidence and motivation to take the first steps.