Sunday Games

Christmas Tree

The Club is now in a position to confirm that the home games against Norwich City and West Bromwich Albion have both been moved back by 24 hours.

On Monday, Newcastle's match against West Ham United was switched to Sunday, 11th November to five United's players more time to recover from their Europa League tie away to Club Brugge.

Now, with the Magpies at Maritimo on Thursday, 20th September, the clash with the Canaries - now managed by Chris Hughton - has been moved to Sunday, 23rd September rather than Saturday, 22nd September.

And the visit of West Brom will be played on Sunday, 28th October instead of Saturday, 27th October following the Club Brugge home fixture on Thursday, 25th October. Kick-off for both games will remain at 3pm.

Further changes will follow in due course.

Thoughts on Sunday games?

Personally they quite suit me as I can still work the Saturday then get merry on the Sunday. The other way around and I feel to hungover to work on the Sunday so end up losing two days pay.

Quite like they way Newcastle itself seems that much calmer / better on a Sunday.

Home games are better at 15:00 on Saturdays, that's just an irrefutable fact. I even enjoy it when I can't get a stream and I'm relying on Jeff Stelling's mob to give me sporadic biased updates... :dunno: in a perverse way.

Personally they quite suit me as I can still work the Saturday then get merry on the Sunday. The other way around and I feel to hungover to work on the Sunday so end up losing two days pay.

Quite like they way Newcastle itself seems that much calmer / better on a Sunday.

Here's a thought CT lad.

Don't drink?

Wooooo revolutionary!!!!

Aye but then you lose two days pay on the Sunday and Monday?

Much prefer Saturday games myself, ideal kick off time for me for every game would be 530 on a Saturday.

Was planning on going down to the West Brom game when it was on the Saturday. Had a look at trains back to Montrose on the Sunday and they're pretty pricey. :(

Buy a ticket fae Montrose to Dundee, Dundee to Edinburgh, then Edinburgh the toon works out much cheaper.

Much prefer Sundays, as it means I can get to a non-league game on a Saturday.

I rarely get to Saturday home games, though I was at Swansea & Wolves last season.

I think Swansea on 19th Nov is first Saturday 3pm home game this season; I'll miss that one

Most of the games I go to are on Saturday.

Trains are far more reliable, frequent and quicker for Saturday games and its nice to have a few beers without worrying about a hangover at work the next day.

I would have said Sunday games are bad news for most fans who go away regularly or have to travel some distance to the home games.

But the Premier League and the club couldn't couldn't give a shit about travelling supporters though, or any supporters for that matter, thats why so many games are moved for TV at short notice etc