Who do you as a Toon see as rivals and friends?

3bdelilah

I know a few lads with a soft spot for Plymouth because of the promotion night.

Boro can fuck right off. Straw clutching, desperate for rivals no mark cunts. They should go and beg Hartlepool to be their rivals seeing as Darlo have gone.

Thing is, I bet the monkey hangers consider Carlisle as rivals more than the smogs.

Sunderland aside, I have a particular dislike of Rangers, Celtic and Stoke

I seriously couldn't give two shades of shite about Boro. Honestly, couldn't care less. Their fans are like a small child who wants you to watch what they're doing yet you couldn't give a shit and just stand there saying 'yes son..that's nice..well done' while never actually looking up from your paper. I'll never recognise it as a derby.

Fucking nappy rippers. They're irrelevant tbh, even when they were in the Premiership, it's like you say they'd just sling abuse at us and the Mackems hoping to strike a nerve so they could get attention. I'd put the Mackems as clear and away my most disliked team, followed by Liverpool, Chelsea, the Manc teams, Arsenal etc.

I've always had a massive dislike for Spurs. Cockney mackems.

As for the massive teams, it's not so much that I dislike the likes of Man U and Liverpool as a club, it's more their patronising and clueless fuckwit of a fan base from all ends of the country. It always amuses me when the media have a go at us for being demanding when one of our managers gets sacked yet the minute Man Utd or Liverpool don't win then their gloryseeking fans from the arse end of Essex are straight on the phone asking for blood. Does anyone else when watching them on tele at home look at their crowd and think 'gloryseeker..gloryseeker..daytripper..'

I think I've done this before but my hierarchy of hatred goes:

Mackems

Man U/Liverpool

Forest/Sheff Wed/Stevenage/Hereford

All London teams

Every fucker else.

Mine goes:

Mackems/Liverpool

Tottenham

Everton/Rangers/Celtic/Villa

Leeds/Boro/Man City/West Ham/Stoke

Barcelona/Any Italian or Turkish team

I don't like Sunderland because we are their lives we really are, mackems are thick charvas in general and a huge representation of how neglected places become in a Southern-centric nation, and Liverpool is the same. I will say however, I get more satisfaction, a lot more, when Liverpool lose than when Sunderland do.

I think I've done this before but my hierarchy of hatred goes:

Mackems

Man U/Liverpool

Forest/Sheff Wed/Stevenage/Hereford

All London teams

Every fucker else.

What is to hate about Sheff Wed?

I would also say that among the masses filed under "every fucker else" I do have a few I have particular grudges against - for example Nottts County. We played them in 91 when we were shite and heading for the third pre-Keegan and they were heading for the first/premier and we played them at SJP around xmas time. Stimson got sent off and this was when I used to sit in the East stand near the seated away fans and there were a few around us that day as they actually brought a goof following. Anyway they were complete pricks about the sending off and really bigging themselves up as if they were a bigger club than us - really pissed me off.

I was fucking ecstatic when we played them a couple of years later in the LC when they were on their way back to obscurity and put 7 past the cunts.

I would also say that among the masses filed under "every fucker else" I do have a few I have particular grudges against - for example Nottts County. We played them in 91 when we were shite and heading for the third pre-Keegan and they were heading for the first/premier and we played them at SJP around xmas time. Stimson got sent off and this was when I used to sit in the East stand near the seated away fans and there were a few around us that day as they actually brought a goof following. Anyway they were complete pricks about the sending off and really bigging themselves up as if they were a bigger club than us - really pissed me off.

I was fucking ecstatic when we played them a couple of years later in the LC when they were on their way back to obscurity and put 7 past the cunts.

I remember that game we lost 2-0, long ball wankers. Warnock was manager iirc, and they wore hideous light blue shirts. They were much better than us though, Tommy Johnson, Gary Lund and Mark Draper (he was a fucking good player) tore us to shreds. I remember Bristol Rovers bringing a similarly annoying away following the same season "Gerry Frarrncis blue and white arrr rrr rrrrmy".

What is to hate about Sheff Wed?

Two things - going to Hillsborough in the 80s was always a nightmare thanks to the SYMM (not really the clubs fault I know) but mainly because when they got promoted in 84 under Wilkinson they were the epitome of football murdering bastards - they had a horrible offside trap which absolutely destroyed us when they beat us at our place.

On a related but non-hatred note when we played Millwall in 93 we were stopping in Clapham at the time as one of the lads was seeing a lass who lived there and it was the day of the Arsenal Sheff Wed LC final - we made the mistake of heading for what was our usual haunt of Camden only to find it full of Sheff Weds top boys - had a dodgy moment when their "general" sized us up but then decided we weren't worth bothering with and instead we had a good crack on with them - then fucked off back to South London as soon as we had the chance :)

One of my best mates is a Sheff Wed fan so I've been a few times in the home end and never had any bother. However, when I've been with us in the away end they have that pocket of knuckle draggers to the right of the Leppings Lane end. Absolute cock ends.

They're not known for violence Sheffield Wednesday to be fair and they're not known for ever having an awesome firm. In the 70's and 80's Newcastle had as many as anyone else so we can't go slagging other sides off. Millwall, Chelsea, Newcastle, West Ham, Leeds, Cardiff, Man City and Boro were known as the worst, and we were all in Division Two in 1984, which is why it was known as the year of the hooligan.

Can't stand sunderland, which goes without saying. Also always disliked Man City, even when they were in the 3rd Division and i've had a growing dislike for Liverpool over the past few years, as it seems have the rest of the country but I hope they win on Saturday.

I've heard lots of people mention a friendship with Shrewsbury Town over the years. Anyone know anything about that?

As a Aussie, I love watching the derbies because they're usually action-packed games but I can't claim any personal hatred for Mackems.

In fact, at the first of the two derbies last season I met a nice Mackem couple living here in Perth.

I fucking HATE Liverpool.

Can't fucking stand them.

Would love them to collapse in a pile of stinking horse manure.

In any sports code, easily the team I dispise the most.

Also, would love to take revenge on Villa.

man city were involved in the NS ferry incident with their iittle scum mates. Mansfield, shrewsbury and forest have been friends (forest nearly soured the last match away) nowadays west ham and believe it or not spurs are friendly.

Personally I hate everton stoke and leeds

man city were involved in the NS ferry incident with their iittle scum mates. Mansfield, shrewsbury and forest have been friends (forest nearly soured the last match away) nowadays west ham and believe it or not spurs are friendly.

Personally I hate everton stoke and leeds

There was some of their lot trying to kick it off on Trent Bridge that day, think they pretty much succeded. Its mad nowadays, the merest hint of trouble and theres all sorts of old radgies coming flying out the closet :lol: Hope that wasnt you Bob.. ;)

There was some of their lot trying to kick it off on Trent Bridge that day, think they pretty much succeded. Its mad nowadays, the merest hint of trouble and theres all sorts of old radgies coming flying out the closet :lol: Hope that wasnt you Bob.. ;)

One of their most know lads comes up regular sometimes a canny few that incident did get acouple of mentions