Everton v Newcastle United ---- 17/9/2012

JonTheMag

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we've seen the worst and are ready for the next blow coming round the corner. My first away game was a 4-0 twatting by Everton at Goodison.

It's a tough game, we're not in form and missing players. Who knows, when you least expect it?

The misery and pessimism in here is suffocating.

Why do Toon fans always assume the worst?

We're without our first choice 'keeper, centre half, right back & defensive midfielder. Of those, Krul, Colo and Tiote are amongst our most influential players. We've not exactly been playing well either.

3-0 loss unless the front 2 can sufficiently scare the shit out of them.

Pienaar being injured is a plus point,

going be an entertaining game this one going be down to the strikers on both teams i think, Ba/Cisse&hba will have to cover for our lack of defense, and it'll be up to Jelavic etc to expose our frailties

Gibson's out too, they seem to be worried about that.

Fair comment you do - since Newcastle W17 Draw 9 Everton 13. I'd say that's a decent record for a club like Everton against us in the Premiership era.

Haha ahh the good old McFaul I hate Everton posts, and even if I try and word it slightly like I'm being almost nice really I'm still being a cock end. :lol:

You sir are the Jagielka of this board :handbags:

I'd like to see a 4-5-1 with Ben Arfa and Marveaux either side of either Ba or Cisse. One of them should sit this one out to show them that their place isn't guaranteed as they've both been out of form.

Although individually they haven't looked great one thing I will say though is due to Pardew's tactics neither of them have had any service whatsoever.

My main concern for this is that Everton's threat tends to come from down the left hand side due to Baines so Pardew will have Ben Arfa spending more time in his own half then theirs. When what he should do is make it the opposite way round, push Ben Arfa further up the pitch so Baines has to stay back.

Also the thought of Williamson up against a team with the physical prowess against Everton terrifies me. He might have the height advantage but because he's such a tart he never takes advantage of it. He's weak as piss and doesn't throw himself about enough. Plus it no doubt means our set piece routine to Williamson is going to return. :(

Then again of course it wasn't blatantly obvious that we needed defensive reinforcements was it? It's like we're paying in some sort of perverse karma way for the board not doing what wasn't just needed, but required.

Ferguson ahead of Marveaux. No way.

Plus Ferguson's clearly lacking in fitness.

It's a tough call between the two. I went for Ferguson as I think the game could be blood and snots and he would suit that better than Marveaux.

Also worth considering 451 and dropping Jonas into midfield and dropping Cisse.

( Re Fergusons fitness. I thought he was back to normal and played well for Ireland mid week).

I doubt he's what you would call fully match sharp though due to missing a large proportion of pre-season and even games at reserve level. Agree with what you're saying about the type of occasion but Marveaux looked different gravy when he came on last game of the season at Goodison. His class and awareness could make a difference against an Everton team that are usually a tough nut to crack.

I would definitely like to see us go with 4231 in this one, valid point made about Barfa and Baines. Hatem is going to be our bit of magic in a game which is likely to be a scrappy affair.

----------------Harper

Anita---Taylor---Willo---Santon

-----------Cabaye---Jonas

Ben Arfa-------Ba-------Marveaux

-----------------Cisse

Anita and Santon could swap fullback positions, Jonas and Marveaux could swap roles in midfield and Ben Arfa could swap with whoever is on the left, leaving Ba more centrally behind Cisse.

Definitely a system and line up that can work and cause problems to Everton.

Edited by StellarStripes

Even th

I would definitely like to see us go with 4231 in this one, valid point made about Barfa and Baines. Hatem is going to be our bit of magic in a game which is likely to be a scrappy affair.

----------------Harper

Anita---Taylor---Willo---Santon

-----------Cabaye---Jonas

Ben Arfa-------Ba-------Marveaux

-----------------Cisse

Anita and Santon could swap fullback positions, Jonas and Marveaux could swap roles in midfield and Ben Arfa could swap with whoever is on the left, leaving Ba more centrally behind Cisse.

Definitely a system and line up that can work and cause problems to Everton.

Even though it won't happen, I'd like to see this team being played

----------------Harper

Tav---Taylor---Willo---Santon

-----------Cabaye---Anita

Jonas-------Ben Arfa-------Marveaux

-----------------Cisse

Of the little I've seen of Tav, he looks quite promising, so would be tempted to throw him into the mix. Would also like to see Ben Arfa return to his preferred no.10 role.

Even th

Even though it won't happen, I'd like to see this team being played

----------------Harper

Tav---Taylor---Willo---Santon

-----------Cabaye---Anita

Jonas-------Ben Arfa-------Marveaux

-----------------Cisse

Of the little I've seen of Tav, he looks quite promising, so would be tempted to throw him into the mix. Would also like to see Ben Arfa return to his preferred no.10 role.

You are right. That won't happen. Although Tav looks to be a good prospect and could start in the PL this season, Monday is too soon.

Secondly, I would like to see that attacking three behind a striker, balance on the wings and Barfa in the number ten but if your to drop one of Cisse and Ba it would have to be the former imo.

Theres absolutely no chance Jonas won't play imo.

The lad grafts his bollocks off every time he plays and we will need that against a team like Everton.

Add to that the fact he'll be captain if Colo misses the game and he's first name on the team sheet.

Hopefully Pardew sees sense though and plays him as part of a middle three.

Theres absolutely no chance Jonas won't play imo.

The lad grafts his bollocks off every time he plays and we will need that against a team like Everton.

Add to that the fact he'll be captain if Colo misses the game and he's first name on the team sheet.

Hopefully Pardew sees sense though and plays him as part of a middle three.

I'm hoping for

Harper

Anita Taylor Williamson Santon

Cabaye Bigi Jonas

HBA Cisse Ba

but I'm worried he'll drop HBA back into a midfield 4 with Jonas pushed wide. Bigi is promising, but will need a lot of help in the middle of the park against Fellaini et al

I'm hoping for

Harper

Anita Taylor Williamson Santon

Cabaye Bigi Jonas

HBA Cisse Ba

but I'm worried he'll drop HBA back into a midfield 4 with Jonas pushed wide. Bigi is promising, but will need a lot of help in the middle of the park against Fellaini et al

Couldn't agree more.

Is Colo definitely out or are we all just assuming at this stage?

Couldn't agree more.

Is Colo definitely out or are we all just assuming at this stage?

Haven't seen anything stating he's definitely out, but I'm sure I've heard people say it's very unlikely. Especially given it's a hamstring problem.